Covid Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
Most of us welcome a vaccine from Pfizer or AstraZeneca but I’m starting to think a dose of Canesten Combi might be helpful for a certain member 🤪

westie4566

Reaction score
Ahh So far but wait for it - coming to a centre near you sooner rather than later. o_O

Felt like I was slightly 'hungover' for the first few hours yesterday morning and my temp was up 0.8 of a degree from normal (but I do naturally run cold to the norm anyway, lol). Paracetamol taken and absolutely fine by the back the back of lunchtime (y)
Hey, luck of the draw seems to be the name of the game.

My neighbour was two behind me in the queue for our jabs the other night. Which was quite fine as it gave us both someone to blether with during our 15 minute post jab wait.

I knew he was off work yesterday for Easter Monday but the fact his jeep was still parked behind my car this morning sparked concerns.

Saw his wife this evening, poor Derek has had a rotten time of it post jab. He was feeling grim by bedtime on Sunday and still struggling this evening. Apparently he now hates me :p

fixedspool

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger Fixedspool but everyone here thinks you're a w*****r.
Well that's your opinion Pol Angler however perhaps you might reflect that your outbursts in the past on this forum may lead others, myself included , to suggest that you yourself are more deserving of that title.
I never came on her to change peoples minds rather to suggest that they might just consider another point of view and wake up a little. Now of course that other point of view is harder to find as most of the media outlets have closed ranks, banned anything that does not follow the Governments line and called them all conspiracy theorist. Have you not paused to wonder why that is. Now we have the current concerns about the Oxford vaccine, minor though it may be though not of course to the person suffering the blood clot. There may be other issues -we don't know and neither do The Whittey's and Vallance's of this world either.
Who would you believe. An upstanding doctor with 20 years experience who has followed medical treatment faithfully according to the book and never questioned it. Mindful of his bars or silver, his job and his pension he sticks to the accepted code. . OR an equally qualified doctor who has done much the same but on a particular issue decides all does not seem right and does some digging. He comes to the conclusion that in his opinion all is not as it should be and having a conscience decides to speak of his concerns despite the fact his world might cave in around him and he loses everything in the process much to the delight of fellow Doctors as has been shown only too clearly on here.
I suspect at the moment many have that niggling doubt in the back of their mind as to whether or not they have done the right thing by having the jab . Was I pushed before I was really ready to jump and so on. I don't know. I have not had it and don't have those concerns. If I am wrong then so be it- my choice which I hope is an informed one at least not just a leap in the dark.
Even now having had two doses of the vaccine you are told to still wear masks, still keep social distance, still don't hug your grandchildren etc. etc.
Doesn't seem that effective to me -does it you, even if you believe the stats which say your illness would be less severe if you still do catch it.
Its a leap of faith as i suggested which many of you have made and only time will tell if there are any other issues in the pipeline. I hope not. for your sake's Pretty sure something else will do for me before Covid does but hey that's life -or is it death it's all the same in the end. Don't be a clot though!!!!!

peterchilton

Reaction score
By saying all this you judge those that don't follow your line of thinking as people who can't think for themselves when often they already have and you choose to polarise views as either this or that when really those that have thought about it and seen a lot of the evidence and rhetoric one way or the other will have less polarised views.
Still wearing masks, social distancing etc is just a precaution and yes the politicians may be slow to bring in the change but they are wary (maybe over wary) of what is happening in Europe and don't want another wave brought on by relaxing too soon.
Has anyone counted in the numbers of people with 'long covid' yet? Between 300k and 1 million i believe that will not die but maybe never recover?
Getting back to fishing, didn't Carrowmore mean fresh spring salmon when he spoke of 'bars of silver'?

