Covid Vaccine... Well would you ??

Andrew B

Reaction score
Many thanks for that - as things stand at the moment, I will be offered the vaccine, hopefully in December, and because I have no other major health issues, I will go ahead. That said, none of us knows what the future holds, do we?

I hope that your compromised system meets with a suitable vaccine soon. Good luck and thanks again.
That’s very true. None of us do know what the future holds.

Walleye

Reaction score
As a relatively healthy person and part of the vast majority who is / was highly unlikely to suffer unduly from CV19 (pretty sure I had it), and with an immune system as strong as an ox, I doubt it very much. Why would I?

However, I would certainly not rule it out in future on the sole condition that Bozza, Mr. Witless Duo, "JVT" :rolleyes: and all of "normal" and Alternative Sage get their shots publicly first, and are then monitored for 6 months thereafter to confirm no change in their (hysterical scaremongering) nature, just to make sure it doesn't make you (even more) bonkers like the last rushed one did.
How many jabs do you have every year for your Africa work? Must be quite a few.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun
How many jabs do you have every year for your Africa work? Must be quite a few.
None.

Not just Africa, lots of wild spaces with properly dodgy things abounding.

My last jab for such a purpose was yellow fever, 7 years ago (just checked the cert.)

But your point is ? (i.e. how is that relevant to the discussion, and my prior post?) :confused:

Walleye

Reaction score
None.

Not just Africa, lots of wild spaces with properly dodgy things abounding.

My last jab for such a purpose was yellow fever, 7 years ago (just checked the cert.)

But your point is ? (i.e. how is that relevant to the discussion, and my prior post?) :confused:
Just thought it was an interesting question given your work abroad where normally there are quite a few jabs needed. I was talking to a colleague about this the other day and we both realised how many jabs we hadn't had that we probably should have given where we travel to.

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
I’d take it.
I feel the expertise, testing and dire requirements to stop this pandemic, is enough for me
Listening to a chap high up in the virology industry on the Radio, about the false stories going around that they administer Covid virus into you is wrong. They only take a portion of the outer “shell” of the virus and build on that.
Enough to kick start your own antibodies to attack any real time virus you may be unlucky to come into contact with.

Now how good it is at defeating the virus I suspect is down to the person with regard to his health at that time.
One vaccine is particularly effective when used in the older members of the population and yes that’s me and I’ll gladly take it.

Jim Elie

Reaction score
Mann’s Mountain, New Brunswick in salmon season
Firstly , Im in No way an ant vax person.

Im just bit concerned regarding this new Covid vaccine, that sees a new one from 2 or 3 different suppiers now.

What Im finding strange, in normal vaccine research and then the final outcome, takes years and years, till we start pocking it into us on mass. Yes we've had the human ginny pig experiments going on a few years prior, predominetly in poorer states. But here we Covid, announced on mass to the world last Jan. Feb.

And now in less then a year, we got a vaccine, and we gonna start mass jabbing soon as.

I myself, and I consider myself in the danger zone of this virus, with not having lived the most healthy of lives, and lungs not in best. conditions, am very skeptical in taking this vaccine.

I also worry to the consequences, should I or anyone rufuse it. ( I see our passports needing a virus approval Vaccine stamp being necessary before Visa to many places ). Anaway, that not the issue at this moment. Im scared as I dont trust this 100%. It just seams so out of place with any vaccine in history. From a time space normally in the years before success, and NOW suddenly we producing this in a matter of months.

Bottom line, I wont be clambering to the front of the que. Will I take it ???????. mmmmmm. (. don't know what to do ??? )
Absolutely I will and I hope anti vaxers will reconsider so that this contagion will end and we can travel and fish again.
Regards from the Restigouche...Jim

Attachments

• 9265D6A9-D1FD-41E3-8B03-9DFC23304411.jpeg
    9265D6A9-D1FD-41E3-8B03-9DFC23304411.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 15

Tangled

Reaction score
Now we have 3 different vaccines I wonder if we get to choose?

mows

Reaction score
Im sure you will.
Do you want the one with the biggest bung factor or don't you want the vaccine.
Though it might be a case of, "we can only get this vaccine this year" take it or leave it.
Now we have 3 different vaccines I wonder if we get to choose?

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun
Just thought it was an interesting question given your work abroad where normally there are quite a few jabs needed. I was talking to a colleague about this the other day and we both realised how many jabs we hadn't had that we probably should have given where we travel to.
Aha, sorry, I thought you may have painted me an "anti-vaxxer" :D:):D:)

You're right, things have changed a lot over the decades. Previously it was regular cholera, tetanus (annual), YF every 10 years... Now its much more light touch and many are not really required - YF valid a lifetime now. Healthy immune system, sunlight and natural wild food does wonders. Have also done ok avoiding dodgy synchems with grim side effects like Larium, for some reason I must be immune to malaria so don't take owt, and haven't since the turn of the nineties.

