Dee opening day.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Looks like a nice June day up in Aberdeenshire.:D
I had my Brynge Arctic thermals on today and a good down filled anorak under my waders.
Topped off with a Tog 4 tammy, everything was toast except my feet.
Any suggestions for good warm wading socks?
3mm neoprene ankle socks over your normal socks.
Most of the big fishing outlets do them.
Got a couple pairs. Havent had cold feet since I've had them.

westie4566

Reaction score
Keirsteam and McAndy

Gents, your inference that the LCWD fish is possibly fake I find a bit insulting. Not down to the angler in question, don't know him so no skin off my nose, but down to a) the underghillie there who's a friend of mine and texted me to say they'd landed one and b) the person who posted the pic on facebook today, owner of a well known Aberdeen tackle emporium and also a friend. I don't think either of them would be overly impressed at the joint inference that they were lying.

I know your on facepuke Tom..so the pic is there for all to see. Go have a hunt with the clues I've given you. (y)

I suspect that a fair few beats are getting sick of Fishpal. Remember a load of Tweed and, even more so, Spey beats never report on that platform. Doesn't make their catches fake though.

keirstream

Reaction score
Keirsteam and McAndy

Gents, your inference that the LCWD fish is possibly fake I find a bit insulting. Not down to the angler in question, don't know him so no skin off my nose, but down to a) the underghillie there who's a friend of mine and texted me to say they'd landed one and b) the person who posted the pic on facebook today, owner of a well known Aberdeen tackle emporium and also a friend. I don't think either of them would be overly impressed at the joint inference that they were lying.

I know your on facepuke Tom..so the pic is there for all to see. Go have a hunt with the clues I've given you. (y)

I suspect that a fair few beats are getting sick of Fishpal. Remember a load of Tweed and, even more so, Spey beats never report on that platform. Doesn't make their catches fake though.
For Christ sake, Andy, settle down.:(
I made no such inference and neither did Andy.
It was just a bit of fun during a very bleak winter.
B.T.W. nobody has mentioned where the other 2 fish were caught?
As far as Facebook is concerned, I use it very sparingly and rarely and I certainly
wouldn't be chasing for pictures of a fish, that I just wouldn't be bothered with.

westie4566

Reaction score
For Christ sake, Andy, settle down.:(
I made no such inference and neither did Andy.
It was just a bit of fun during a very bleak winter.
B.T.W. nobody has mentioned where the other 2 fish were caught?
As far as Facebook is concerned, I use it very sparingly and rarely and I certainly
wouldn't be chasing for pictures of a fish, that I just wouldn't be bothered with.
Come on? We have all surly been here long enough to see a wee kelt baggot joke, claim.

And given the circumstances can many actually claim to be fishing legitimate? If they can, good for them.. Have a wee sherry ;) ;)
Ok Gents....fair enough!

It is indeed a bleak winter, I had a brief respite yesterday and a bit of joy getting out on the river. It rapidly faded again today faced by twiddling my thumbs again with f'eck all to do and watching my business suffering. I'll freely admit that my sense of humour is stretched to breaking point atm.

The other two were at Crathes.

The LCWD fish looked like it had already been deep frozen....snow on it's nose, lol. Nae surprised by that in the slightest. Two mins out of the water an your flee was a solid lump!!!

The Park fish was caught by a mate of mine, he's part of our Tulchan crowd in April. Nae the first time he's done the honours there in the past few years....good on him

The LCWD fish was landed at 15.10 and Craig got his at 16.30. I'll admit I was attempting to break apart my frozen solid gear at that time.

westie4566

Reaction score
There ye all go. Got permission to share it!

lcwd.jpg

keirstream

Reaction score
Hope he didny shoot that beaver that's sitting on his head.:D
Lovely fish, very well mended indeed.:devilish:

NT8R

Reaction score
The season is what, 2 days old and yet again SFF sinks into the depths dragged down by the Usual Suspects 😂

Andrew B

Reaction score
As per getting out - just the tonic needed. Good craic and always the chance of an early silver tourist. I realise how lucky I am to have the above on my doorstep, mind. Blooming daft regs for many imho.
Lol I’m not the jealous type but this is putting it to the test😂
On a serious note even regardless of the lockdown and rules? As I’ve gotten older I’ve made it a thing to never take living within two minutes of my local river for granted. Couldn’t agree more about realising how lucky we are to have fishing on our doorsteps.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Hey many thanks for firstly posting those beautiful pics of a classic Spring Salmon scene on the Dee, and then the bonus fishy pic which has certainly brightened up my world of late👏
Re the Fishpal reports it’s obvious to me why there were no reports( not sure if it’s still the same?) Have to say that I’m not into that at all, as it kinda suggests that nobody should be there regardless of the complicated laws?

Nobody should be made to feel uneasy if they’re allowed to fish. You’re allowed to feel like a jammy devil for having this on your doorstep😉

uplands50

Reaction score
Looks like a nice June day up in Aberdeenshire.:D
I had my Brynge Arctic thermals on today and a good down filled anorak under my waders.
Topped off with a Tog 4 tammy, everything was toast except my feet.
Any suggestions for good warm wading socks?

i always wear a pair of neoprene socks over my ordinary socks, giving two layers of neoprene, never had cold feet

Andrew B

Reaction score
i always wear a pair of neoprene socks over my ordinary socks, giving two layers of neoprene, never had cold feet
Probably learnt the hard way lol? I can still remember as a kid, waiting for a lift back with two blocks of ice where my feet should of been lol.

jimmythefish

Reaction score
How many of the boys that looked at the second picture NEVER spotted the angler👀, hi time I was away for new glesess maybe boys ,all I seen first look was,snaw,snaw,and more snaw 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪..

clydesider

Reaction score
Nice pics but what a namby pamby lot....wee touch of snow and its thermals, neoprene etc.....bring back the days when men were men and.........;)
Mike