Rrrr

Reaction score
By saying all this you judge those that don't follow your line of thinking as people who can't think for themselves when often they already have and you choose to polarise views as either this or that when really those that have thought about it and seen a lot of the evidence and rhetoric one way or the other will have less polarised views.
Still wearing masks, social distancing etc is just a precaution and yes the politicians may be slow to bring in the change but they are wary (maybe over wary) of what is happening in Europe and don't want another wave brought on by relaxing too soon.
Has anyone counted in the numbers of people with 'long covid' yet? Between 300k and 1 million i believe that will not die but maybe never recover?
Getting back to fishing, didn't Carrowmore mean fresh spring salmon when he spoke of 'bars of silver'?
My friend has a bad case of long covid and to be honest it sounds awefull. Speach has gone and still has brain fog and a lack of taste and smell since november. Hes having to start speech therapy and learn to talk again as its damaged something in the vocal chord muscles.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

fixedspool

Reaction score
I don't judge anyone. Each to his own at the end of the day. You have made your own mind up it appears however it now seems Wales is starting injecting a new Moderna vaccine, said to be even more 'effective, than the other two Perhaps you should have waited before jumping in so enthusiastically?? There are no certainties in any of this and today we hear that painkillers should not be used to help pain where the cause is not known. Try exercise or acupuncture for gods sake. I have a really painful leg, - just of to run a mini marathon!! Could be the answer.
The trail of 300 children being given the vaccine has just been halted due to the concerns re clots. What sort of parent would submit their kids as experimental guinea pigs to this exercise.
As for Carrowmore and his bars of silver,. Heaven only knows what he meant, i doubt he does himself frankly but as always follow the money and never so true in respect of the big Pharma companies. 15 million doses of the Moderna vaccine ordered at the moment. Watch them clamour for the new improved version.

salarchaser

Reaction score
I don't judge anyone.

As for Carrowmore and his bars of silver,. Heaven only knows what he meant, i doubt he does himself frankly
A strange combination of statements.

After saying you don't judge anyone, a few sentences on, there you are, judging someone.

Who knows what you meant? Maybe you dont know yourself. 🤔

fixedspool

Reaction score
A strange combination of statements.

After saying you don't judge anyone, a few sentences on, there you are, judging someone.

Who knows what you meant? Maybe you dont know yourself. 🤔
Oh I know what I mean't alright. But thanks for taking the time in your day to go to the trouble of such a pointless point scoring way.
Suppose you have nothing better to do. Condolences!!!!! :poop:
Off now to seek a silver bar of one sort or another -don't really care which.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Oh I know what I mean't alright. But thanks for taking the time in your day to go to the trouble of such a pointless point scoring way.
Suppose you have nothing better to do. Condolences!!!!! :poop:
Off now to seek a silver bar of one sort or another -don't really care which.
At least simeone does.
Not point scoring, just highlighting hypocrisy, or irony. Take your pick.

Another judgement of someone you know little about and have never met.

No need for condolences, none needed. As I said, you know little if anything about me. I have a full and rewarding life thanks. Plenty of constructive stuff to fill my waking hours.

Glad you have some silver of some sort to occupy your time.

Beefly Dave

Reaction score
It was always going to be a rolling programme of vaccines, involving repeat injections, until we have a lid on transmission and only need to vaccinate the vulnerable. I don't think anyone expected two shots and cover for life.
Really? I suspect that's exactly what a lot of folk who haven't been paying huge attention to the detail might have assumed.

I think this it's the suspicion that a large chunk of the population might well not bother with boosters that's fuelling the new found pessimism of ministers and scientists. Not too hard to imagine the springing up of a narrative of the first pair of jabs having been useless should their effectiveness diminish fairly quickly. Loss of faith on the part of the public is a far greater worry than variants, I suspect.

tenet

Reaction score
Whatever the pros and cons I am very pleased to have had my 2nd AZ jab this morning. As an observation the incidence of death from the vaccine is less than 1 in 2,500,000 - about the same chance of Fixed spool catching a bar of silver from the Wye.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
Beginning to feel lonely with your daft conspiracy ideas? Whoever gets a vaccine on here, it`s none of your business.
LOL, aye right. Them as crow about it, sure... No ones business is it?

Glad I'm not an under 50 year old woman (i.e. next to FA risk of getting dying or getting seriously ill with CV19) having had a rushed jab and bricking it given recent developments...

What's that about "unintended consequences" of haste?

You want a jab, read up work it out and if you still want, then get a jab. Just don't demonise them with a different nouse.

