Covid Vaccine... Well would you ??

D

Deleted member 945

Not making any news up mate just stating my opinion from what I’ve observed since March is that a healthy 30/40 yo person is more likely to get ill from an un field tested vaccine that it’s own producer won’t underwrite than Covid itself

Who won’t underwrite what? More fake news...

D

Deleted member 945

I think the point being made was that it wont stop the spread of the virus.
If a vaccine stops you getting it, you cant spread it.
If it suppresses the symptoms, youre ok, but not necessarily the people you come in contact with as youll have it and can pass it on.
Will do a bit more digging to verify this

It won’t stop you “getting it” if you come into contact with the virus it will enter your body and cells will become infected but then it’s a case of how quickly your body fights off the infection. So if you have had a vaccination and happen to come into contact with the virus then your body will kill the virus quickly and efficiently, before the virus starts to cause symptoms from the host. This is the same for every vaccine. I’d be genuinely interested in anything you can find to the contrary on any of the covid vaccines.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I think the point being made was that it wont stop the spread of the virus.
If a vaccine stops you getting it, you cant spread it.
If it suppresses the symptoms, youre ok, but not necessarily the people you come in contact with as youll have it and can pass it on.
Will do a bit more digging to verify this
I understood your point. But if healthy working age people can pass it among themselves without ill effect, with a cheaper readily available vaccine, and if more vulnerable people can’t catch it with a more expensive harder to administer vaccine - then that feels pragmatic?
As long as Oxford prevents long covid. I have had no symptoms but am experiencing erratic blood pressure, migraines, loss of smell, tinnitus and fatigue. Would rather not, if this is what happens after asymptomatic covid.

D

Deleted member 945

LOL that’s my point, electing to roll your sleeve up for not yet approved and no assurance of guarantee vaccine is risky

I think most people are talking about when it’s approved and available. The MHRA will be the ones to judge whether it’s safe and effective

Rutlander

Reaction score
I'll get the jab as soon as it's available. In fact, I've been queuing at the surgery for over a week now! Gets a bit lonely at night.

In all seriousness, I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't get the jab. This is a bastard of an illness literally on a global scale. We will be sending the bills to China won't we?

happy days

Reaction score
I think most people are talking about when it’s approved and available. The MHRA will be the ones to judge whether it’s safe and effective
I think it’s up to the individual to judge whether it’s safe or effective

Rennie

Reaction score
I don't trust what I'm told and especially do not trust those doing the telling. My mantra on life and just about anything, is never to rush in to anything!. On that line of thought alone, I wont be beating a path to the local witch doctors to be treated like a pin cushion. I'll personally be sat on the fence waiting to see what happens in the future and at that point will make a yes or no decision and not before!.
There's so much I just don't get or understand about the whole thing, none of it is complicated in any way at all, it's simplistic and thats how this whole Covid fiasco should have been treated in the 1st place right from its early days!.
Any way, put me down as no not yet, not until I know a lot more!.
Pedro

salarchaser

Reaction score
It won’t stop you “getting it” if you come into contact with the virus it will enter your body and cells will become infected but then it’s a case of how quickly your body fights off the infection. So if you have had a vaccination and happen to come into contact with the virus then your body will kill the virus quickly and efficiently, before the virus starts to cause symptoms from the host. This is the same for every vaccine. I’d be genuinely interested in anything you can find to the contrary on any of the covid vaccines.
I understand the principles of how vaccines work.
The questionable bit is whether while 'you have it', you are infectious.

D

Deleted member 945

I understand the principles of how vaccines work.
The questionable bit is whether while 'you have it', you are infectious.

It sounded like the suggestion was that this is different from every other vaccine in that one would still have the infection for the ‘normal’ duration. As I said, I’d like to see the evidence of this, otherwise I think we can assume that it will be the same as every other vaccine and you’ll have no/few symptoms and kill off the infection very rapidly, which of course hugely reduces the likelihood of transmission (assuming one can even transmit the virus in its early stages)

Safranfoer

Reaction score
The PM and health secretary should not need the vaccine as they have both had the virus and should have anti-bodies.
Until we know how long immunity lasts - currently it's known to be 6 months - I reckon they'll recommend everyone take the vaccine because then they can control the ongoing immunisation programme around known dates for each individual.

clydesider

Reaction score
Pedro
I remember the impact of Lariam on me before a Kenya safari holiday.
I dont react well to pills, potions and jags so I will have to weigh up what I know about my personal reaction to medication before deciding to proceed to injection.
Mike

offshore

Reaction score
Yes...that would be a “Churchillian” moment in leadership.
Perhaps more like a John Gummer moment:

'At a boat show in the East of England, he fed his daughter Cordelia a British beef burger for the gathered press and cameras. Six years later a link between BSE and a human form of the disease was officially confirmed in the Commons. By then an EU ban on British beef was already in force'.

1606154438800.png

Andrew B

Reaction score
I don't trust what I'm told and especially do not trust those doing the telling. My mantra on life and just about anything, is never to rush in to anything!. On that line of thought alone, I wont be beating a path to the local witch doctors to be treated like a pin cushion. I'll personally be sat on the fence waiting to see what happens in the future and at that point will make a yes or no decision and not before!.
There's so much I just don't get or understand about the whole thing, none of it is complicated in any way at all, it's simplistic and thats how this whole Covid fiasco should have been treated in the 1st place right from its early days!.
Pedro
I think that’s very wise and yes just like so much of this year not much of it makes sense?
I’ll give you just one anomaly. We all know how bad seasonal flu is, and how many people it kills every year? Make no mistake influenza is a killer.
With this in mind can anyone answer why as soon as Covid turns up, flu deaths have just vanished off the face of the earth?

clydesider

Reaction score
Telegraph today.
Mike

AstraZeneca shares slip as analysts questions efficacy​

AstraZeneca shares have slipped further after an analyst offered a stinging review of the company’s vaccine results, forcing a response from the company.
SVB Leerink analyst Geoffrey Porges said the treatment may never gain approval from US regulator the FDA, and said Astra had highlighted results from a “relatively small” number of patients.

Bloomberg has more details on his comments:
The combination of lower effectiveness, a troubled trial design and the occurrence of severe safety events make Porges believe the product has no future in the U.S. The analyst also said Astra and Oxford officials would be “roundly criticized” for their lacking safety disclosure that was “hardly reassuring.”
AstraZeneca has called his comments harsh, urging patience.
AstraZeneca PLC

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...ews-pound-euro-ftse-100/#update-20201123-1523

Andrew B

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say I’m frightened of having a vaccine. What bothers me is I’ve not seen anyone talk about going back to life as it once was?
As it happens I’ve done all that’s been asked and therefore have stayed safe, but I’m not gonna live in fear as it’s not a good place to be imo.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I think that’s very wise and yes just like so much of this year not much of it makes sense?
I’ll give you just one anomaly. We all know how bad seasonal flu is, and how many people it kills every year? Make no mistake influenza is a killer.
With this in mind can anyone answer why as soon as Covid turns up, flu deaths have just vanished off the face of the earth?
Because flu is much less contagious than covid, so the measures in place to control covid are keeping a lid on the flu. The tests for flu and covid are very different, btw. Flu deaths aren't being absorbed in covid numbers.

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
I’m sure there will be millions of poorer disadvantage countries queueing up to take it. Assuming they can afford to do so.

I do hope these companies making or will be making Billions from their vaccine, share the vaccine with those whom can’t afford to get it.