Decent start

Loxie

Reaction score
ADH has no doubt killed more fish than "white sands" net fishery, most of them on natural bait, or devon minnow, most on his silver spoon in the mouth family prime water, but as so often happens, all of a sudden one morning they wake up, and think, spinning should be banned, C&R should be imposed in the spring, 95% of fish even in the small envelope remaining of the keep season should be returned, unfortunately loxie, this is the way of the world we now live in.

It's really rather sad. What we really need is more people fishing and imposing more and more unnecessary restrictions will do nothing to help. Fewer anglers will always mean fewer fish in the long run.

westie4566

Reaction score
Sorry I missed this one W&D!

What a cracker of a fish and a great start to your season.....here's hoping there are many more to follow!

Dinnae worry.....I got what your old man was on about, lol!:D

fishpond

Reaction score
Made me laugh too - guess not everyone know who's who on here - hope ADH isn't lurking or he may have choked on his silver spoon of porridge!

Continued tight lines to you both

Richard

marty31

Reaction score
having had a second look at the fish, I think it looks a bit kelty maybe a kelt that has been briefly back out to sea, had a bit feed, silvered up a bit, come back into the lower river, been netted by the recently opened "gardo" netting station, returned because it looked dodgy, unsalable at billingsgate, and unfit for human consumption, moved up river with the trauma, then jumped onto any fly it encountered, I think:eek: god knows what its going to do next:confused:

MCXFisher

Reaction score
having had a second look at the fish, I think it looks a bit kelty maybe a kelt that has been briefly back out to sea, had a bit feed, silvered up a bit, come back into the lower river, been netted by the recently opened "gardo" netting station, returned because it looked dodgy, unsalable at billingsgate, and unfit for human consumption, moved up river with the trauma, then jumped onto any fly it encountered, I think:eek: god knows what its going to do next:confused:

Answer - pose for a painting: it's the new fashion and so much more cultured than photography :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
CC is this not the normal for this forum? someone catches a fish and is over the moon with it, then 85% of the forum finds dozens of faults with it, and dozens of reasons of why it should not have been caught in the first place, the post was really a bit of a pee take, as W&D is my son and I was fishing with him at the time, and I am more than sure that he knows fine well that there was no "unpleasantness" or anything "uncalled for" intended, more like a bit of harmless banter and maybe sour grapes because he got it and not me, maybe the next time it will be me, and no doubt he will get his own back, tight lines

Aah... you got me. If I'd know I'd have left you to it rather than coming out in his defence.

I'm sure it gives you pleasure to have your son catch fine salmon like this one. I look forward to taking my kids fishing in a few years. Does he catch more than you? ;-)

marty31

Reaction score
Aah... you got me. If I'd know I'd have left you to it rather than coming out in his defence.

I'm sure it gives you pleasure to have your son catch fine salmon like this one. I look forward to taking my kids fishing in a few years. Does he catch more than you? ;-)
maybe even stephens at the present time, but I can see it becoming a problem in the future, he casts a better fly line than me, but thinks all the salmon lie 6 inches from the other bank

Salty_Minnow

Reaction score
maybe even stephens at the present time, but I can see it becoming a problem in the future, he casts a better fly line than me, but thinks all the salmon lie 6 inches from the other bank

That is the understatement of the year so far. There aren't many people on the river can cast like David does.

Nice to see a fin perfect Springer off the tweed and especially off W&D.