Daiwa Mackenzie Signature 15' #10/11

MatthewS

Reaction score
If you've used or own a Daiwa Mackenzie Signature, especially the 15' #10/11 3pc, how do you rate the rod? Any info helpful, thanks

jockparr

Reaction score
If you've used or own a Daiwa Mackenzie Signature, especially the 15' #10/11 3pc, how do you rate the rod? Any info helpful, thanks
My pal owns one , had a cast or two with it ... what a rod :eek: would love to own one but beyond my budget :mad:

Cumbrian rivers

Reaction score
Got a 15ft 5 piece which is a brilliant rod but i prefer my 14ft 3 piece . I just use the bigger one for full sinkers on big floods.

Reaction score
Daiwa MacKenzie 15 ft #10/11 3 pc

I have the very rod you are asking about, had it a couple of years, using a shooting head on it for the first time this season.Very happy with it.
Hope this helps..

MatthewS

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. The rod is beyond my budget at RRP too, but I've been offered one at half that. To carry over a couple of my favourite lines would be a big bonus, but I'm concerned with the rod having Scotts name on that it might weigh in at the heavier end of #11. What shooting head are you using Alan? Have you weighed it? My favourite SH system is Guidelines DDC but it's trimmed to 40g for my current rod. Has anyone put a snowbee 2D through it also?

Reaction score
Hi Matt,it is a Guideline head, no idea what weight it is not very good with all the technical stuff, Munro on here trimmed it back to suit me and put on the loops and things,I am not the best caster in the world but have greatly improved with the Signature, the head and Munro's help. Superb rod in my opinion especially if you can pick one up at half price, go for it

munro

Reaction score
will need need to weigh but reckon it was between 1m and 1.5m propbably nearer 1m
By the way scunnered now apparently guideline not doing the heads in customize now for floating only the new triple density sinkers in trim to fit
talk about scunnered
bring them back guideline,please please please
pimp ma shooting head rules

Last edited:

longchuck

Reaction score
had the 15ft signature since they came out.
fished the 15ft prototype when i was up at ness side for 3 days tuition with scott.
was one of the first to get one when theycame on the market,courtesy of scott.
its my pinion the 15ft fishes better with medium to long belly spey lines,although it will fish shooting heads,its more comfortable with spey lines.
i have also tried the 13 and 14ft rods,these seem to be more capable of throwing s/h.
the 15ft rod works best if you dont bully it,let the rod do all the work.
i liked the midspey or a lee wullf on the 15ft
superb rod and if you get it you will not be dissapointed
hope this helps
tom

munro

Reaction score
Have also used with,monteith with tips set up to i think 75plus foot,slow casting action load rods deep and the rod does it itself very powerfull rod,this was couple of years back with someone elses
but unfortunatley to fish the clyde you struggle for room or are in the middle of the river
tried beasts set up couple weeks back again to show him how to do short stroke with underhand,rod worked damn fine with it

Last edited:

ibm59

Reaction score
I had both the 15' and 14' Signatures , but sold the 15' earlier this year.

Both work well with Rio AFS and Guideline short cut Power Tapers in their respective sizes ie 9/10 for the 14' and 10/11 for the 15'
Both also work well with Snowbee 2Ds in their respective sizes , Michael Evans salmon lines , and BOTH rods will handle the Monteith floating multi tip 10/11. Just pull the marker in a little on the 14'.

Of the 2 rods , I much prefer the 14'er.
It just seems much more of an all round rod , and an absolute joy to use.

Last edited:

munro

Reaction score
B just remembered i have book to send you sorry in post tommorow,good rods gordon pollack said they were superb with heads when they first came out b