Only thing that scares me witless here is ebola virus, but in reality the only ebola here is really good (it means "bush meat")

I'm just careful about what goes into my body mind, won't be forced (even by the backdoor of needing a Chinese-totalitarian stylee "Reise Pass" to travel anywhere) to take a hastily concocted vaccine (unless they demonstrate to me that it really is Placebo, in which case will just be angry at the cost and BigPharma profits), given what happened after the last nasty coronavirus came here and was vaccinated for in a rush...

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Yes, I think I will. It seems that the vaccine is basically the "virus less a bit". I am probably going to come across the real virus anyway (may have already) so get the shots and the paperwork to mean that life should then be fairly normal - work, going out to busy places such as the theatre, travel abroad. I can absolutely see that some countries will ask for a certificate of vaccination before they will allow you to enter.

Oscar

Reaction score
No problem at all. If you ever want to look at it you do not need to give up finger prick blood testing. The thing is so good though that after you get used to it you csn cut down your finger prick tests to once per day just to calibrate the system. You get a glucose level reading updated every 5 minutes on your phone or smartwatch or both and you can set your own high and low glucose alarms. This is really useful for the 3.00am hypos that plague a lot of type 1's and used to plague me a hell of a lot. Also good in rain or rivers when wet hands make testing a bloody nuisance.

For the same reason as PP and Elibank - Type 1 diabetic (although a bit younger than Elibank!) - I would, yes, like a shot. Fed up of not being able to go out for a bevvie, or see my old man (70 a few weeks ago) and my Grandma (100 a month ago) or the rest of the family on the Isle of Man (which is Covid free and borders effectively shut).

Oscar.

D

Deleted member 21259

Why wouldn’t they?

Naaahhhhh don't give it to them give it to me and 450,000 people in Britain who currently share my condition. If and when we get Covid we are 3.5x more likely not to survive it. If you want people to give it to then give it to us. Give it to the 5.5 million type 2 diabetics who are also at enhanced risk. Give it to the millions of asthmatics. It might be good to start with my 32 year old nephew who has effectively barricaded himself onto his house since March and flatly refuses to go out as he feels that as an asthmatic contracting Covid might kill him. On the back of all of this too when someone who has refused to have the vaccine if they present themselves at hospital with Covid symptoms and pneumonia should the doctors who are begging and pleading with us to have the vaccine as soon as it becomes available treat the flat earth types who refuse the vaccine or just let them choke from lack of oxygen as their lungs give up? Of course the doctors will break their backs to save them it is what our doctors do every day of their lives. Perhaps this is why I would never make a very good doctor because frankly I would refuse to treat any and all of the buffoons who refuse to be vaccinated.

salmo76

Reaction score
Not an anti vaxer by any means but I won`t be in any rush to get a vaccine that, as far as I can see, has been rushed through the testing and trial period. Do I trust every assurance uttered by big pharma and the governments - nope , afraid not. Plenty of instances over the years of government and the scientific community getting things wrong due to unforeseen consequences , human error , despite assurances to the contrary.

I am particularly wary of the one developed by Phizer which appears to be a new vaccine technology that works by permanently altering the make up of human cells I believe and it is so volatile / unstable that it has to be stored at -80 deg C right up to the moment of injection , afraid that sets off alarm bells in my head. The Oxford one sounds like a more conventional vaccine , however I will wait a while before even considering it.

Tangled

Reaction score
Not an anti vaxer by any means but I won`t be in any rush to get a vaccine that, as far as I can see, has been rushed through the testing and trial period. Do I trust every assurance uttered by big pharma and the governments - nope , afraid not. Plenty of instances over the years of government and the scientific community getting things wrong due to unforeseen consequences , human error , despite assurances to the contrary.

It gone through all the same stages of testing as any vaccine. It's been fast because it was pre-paid and pre-manufactured and the delays introduced by applications for funding between each stage were removed.
I am particularly wary of the one developed by Phizer which appears to be a new vaccine technology that works by permanently altering the make up of human cells I believe and it is so volatile / unstable that it has to be stored at -80 deg C right up to the moment of injection , afraid that sets off alarm bells in my head. The Oxford one sounds like a more conventional vaccine , however I will wait a while before even considering it.

It does NOT change human cells permanently or otherwise.

It is NOT injected at -80C. It's injected at the normal temperature of a vaccine.