Covid Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rennie

Reaction score
Well, got my date from the vets yesterday, next thurs. and they'll be sharpening the needle with a rasp for me. Also booked my second stage of the process right down to the hour at the same time.
Now I'll be honest, didn't know what to think about it at all, so much mis- information out there and I just plain do not trust any one in power.I was not going to have it, but after it's all had chance to sink in I'm off next week like a good little prole wot I am to get punctured.
She who must be obeyed gets her's today (she is a year younger too, bloody cheek of the gal!).Rumour reaches me, one dosen't even get a Hob Nob and a pot of Tea after, god's teeth standards have dropped!
Any way promise not to cry, wife says if I behave- can have a new spool of Seaguar on the way home as a treat.
Regards, Pin Cushion Pedro.

Rrrr

Reaction score
My parents had theirs a few weeks back. No hassle or dramas. My dad had a sore arm for a day or 2 and my mother had nothing at all.
Was speaking to a customer whos wife had a raging fever for 24 hours or so but thats the worst ive heard.
I also wonder if the ones that get a fever etc are the same people who would be badly affected by the virus. No idea if thats the case but i was thinking about it the other day.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hoddom

Reaction score
Have a look at the Coronovirus thread. info and pictures about the process there.
if you want to know anything about the process etc PM me.
no hon nobs but you can have a sticker.

tenet

Reaction score
Just watching on news about low take up of the vaccine amongst some of the BAME community and how mis information is rife. Well all I can say is that on every news broadcast, every newspaper, every elder of various communities and now even the Queen are saying GET THE JAB. 18,000,00 and rising surely can't be wrong. Why even our own Rennie admits he had doubts. What am I missing?
For the avoidance of doubt had mine 4 weeks ago without any problems or side effects.

budge

Reaction score
Had mine Monday, felt like crap for two days, flu like symptoms then right as rain since yesterday. Arm still a bit sore but otherwise fine. Had Oxford one, wife had the other one and was OK.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

westie4566

Reaction score
Sorry, couldn't resist!! 😂

vacc.jpg

mcminnow

Reaction score
Had my jab four weeks ago and no side effects at all except for a slightly tender upper arm which only lasted 24 hours. Jab 2 in April.

Birkin

Reaction score
Had first jab and should get sectioned before the end of April. Apart from a sore arm for a few day no other problems.
Go on you know you want it.

K MacC

Reaction score
I had mine two weeks ago, felt a bit tired and ache for two day's been great since then. By mid May I will be fully vaccinated, happy days!

Bonito

Reaction score
Had it two weeks back, not the slightest ill effects, never even felt the jab. The fools preaching how it`s a hoax etc simply should shut up or be barred from social media. If they don`t want it then don`t get it dead simple. They have no right to try and convince others not to have it.

Last edited:

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
The other half's parents and my mum have both had their first jabs and are on their 12 week wait for the second.

We got them all to register with their local GP that they could come in to get their second jab early at very short notice if they had any cancellations but no contact about this.

I presume they must get cancellations, is the admin etc too much of a hassle to fill those slots with people who could come in at short notice ?

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
I was offered mine for Tuesday gone but I decided that I dont feel I need it, if its still around in a year or so I will have it then. I'm not an anti vaxer I just don't think it's necessary for me.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Got my jab a week past on Wednesday and my mum had hers on Monday. My dad gets his first on Monday coming.

No ill effects felt by either mum or myself thankfully. Hopefully dad will be the same.

Birkin

Reaction score
Watch out for bill Gates micro-chip passing through 🤣🤣
Well if mine has passed through it will be going through the local sewage farm by now. Hope Bill gets enough info to give to United Utilities about the pollution flowing into our rivers.
P S. Cant believe it almost straight after this post and the mention of UU I received a text from UU asking me to make sure my DD was enough to cover the extra water I am likely to use due to being at home more during this pandemic.

Last edited:

Hoddom

Reaction score
The other half's parents and my mum have both had their first jabs and are on their 12 week wait for the second.

We got them all to register with their local GP that they could come in to get their second jab early at very short notice if they had any cancellations but no contact about this.

I presume they must get cancellations, is the admin etc too much of a hassle to fill those slots with people who could come in at short notice ?
We do get cancellations, but very feW. more often no shows, but only about 2%.
people are by and large excited to get it. Timing is precise so filling gaps almost impossible. When you consider our single centre is doing 1000 a day and every one requires a 3 min phone call to make the appointment you can imagine you can’t start phoneing round at the last few hours to try and fill a slot, whilst also lining up the future patients
my tip. Go with your partner, friend, fishing buddy. When you register, ask if they can be done too. They must be in the same Practice. If there has been a shortfall they can sometimes be slotted in. But sometimes only. The supply flow means theres no or very very rarely any left overs. It’s not quite just in time supply management, but not far short

Hemmy

Reaction score
When I got mine I was speaking to one of the boys doing the meet and greet stuff and he told me that at the end of the days members of the local constabulary came down to get the leftovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.