Covid Vaccine... Well would you ??

salarchaser

Reaction score
Might have miss heard it while listening to the news this morning, but I'm sure one interviwee this morning said the Oxford vaccine doesnt stop you getting covid, but stops you getting the symptoms. In effect you are an asymptomatic carrier who can still spread the virus.
Sounds a dangerous approach in isolation.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
There will probably be some adverse reactions to the vaccines but I sincerely hope the benefits (less people catching it/dying, recovery of the economy, possible eradication or very tight control of the virus, return of fairly normal lifestyles) will massively outweigh that.

D

Deleted member 21259

How much public liability are Pfizer holding for the people that get fckd up by this vaccine because there will be some

If I were them then I would issue the vaccine with a disclaimer or tie the government up into stating that the company would face no future liability if things went wrong since the government will be applying maximum pressure to have the vaccine released and released quickly. Ultimately what I suppose it comes down to is do you want to die from Covid or kill your elderly relatives when you pass it on to them or do you want to risk a vaccine which although being developed, tested and certified very quickly is still going all necessary regulatory checks before being released. Personally I will take it and smile as they stick the needle in my arm. In direct answer to your question Pfizer will if course have resources allocated in the event of adverse reactions from patients. Just how much is of course anybodies guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

happy days

Reaction score
If I were them then I would issue the vaccine with a disclaimer or tie the government up into stating that the company would face no future liability if things went wrong since the government will be applying maximum pressure to have the vaccine released and released quickly. Ultimately what I suppose it comes down to is do you want to die from Covid or kill your elderly relatives when you pass it on to them or do you want to risk a vaccine which although being developed, tested and certified very quickly is still going all necessary regulatory checks before being released. Personally I will take it and smile as they stick the needle in my arm. In direct answer to your question Pfizer will if course have resources allocated in the event of adverse reactions from patients. Just how much is of course anybodies guess.
Well a working man with kids on the floor would need to know if things go wrong they’ll be looked after right away not ten years down the line which is par for course with big pharma

D

Deleted member 21259

Well a working man with kids on the floor would need to know if things go wrong they’ll be looked after right away not ten years down the line which is par for course with big pharma

Fair point you make. I would have suggested that the kids on the floor need a live parent to look after them not one who died from Covid. Having said this though if God forbid the vaccine kills the working man then my own point is kind of rendered impotent :oops:

happy days

Reaction score
Fair point you make. I would have suggested that the kids on the floor need a live parent to look after them not one who died from Covid. Having said this though if God forbid the vaccine kills the working man then my own point is kind of rendered impotent :oops:
I think it’s fair to say a Thirty/fourty year old man of working age with kids is at higher risk from the vaccine than Covid itself, if big pharma are asking for a disclaimer then they don’t trust it themselves.

D

Deleted member 945

Might have miss heard it while listening to the news this morning, but I'm sure one interviwee this morning said the Oxford vaccine doesnt stop you getting covid, but stops you getting the symptoms. In effect you are an asymptomatic carrier who can still spread the virus.
Sounds a dangerous approach in isolation.

Loose lips...

D

Deleted member 945

I think it’s fair to say a Thirty/fourty year old man of working age with kids is at higher risk from the vaccine than Covid itself, if big pharma are asking for a disclaimer then they don’t trust it themselves.

It’s not fair to say that at all. You just made it up

D

Deleted member 21259

Big pharma may not be asking for a disclaimer. The disclaimer thing is just what I would do. Having said this I am small engineering company ;)

D

Deleted member 945

Well when you look at the percentage of thirty/fourty year olds killed entirely by Covid it is a fair thing to say

What is that % then? Also % of people in that age range hospitalised? Also % of people in that age range off work for 2 weeks?

Tangled

Reaction score
Google it for me I’m busy

I don't know why everybody only seems to be worried about dying from this bloody disease. I really don't want it at all.

I don't want to give it to my friends and family, I don't want to be critically ill and I don't want to recover and be ill for months after or have permanent liver, kidney and respiratory problems. It's not just flu.

1606136578740.png

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
What is that % then? Also % of people in that age range hospitalised? Also % of people in that age range off work for 2 weeks?
I cannot see England being much different in terms of your chances of dying with covid? -

Safranfoer

Reaction score
My friend's husband now can't seem to make enough white blood cells. My ironman triathlete friend still can't run 5k and his (admittedly less fit) wife can't put her shoes on without getting out of breath. They all 3 tested positive for covid, and were all fit and well before catching it, and they're in their 40s. None of them came anywhere near dying from the virus.

If we don't vaccinate in sufficient number, our hospitals will have this AND flu to deal with every year.

It's not just about death. But happy days, you're dead wrong to suggest more working age people will die from the vaccine than the covid. Just isn't true. Working age people DO die from covid. In very very small number. How many people on the trials have died of vaccine?

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Quite happy for someone to confirm or refute this.
The woman being interviewed did dwell on the matter.
If healthy working age people get the Oxford vaccine and older/vulnerable people get eg Pfizer, we're all good though, right?

Assuming what you heard was correct.

salarchaser

Reaction score
If healthy working age people get the Oxford vaccine and older/vulnerable people get eg Pfizer, we're all good though, right?

Assuming what you heard was correct.
I think the point being made was that it wont stop the spread of the virus.
If a vaccine stops you getting it, you cant spread it.
If it suppresses the symptoms, youre ok, but not necessarily the people you come in contact with as youll have it and can pass it on.
Will do a bit more digging to verify this

happy days

Reaction score
Not too busy to make up fake news it seems
Not making any news up mate just stating my opinion from what I’ve observed since March is that a healthy 30/40 yo person is more likely to get ill from an un field tested vaccine that it’s own producer won’t underwrite than Covid itself

happy days

Reaction score
I don't know why everybody only seems to be worried about dying from this bloody disease. I really don't want it at all.

I don't want to give it to my friends and family, I don't want to be critically ill and I don't want to recover and be ill for months after or have permanent liver, kidney and respiratory problems. It's not just flu.

View attachment 52969
Well if you get this all singing all dancing vaccine then you won’t get it but don’t try and force it on people that are wary of taking it because that seems to be the theme of your posts