Covid Vaccine... Well would you ??

scotsmac1

Reaction score
Firstly , Im in No way an ant vax person.

Im just bit concerned regarding this new Covid vaccine, that sees a new one from 2 or 3 different suppiers now.

What Im finding strange, in normal vaccine research and then the final outcome, takes years and years, till we start pocking it into us on mass. Yes we've had the human ginny pig experiments going on a few years prior, predominetly in poorer states. But here we Covid, announced on mass to the world last Jan. Feb.

And now in less then a year, we got a vaccine, and we gonna start mass jabbing soon as.

I myself, and I consider myself in the danger zone of this virus, with not having lived the most healthy of lives, and lungs not in best. conditions, am very skeptical in taking this vaccine.

I also worry to the consequences, should I or anyone rufuse it. ( I see our passports needing a virus approval Vaccine stamp being necessary before Visa to many places ). Anaway, that not the issue at this moment. Im scared as I dont trust this 100%. It just seams so out of place with any vaccine in history. From a time space normally in the years before success, and NOW suddenly we producing this in a matter of months.

Bottom line, I wont be clambering to the front of the que. Will I take it ???????. mmmmmm. (. don't know what to do ??? )

Rrrr

Reaction score
Yep,ive got asthma so dont want to take any chances.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun
As a relatively healthy person and part of the vast majority who is / was highly unlikely to suffer unduly from CV19 (pretty sure I had it), and with an immune system as strong as an ox, I doubt it very much. Why would I?

However, I would certainly not rule it out in future on the sole condition that Bozza, Mr. Witless Duo, "JVT" :rolleyes: and all of "normal" and Alternative Sage get their shots publicly first, and are then monitored for 6 months thereafter to confirm no change in their (hysterical scaremongering) nature, just to make sure it doesn't make you (even more) bonkers like the last rushed one did.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind having an antibody test before the vaccine as if ive had it and not known then that may change things.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Andrew B

Reaction score
I’ve just had my first ever flu jab yesterday after getting flu last year and the year before which knocked me for six.
What I’m not sure about is not doubting the vaccine but more what’s being said after having the vaccine as it doesn’t sound like they want to let up on masks and lockdowns.

D

Deleted member 21259

Yes, as a 70 year old, Type 1 Diabetic, I’d be an idiot to ignore it

How do you monitor your glucose? I put a thread up last year about Xdrip+ and Freestyle Libre. It has come on significantly since I put the post up. If you wanna know more about it let me know. It is a fantastic system and you can set up for a one off payment of £175.00. The phone app is free and you can get the sensors on the NHS although I pay for mine by choice for reasons I will explain to you if you are interested in the system as a whole.

Andrew B

Reaction score
It ordinarily takes years for lots of reasons. Securing rounds of funding being one of them. This effort shows what happens when logistical barriers are removed.
Very true. Jake Tapper on CNN who to be honest is one of the better journalists on there at grilling both sides. Actually said the same thing about how incredible it is that we have a vaccine so fast.

Tangled

Reaction score
Like a shot (whoops...)

We can wipe this damn thing out if enough people have the jab.

lefthandup

Reaction score
Give me the needle and I'll do it myself.

I'm so f#####g bored with all this now...
Can't go anywhere or do anything...gies that pin.

Elibank

Reaction score
How do you monitor your glucose? I put a thread up last year about Xdrip+ and Freestyle Libre. It has come on significantly since I put the post up. If you wanna know more about it let me know. It is a fantastic system and you can set up for a one off payment of £175.00. The phone app is free and you can get the sensors on the NHS although I pay for mine by choice for reasons I will explain to you if you are interested in the system as a whole.
I test 5/6 times daily with the Tee 2 strips, appreciate your offer, but after three abortive attempts to move me onto “new” products by the NHS, I think I’ll stick with it for now - I’ve screenshotted and kept your email in a file named ironically “Hypo”, and if anything changes I’ll give you a shout.

Thanks again

Tangled

Reaction score
Very true. Jake Tapper on CNN who to be honest is one of the better journalists on there at grilling both sides. Actually said the same thing about how incredible it is that we have a vaccine so fast.

The chap from AstraZeneca was on the radio explaining why this was so fast in comparison. There are several reason, the obvious one being that they manufactured the stuff before they knew it was even viable let alone safe. They took the manufacturing risk.

But rather prosaically the main reason was that applications for funding for each stage of the development and trials normally takes multiple years to get it all together, with years of delay between testing cycles were no progress is made. With the emergency everything was parallel tracked and fully funded up front. He reckons that the entire process is the same as the 10 year version with no corner cutting, just that all the bureaucracy was taken out of it.

D

Deleted member 21259

I test 5/6 times daily with the Tee 2 strips, appreciate your offer, but after three abortive attempts to move me onto “new” products by the NHS, I think I’ll stick with it for now - I’ve screenshotted and kept your email in a file named ironically “Hypo”, and if anything changes I’ll give you a shout.

Thanks again

No problem at all. If you ever want to look at it you do not need to give up finger prick blood testing. The thing is so good though that after you get used to it you csn cut down your finger prick tests to once per day just to calibrate the system. You get a glucose level reading updated every 5 minutes on your phone or smartwatch or both and you can set your own high and low glucose alarms. This is really useful for the 3.00am hypos that plague a lot of type 1's and used to plague me a hell of a lot. Also good in rain or rivers when wet hands make testing a bloody nuisance.

Slaneysider

Reaction score
I won't take it anyway, and I'd hate to see any young children given the vaccine, there could be side affects, there have been a few court cases in Ireland recently over the swine flu vaccine, a few young people have settled their cases without the admission of liability by the big pharmas, narcolepsy being the main side affect.

sneakypeter

Reaction score
I would have the vaccine, hope we get a badge or similar saying Covid free zone or the like, so that all those still wearing their masks, get the picture. having the jab must mean no masks, would be pointless to wear one!

Inisisle

Reaction score
Yes, as a 70 year old, Type 1 Diabetic, I’d be an idiot to ignore it
Elibank, you're vulnerable on two counts and perhaps you MAY be given advice NOT to have the vaccine.
I am over 70 also.
My immune system is compromised - rheumatoid arthritis.
I take a high dose of Methotrexate, an immuno-suppressant.
I also get an infusion every eight weeks of Remicade, another immuno-suppressant.

I would love to get the vaccine.

But I have been hearing recently that current vaccines are not presently recommended for people like me who are immuno-suppressed.

scotsmac1

Reaction score
Appreciate, good answers to help my decision making, and great answer on explaining the speed of the results.
Yup, I think Ill not be refusing anything. Bring it on, me think, and hopefully we can move on.
Cant do another year of wangling and stressing over missed fishng and roll over till next year.
It's roll up the sleeve, and get the plans into action.

Elibank

Reaction score
Elibank, you're vulnerable on two counts and perhaps you MAY be given advice NOT to have the vaccine.
I am over 70 also.
My immune system is compromised - rheumatoid arthritis.
I take a high dose of Methotrexate, an immuno-suppressant.
I also get an infusion every eight weeks of Remicade, another immuno-suppressant.

I would love to get the vaccine.

But I have been hearing recently that current vaccines are not presently recommended for people like me who are immuno-suppressed.
Many thanks for that - as things stand at the moment, I will be offered the vaccine, hopefully in December, and because I have no other major health issues, I will go ahead. That said, none of us knows what the future holds, do we?

I hope that your compromised system meets with a suitable vaccine soon. Good luck and thanks again.