Covid Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterchilton

Reaction score
To be fair, none of that explains the constant baiting villification and ganging up on said chap, nor the need to drag it down to the gutter. I have never liked watching lions (;) not in this case, eh) in a feeding frenzy, whether the old antelope deserves it or not...

Aye, or Lockdown... I find it bizzare that many more than 40k die a day in India normally, but all of a sudden those few thou dying with CV19 are suddenly ultra newsworthy.

Meanwhile, here's an interesting graph of India showing the mass efficacy of muzzling the millions (or more importantly the weakness of the presses propoganda)...

"You may have seen that India is having a very difficult time with the virus right now, with thousands of deaths per day.

The scientists I respect on this are the ones who admit that it's a puzzle to account for it.

The scientists I do not respect are the ones who claim it's because of bad behavior.

Please.

Who can still believe this nonsense?

Last week Dr. Fauci was asked why completely open Texas was doing so much better than Michigan, which has had ludicrous restrictions from the beginning.

His answer:

What matters aren't mandates but behavior, and people in Texas are behaving better than people in Michigan.

This is seriously what he's reduced to.

This after we were warned of a "superspreader" event caused by a Texas Rangers game. As I'm sure you knew without having to check, no "superspreader" occurred.

Now back to India:

Whatever the explanation is for what's happening in India, we cannot allow the crazies to exploit that unfortunate country as a case for lockdowns.

First, let's note something about the United States. Here's a graph of COVID hospitalizations in various states, graphed according to the lockdown stringency of each state. Notice that there is no connection at all, and that what connection does seem to exist runs in the other direction:

Now here is India's stringency. As you can see, it has been quite high throughout:

And here is the public health establishment around the world assuring us that masks were keeping the numbers down in India:
View attachment 60464
"

source here I make no comment on it's accuracy or otherwise, just there for free thinkers to think...

Of course to be able to produce a useful graph or even useful data at all you must have researched all the angles?

According to Shekhar Kirani, Founding Member ACT Grant and Partner Accel Ventures said, "While India has steadily moved towards unlocking, battling the pandemic needs a unified effort by the authorities at one level and citizens at another level to help control the spread. There is global evidence that face masks help in the slow down of COVID-19 spread. In India, our survey findings have revealed that while there is a high level of awareness around wearing a mask, the compliance is very low or flawed."

More here - https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-compliance/articleshow/78315069.cms?from=mdr

fixedspool

Reaction score
India's lockdown didn't work for a number of reasons. They locked down too early, released too soon, when cases were still rising, had nowhere near enough people on the ground to enforce the lockdown and worst of all, held the migrant workers without income in covid-stricken cities for a couple of months then, unsure what else to do, sent them all home in a reverse migration, back to rural areas. It was effectively a mass virus-seeding strategy.

The average size of a household in India is twice that of the UK - and we know household transmission is the most direct route - and disease is so stigmatized over there, as a lower caste problem, that many people avoided getting tested completely. Including doctors. At the start of the pandemic, those that tested positive were ostracised and ridiculed by their neighbours, and so those very ill from the disease did not seek help and infection ran through homes.

You're not comparing apples and apples, when you look at their culture and lockdown.
So now your an authority on Indian politics, and its daily life in all its complexities. Why not go over their and give them some of your undoubted knowledge!! Thousands die in India every day with associated cremations all the time. Fact is the face mask wearing is slowly being revealed for what it is. A mostly useless exercise with the mask itself an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. Its been clearly shown that areas not wearing masks have fared no worse than those that are,
Many of you are so bloody naive. You watch the TV and believe all you see, listen to the radio and believe all you hear, You read the nation press and believe that too. Your being told what they want you to believe and you don't want to question it. Those that do are demonised and ridiculed because you can't be bothered to do some research. Sheepies. WAKE UP. How many more times:censored:

fixedspool

Reaction score

Bonito

Reaction score
You know I'm slowly coming to the same conclusion. Though in your case ignorance is bliss it seems. Your choice -hope its the right one. ;) ;)
To be honest with your continued ignorant attitude and being rude to anybody that does not hold your view, calling people stupid or sheep or whatever, you would have bother convincing me the sun rises in the east.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
So now your an authority on Indian politics, and its daily life in all its complexities. Why not go over their and give them some of your undoubted knowledge!! Thousands die in India every day with associated cremations all the time. Fact is the face mask wearing is slowly being revealed for what it is. A mostly useless exercise with the mask itself an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. Its been clearly shown that areas not wearing masks have fared no worse than those that are,
Many of you are so bloody naive. You watch the TV and believe all you see, listen to the radio and believe all you hear, You read the nation press and believe that too. Your being told what they want you to believe and you don't want to question it. Those that do are demonised and ridiculed because you can't be bothered to do some research. Sheepies. WAKE UP. How many more times:censored:
I've written landscape reports for my second largest client on the situations in both India AND Brazil, to give recommendations on the timings of planned product launches. So not an expert - but you have to remember what I do for a living. It involves coming at things from a consumer perspective - the experiences of the man and the woman on the ground - and that's what's missing in many of the charts that seeking shares. Data without context is meaningless. The success of my client's products are in part dependent on migrant labour being available.

Last edited:

peterchilton

Reaction score
Glynda Alves. the Indian Economic Times. you cannot be serious!!!

Good luck with that one Bonito Bound to be effective cos they told you so!!!
At least they live in India as you pointed out to Safranfoer, to comment on the Indian situation you should live in India like you and Seeking ;)

Hoddom

Reaction score
What proportion of deaths are recorded in India? 79% of deaths do not have a recorded cause of death (Lancet Vol 396 September 5, 2020). The registration of deaths is low - 11 states record less than 80% of deaths, some less then 50% and one less than 30%. (censusindia.gov.in)

The suggestion that a few graphs captures what is happening in India is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.