Custom switch in red

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Been busy again. I've built this switch rod for another pal its an 11'6". The red and black look great together. I've started another 11ft to replace the one I built for my son that my pals pal was off with. I've done a tiger handle on it and going mainly blue with a touch red. Will post a thread on it when it's done. I've still got a load of 12,13 and 14ft blanks to build and my order of tailored nano carbon blanks will be finished and hopefully here in a couple of weeks so I'm going to be real busy during the closed season. I've got spinning blanks in nano carbon getting made also and a couple in a bright funky blue finish so going to have a go at building them too. I've also got some single hander trout blanks to build :)
20200927_131147.jpg
20200927_131126.jpg
20200927_130422.jpg
20200927_130356.jpg
20200927_130343.jpg
20200927_130326.jpg

lefthandup

Reaction score
My reel seat has slight movement again Gord...
Need to get the thinking cap on , see if you can think of something 🤔

I've got more than enough rods ATM bud... cheers.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
My reel seat has slight movement again Gord...
Need to get the thinking cap on , see if you can think of something 🤔

I've got more than enough rods ATM bud... cheers.
I will be able the strip the reel seat and butt off and put a new reel seat and build a new butt on for you Colin. I can do that from the bottom up fairly easily. If you wanted a whole new handle then its got to be built from top down which involves sanding back the epoxy finish over the writing and re doing the thread. Get it to me over the closed season and I will see what I can do mate.

lefthandup

Reaction score
I will be able the strip the reel seat and butt off and put a new reel seat and build a new butt on for you Colin. I can do that from the bottom up fairly easily. If you wanted a whole new handle then its got to be built from top down which involves sanding back the epoxy finish over the writing and re doing the thread. Get it to me over the closed season and I will see what I can do mate.
I'm going to try something with it first Gordon....thanks for the offer,I'll keep that in the back burner just in case.
Season is almost done so plenty time.👍

chrishconnolly

Reaction score
My 11ft6" picked up from Gordon last night and it's an absolute cracker.
I currently have a bad shoulder injury and don't know when I will get a throw with it but it may be just worth going through the pain barrier to have a cast.
Thanks for a great build Gordon.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
My 11ft6" picked up from Gordon last night and it's an absolute cracker.
I currently have a bad shoulder injury and don't know when I will get a throw with it but it may be just worth going through the pain barrier to have a cast.
Thanks for a great build Gordon.
Your welcome mate. Im glad you are pleased with it. Its the same blank as Jason's and he's still raving about his. Been using on lower Tay too ?? Not my weapon of choice there.so fingers crossed you will love it as much as him mate. Keep me posted on how its doing. I'm expecting pics of it beside fish

DC

Reaction score
Those builds look 1st class. As a mater of interest where do you source your blanks ? Sounds like a DIY build might be a nice close season project. :)

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I
Those builds look 1st class. As a mater of interest where do you source your blanks ? Sounds like a DIY build might be a nice close season project. :)
Thanks.
I bought a load of blanks from a wholesaler in China although the blanks were produced in South Korea. It was a hassle to import them with various fees. But they turned out to be really decent quality. I've still got a good few left. 12ft 13ft and 14ft. My pals convinced they are hardy marksman blanks.

Jas

Reaction score
I

Thanks.
I bought a load of blanks from a wholesaler in China although the blanks were produced in South Korea. It was a hassle to import them with various fees. But they turned out to be really decent quality. I've still got a good few left. 12ft 13ft and 14ft. My pals convinced they are hardy marksman blanks.
I'm almost 100% sure those blanks are the same as the marksman Gordon they feel great looking forward to you building one for a try with it