Deep Arctic Char

Mr Ferox

Reaction score
Has anybody targeted Arctic Char on Loch Ness. I will attatch a screenshot from my boat of a large shoal on the loch bottom. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Might even be a trip in it for you too!

Attachments

Saint Andrews

Reaction score
The old boys of Coniston in English Lake district used to use down triggers with multiple tiny spinners and spoons fishing the very deep trolling them under a rowing boat, i can see why it wouldn't work in Sottish waters.

Mr Ferox

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. Im going to deploy something similar tomorrow when im out. I saw a fella on YouTube catching lots of Char on Windermere. Ill post you a pic if we catch any.

Thanks

garrydog

Reaction score
Big heavy swim feeder filled with maggots, 4 dropers with 16 hooks baited with maggots.
That how it was done on Coniston years ago. Thousands were caught , Google job they stopped the maggot fishing , they would have been extinct in that lake.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I would try jigging also. A lead silver lure dropped right on top of them to the bottom then jigged back up. Bound to work. I wonder if a mackerel feather cast would work too.