Rennie

Reaction score
Interesting stuff for you here. My mums 90, took her for her 2nd injection last week.Now don't ask me why, but many pensioners are it seems having the 1st injection in one arm, then the second in the other. As did my mum last week, it's an OAP fashion statement I'm told!.
Any way, yesterday her original injected arm started aching and nipping and after a slight stroke a year back, mum got concerned and rang the Doc's. The lady Doc got straight back to her in minutes and asked all about it.Now it seems if you've not had covid and suffered any symptoms on your 1st injection, when you have the second injection in your other arm, it begins to fight the slight dose of covid the 1st injection gives you and you get an achy arm, mum had Astra Zen. dose's and right enough got achy arm itus.
Doc. tells her its fine, often to be expected and will gradually fade over time etc. etc., but monitor things and get back to them if the symptoms persist.
Mums happy at that, means she could still go to Rugby practise ,she'd be gutted if she couldn't go and get a game of touch n pass every week.

Ha!, only joking, she go's weight lifting training!.

Pedro.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
LOL, aye right. Them as crow about it, sure... No ones business is it?

Glad I'm not an under 50 year old woman (i.e. next to FA risk of getting dying or getting seriously ill with CV19) having had a rushed jab and bricking it given recent developments...

What's that about "unintended consequences" of haste?

You want a jab, read up work it out and if you still want, then get a jab. Just don't demonise them with a different nouse.
I'm a 42 year old woman. I've spent large portions of my life on birth control methods with a FAR higher chance of a blood clot than this vaccine - 1 in 1,000 risk of a clot with a 1 in 100,000 fatal embolism rate - and I've taken that risk, variously, once a day every day, once a day for 21 days a month and once every 3 months, for at least two decades. I didn't need to take the pill. My partners could have taken ownership of contraception (any men stressing about these clots needs to get their partners off the pill). It's a choice. That MANY women make, eyes wide open. So the under 50 year old women I know are not bricking it, or even talking about it. Women on HRT have a 58% higher chance of a blood clot. We women of all ages are well used to medicines with clot risks - and we know that one of the biggest risks of catching a non-fatal dose of covid for us is, also, blood clots. There's a higher chance of us catching covid right now and getting a clot, than dying of a vaccine clot.

The only chatter I've seen is women worried they won't get the second dose because it's delisted in the meantime, leading to sliding back down the covid snake to the start, requiring re-vaccinating.

Last edited:

salmonless

Reaction score
Guess Im one of the unlucky ones. Had my AZ jab a week past monday, felt like crap, really knackered and flu like for 2 days. Third day back to almost normal. Today 10 days later feeling crap again and fatigued. Seems to happen in waves. Missus was the same, shes a week ahead of me. YMMV

I definitely havnt had CV19

tenet

Reaction score
I'm a 42 year old woman. I've spent large portions of my life on birth control methods with a FAR higher chance of a blood clot than this vaccine - 1 in 1,000 risk of a clot with a 1 in 100,000 fatal embolism rate - and I've taken that risk, variously, once a day every day, once a day for 21 days a month and once every 3 months, for at least two decades. I didn't need to take the pill. My partners could have taken ownership of contraception (any men stressing about these clots needs to get their partners off the pill). It's a choice. That MANY women make, eyes wide open. So the under 50 year old women I know are not bricking it, or even talking about it. Women on HRT have a 58% higher chance of a blood clot. We women of all ages are well used to medicines with clot risks - and we know that one of the biggest risks of catching a non-fatal dose of covid for us is, also, blood clots. There's a higher chance of us catching covid right now and getting a clot, than dying of a vaccine clot.

The only chatter I've seen is women worried they won't get the second dose because it's delisted in the meantime, leading to sliding back down the covid snake to the start, requiring re-vaccinating.
There was some professor on this morning's rolling bbc news talking about the small (very) number of cases of blood clots amongst folk taking the AZ jab. He postulated that the majority affected were mainly young women and that there could be a connection between the "pill" and the jab. Notwithstanding, the instance is very very low and he said if your offered the jab then take it.

wilkinson shrimp

Reaction score
I've had my first jab.
I heard a rumor that the folk taking a bit ill after the jab are folk that have already had covid. Speaking to people it seems to hold some weight.
I had my jab was really unwell for three days couldn't eat or stop shaking I have not had covid just as well if that is the result of a tiny exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.