Decent start

Reaction score
Nice start to the season for myself down on W/D on my first trip out since about September last year.
A couple of hours before the midday tide and I managed this bar of silver on a small executioner.
Fingers crossed for a good run this year.

Tight lines to all fishing the Tweed in 17
W/D

Loxie

Reaction score
Nice start to the season for myself down on W/D on my first trip out since about September last year.
A couple of hours before the midday tide and I managed this bar of silver on a small executioner.
Fingers crossed for a good run this year.

Tight lines to all fishing the Tweed in 17
W/D

Nice one. First of many I hope!

Chicharito

Reaction score
Well Done W&D ! Nice fish .
It's about time the Tweed got a mention !
I have put a few hours in this season with only one fish lost so far.
Hopefully there will be more about than last season !
Nice one !!

Handel

Reaction score
Love the heading to this thread. The way the Tweed is fishing this month (one fish declared off the whole river yesterday) it is more than a decent start, it is a miracle.

Reaction score
Love the heading to this thread. The way the Tweed is fishing this month (one fish declared off the whole river yesterday) it is more than a decent start, it is a miracle.

Not a great day off the river by all means but low clear water and small tides = good for us on the tidal and bad for for anybody further up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty31

Reaction score
nice fish but lifted out of the water is now a no no, tweedbeats website would not have published that pic
you need to go onto their website and I think you will find out things have changed since the last fish you caught, I hope this is a one off incident :eek:

Dunkeld1962

Reaction score
nice fish but lifted out of the water is now a no no, tweedbeats website would not have published that pic
you need to go onto their website and I think you will find out things have changed since the last fish you caught, I hope this is a one off incident :eek:
Where on Tweedbeats website, plenty pictures of fish out of the water including numerous dead ones!!!

Reaction score

Says the man holding up a dead fish!

marty31

Reaction score
Where on Tweedbeats website, plenty pictures of fish out of the water including numerous dead ones!!!
two weeks ago on the weekly editorial, the main topic was about landing salmon, and lifting them out the water, ADH stated that photos of fish lifted out the water or incorrectly handled would be from this season, not be published on their website, I would imagine the dead fish photos would be at the correct time of the season for taking salmon for the table therefore perfectly legal, if you go onto their website and their back editorials you can read it for yourself, its a big issue this year about people taking more care about their photos, than the welfare of the returned salmon and there are new strict guidelines

Dunkeld1962

Reaction score
two weeks ago on the weekly editorial, the main topic was about landing salmon, and lifting them out the water, ADH stated that photos of fish lifted out the water or incorrectly handled would be from this season, not be published on their website, I would imagine the dead fish photos would be at the correct time of the season for taking salmon for the table therefore perfectly legal, if you go onto their website and their back editorials you can read it for yourself, its a big issue this year about people taking more care about their photos, than the welfare of the returned salmon and there are new strict guidelines
Where are the guidelines? Is in the Tweed Code? I've never seen anything anywhere.

marty31

Reaction score
Where are the guidelines? Is in the Tweed Code? I've never seen anything anywhere.
haven't seen this years code, it might just be the tweedbeats code,
it was just the main topic on their editorial, about the landing and handling of early spring fish, and the big no no of lifting fish for photos out of the water, when by law they had to be returned

simonsmith

Reaction score
Fish

Great fish mate, well done. Responsible photo too IMHO. Nice and low to the water and swiftly back I expect?!

Reaction score
was the dreaded dead fish, not perfectly legal and at the correct time of the season? we pay thousands into the tweed levy system, you surly don't begrudge me a salmon for the table? what do you pay into the system towards conservation ?

Marty31,

I don't begrudge anyone a fish for the table. I really don't think W&D has done any harm in posting this beautiful photo of a beautiful fish inches from the water. For you to berate him for that was, in my opinion, somewhat unpleasant and uncalled for.

Loxie

Reaction score
It is quite strange how ADH has got so lecturing of late. A month ago he was telling us if he caught a really big fish he would kill it and weigh it and not tell anyone. Then he's telling us only photo a fish in the water, now it's only Satan and his minions you would kill a fish before he he end of June. Obviously on the 1st of July you can kill them all and that's fine.

marty31

Reaction score
Marty31,

I don't begrudge anyone a fish for the table. I really don't think W&D has done any harm in posting this beautiful photo of a beautiful fish inches from the water. For you to berate him for that was, in my opinion, somewhat unpleasant and uncalled for.
CC is this not the normal for this forum? someone catches a fish and is over the moon with it, then 85% of the forum finds dozens of faults with it, and dozens of reasons of why it should not have been caught in the first place, the post was really a bit of a pee take, as W&D is my son and I was fishing with him at the time, and I am more than sure that he knows fine well that there was no "unpleasantness" or anything "uncalled for" intended, more like a bit of harmless banter and maybe sour grapes because he got it and not me, maybe the next time it will be me, and no doubt he will get his own back, tight lines

Reaction score
Cheers for all the positive replies. Fingers crossed ill get a few more to post.
For those who dont know, Marty31 is my dad and having a bit of banter. Either that or he is just getting grumpy through lack of fish caught!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty31

Reaction score
It is quite strange how ADH has got so lecturing of late. A month ago he was telling us if he caught a really big fish he would kill it and weigh it and not tell anyone. Then he's telling us only photo a fish in the water, now it's only Satan and his minions you would kill a fish before he he end of June. Obviously on the 1st of July you can kill them all and that's fine.
ADH has no doubt killed more fish than "white sands" net fishery, most of them on natural bait, or devon minnow, most on his silver spoon in the mouth family prime water, but as so often happens, all of a sudden one morning they wake up, and think, spinning should be banned, C&R should be imposed in the spring, 95% of fish even in the small envelope remaining of the keep season should be returned, unfortunately loxie, this is the way of the world we now live in.