Deveron

lax0341

Reaction score
Who is selling the permits for most of the beats on the Deveron this year ? The fishingthedeveron site looks a bit outdated now.

scoops

Reaction score
Who is selling the permits for most of the beats on the Deveron this year ? The fishingthedeveron site looks a bit outdated now.
Not fished it for a couple years, but think Frank at Turriff tackle still has a good few beats, there is also Greenmount BnB in Huntly and Deveronside have a few really good beats

alan

Reaction score
Fished the river yesterday. Water was up and dropping nicely, lovely colour, just screaming fish.
My mate had a seatrout (slightly coloured) and lost another, better seatrout, (bar of silver) both on the rap. That was it, I never saw or touched a thing. Worst of all, never even saw a brownie..... Good hatch of olives and some march browns. Years ago you would put the salmon rod down (about 11.30 you could set yer watch by it) and have 1 - 2 hours of the most wonderful trout fishing you could wish for.
Something is wrong with the Deveron, but no one is saying.
Personally I think while the owners are still getting their fee they will stay silent.
Alan

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
Similar experiences on the Don Alan, hope your getting sport on the Nairn

DCH

alan

Reaction score
Would you like some????? The buggers are everywhere. Even in the Ugie at the back of my house. But their not too keen on what comes to meet them....
DCH.
Not been this season, been waiting for the all clear, hope to get up in the next couple of weeks. Banking on a lot of rain next week get it over the .45 on the SEPA scale and I,ll be there.
Alan

Donury

Reaction score
That‘s the problem ! :eek::( They empty the rivers.😨😫
I also think that they are the problem.
In past years the Goosanders used to overwinter on the river then disappear before Springtime.
I think most Don beats now have a resident pair producing large broods just as the Smolts are running.

Donury

Royal Game

Reaction score
As anglers we all know the damage these parr hoovers cause.

Unfortunately when policy is made by those who need the woke brigade on side to get re-elected then I really can't see much getting done to reverse things.

Royal Game

Reaction score
Of course when Scientists claim that they don't do any damage anyway, then it kind of undermines what we are trying to promote.

Ah well!

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
Fished the river yesterday. Water was up and dropping nicely, lovely colour, just screaming fish.
My mate had a seatrout (slightly coloured) and lost another, better seatrout, (bar of silver) both on the rap. That was it, I never saw or touched a thing. Worst of all, never even saw a brownie..... Good hatch of olives and some march browns. Years ago you would put the salmon rod down (about 11.30 you could set yer watch by it) and have 1 - 2 hours of the most wonderful trout fishing you could wish for.
Something is wrong with the Deveron, but no one is saying.
Personally I think while the owners are still getting their fee they will stay silent.
Alan
fit like alan one of our lads was fishing last week and the water at his feet was full with juvenile fish more than hed seen for many a year so hopefully they get a chance to get oot hopefully this water takes a few in time will tell