Cummings media attempted assassination.

happy days

Reaction score
Negotiate a Trade deal, which requires a lot of time
Personally my business hasn't got time to face another 4 years of the same, since the last election work picked up giving the best six months for years I put it down to people knew what was happening and weren't scared to spend in our own economy, more years of uncertainty like the last 4 is the worse thing that can happen IMO

KILDONAN

Reaction score
Now do the doubters believe its all about stopping Brexit?
Sorry but that sounds like fake news. to propose something then have first and second readings takes weeks and weeks.
There is a second reading of the immigration bill on 6th June
Moreover if you see the last letter to a Barnier from Frost you'll see were more likely to have a no deal scenario. Because of delusion EU attitude.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
if we change course now and go back to a May type cabinet/policies we are finished. Just get on with it for better or worse.
If we go back to a world where elected officials are allowed to do their job - whether we like it or not - we are finished, so best just accept that the unelected Cummings is our proxy leader in order to get away from the unelected officials in Brussels...?

The thing I can see most likely to derail Brexit is the government continuing to allow confidence in them to haemorrhage away by defending the indefensible and consistently making reckless, hyperbolic claims and statements of intent that they then consistently fail to deliver against while insisting this was the plan all along and you must have heard them wrong. Continuing to set targets that are meaningless and then chasing them rather than what is the right thing to do. Vote of no confidence in Johnson would be a kamikaze thing to do right now, but we appear to be a kamikaze kinda frame of mind nationally, so it's not outside the realms of possibility, I guess. Otherwise, we're heading for no deal and I haven't heard one single #FBPE, rabid remoaner hoping for otherwise, let alone expecting it.

I have, however, heard a lot of Brexity types appearing more anxious about their Brexit than any of the huge mistakes made during the pandemic.

If you want to keep your Brexity government, you need to put pressure on them to do a better job, because they'll throw it away themselves at this rate.

ETA - I know that you don't vote for this government, hd. It was a broader point.

happy days

Reaction score
If we go back to a world where elected officials are allowed to do their job - whether we like it or not - we are finished, so best just accept that the unelected Cummings is our proxy leader in order to get away from the unelected officials in Brussels...?

The thing I can see most likely to derail Brexit is the government continuing to allow confidence in them to haemorrhage away by defending the indefensible and consistently making reckless, hyperbolic claims and statements of intent that they then consistently fail to deliver against while insisting this was the plan all along and you must have heard them wrong. Continuing to set targets that are meaningless and then chasing them rather than what is the right thing to do. Vote of no confidence in Johnson would be a kamikaze thing to do right now, but we appear to be a kamikaze kinda frame of mind nationally, so it's not outside the realms of possibility, I guess. Otherwise, we're heading for no deal and I haven't heard one single #FBPE, rabid remoaner hoping for otherwise, let alone expecting it.

I have, however, heard a lot of Brexity types appearing more anxious about their Brexit than any of the huge mistakes made during the pandemic.

If you want to keep your Brexity government, you need to put pressure on them to do a better job, because they'll throw it away themselves at this rate.

ETA - I know that you don't vote for this government, hd. It was a broader point.
While Cummings may not be elected personally his policies and plans to see them through where, no matter how much different groups may not like them or him, it was a choice of the majority and should be expedited otherwise we are back to cries of denial of democracy. :)

Safranfoer

Reaction score
While Cummings may not be elected personally his policies and plans to see them through where, no matter how much different groups may not like them or him, it was a choice of the majority and should be expedited otherwise we are back to cries of denial of democracy. :)
We can't be in a place where we have to keep Cummings else otherwise it's a betrayal of the Brexit vote... How on earth have we ended up here?! Nothing this government can do can be held to account else otherwise it's a betrayal of the 52%? Really?

happy days

Reaction score
We can't be in a place where we have to keep Cummings else otherwise it's a betrayal of the Brexit vote... How on earth have we ended up here?! Nothing this government can do can be held to account else otherwise it's a betrayal of the 52%? Really?
I didn't say that, my point is that this isn't about a road trip anymore it's been jumped on and politicised by those with other agendas.

morphfly

Reaction score
Sorry but that sounds like fake news. to propose something then have first and second readings takes weeks and weeks.
There is a second reading of the immigration bill on 6th June
Moreover if you see the last letter to a Barnier from Frost you'll see were more likely to have a no deal scenario. Because of delusion EU attitude.
I agree hasn't had reading of any sort and if it had, with Boris' s majority, wouldn't pass. Also is a back bencher Bill so no chance of getting a reading.
Morphfly

T7

Reaction score
Personally my business hasn't got time to face another 4 years of the same, since the last election work picked up giving the best six months for years I put it down to people knew what was happening and weren't scared to spend in our own economy, more years of uncertainty like the last 4 is the worse thing that can happen IMO
Whilst I sympathise with the situation you were told during the Remain campaign that negotiating trade deals was incredibly complex and would take years to achieve as well as the EU themselves saying it wasn’t possible. You were also told by the Leave campaign that the best deal ever could be done as quickly as a road trip to Durham. You believed the latter and we’re heading for a no deal Brexit and I’ll save you the time of reposting the ten billion links to what the Leave campaign and the Tory party said about a future trade agreement

happy days

Reaction score
Whilst I sympathise with the situation you were told during the Remain campaign that negotiating trade deals was incredibly complex and would take years to achieve as well as the EU themselves saying it wasn’t possible. You were also told by the Leave campaign that the best deal ever could be done as quickly as a road trip to Durham. You believed the latter and we’re heading for a no deal Brexit and I’ll save you the time of reposting the ten billion links to what the Leave campaign and the Tory party said about a future trade agreement
You really don’t know what I believe mate and you’re being presumptious, my desire to leave Europe and reasons for were forged decades ago so the antics of both campaigns 2016 had no effect on my vote. I never have posted links so You’ve got no worries on that score, my opinions/observations are mine alone even if you don’t agree with them :)