Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
This part is v disingenuous, linking the present day ("well over a year") to a quote from last September threatening "stricter lockdowns".

The United Kingdom has placed its citizens under indefinite confinement. Their “Covid restrictions” have lasted well over a year, and there is no end in sight.

After massive, sustained protests, #UK PM Boris Johnson threatens stricter lockdowns https://t.co/cLeDFqPNJY

— The HighWire (@HighWireTalk) September 22, 2020

If you take it sentence by sentence:
The United Kingdom has placed its citizens under indefinite confinement. It hasn't. There is a fixed end date, and we are out of the stay at home period at the moment.

Their “Covid restrictions” have lasted well over a year, and there is no end in sight. We have been responding to a pandemic by enforcing distance for well over a year, but there is an end in sight. It's clearly marked out. 17 May and then 21 June.

After massive, sustained protests, #UK PM Boris Johnson threatens stricter lockdowns I don't recall massive, sustained protests, but regardless, rhetoric is fine I guess - the link is to an article in The Express. Johnson is urging people to comply with the measures in place to avoid having to introduce more. That's not quite an autocrat threatening the nation as part of the end of the free world. Throughout the pandemic, he has been reluctant to introduce measures.

The truth of the matter around civil liberties probably sits somewhere in the middle of 'nothing to see here...' and 'THIS IS THE END OF THE FREE WORLD!'. Lots of panicking, henny penny, Project Fear 'the sky is falling down' stuff floating about.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
You really seem to have an issue, is it just with Safranfoer or everyone?

Do you need help?
Think I’ve found the problem - transfer between species, same as Covid: Mail or Guardian today, can’t recall brain shrank coming on here ,

“ Few species in the animal kingdom can change the size of their brain. Fewer still can change it back to its original size. Now researchers have found the first insect species with that ability: Indian jumping ants “

Auldghillie

Reaction score
It didn’t have a “good manners” section then?

I enjoyed both jabs thank you...🤣
If, as it appears, Fixed Spool is/ was a policeman he has my sympathy.

Cameron/ Osborne ran police resources down but the CC’s have hardly helped themselves: committing suicide on Snowdon etc. Maybe that’s why women get all the jobs now. I’m told this has caused great resentment. AG

mows

Reaction score
If, as it appears, Fixed Spool is/ was a policeman he has my sympathy.

Cameron/ Osborne ran police resources down but the CC’s have hardly helped themselves: committing suicide on Snowdon etc. Maybe that’s why women get all the jobs now. I’m told this has caused great resentment. AG
That wasnt suicide.
It turns out, that its perfectly normal for police constables, just about to be exposed as serial cheats, to write letters to their family, drive a long distance to snowdon, drink lots of alcohol, take off all their clothes, and accidently die of exposure.

For normal people, it may well have been classed as suicide.

But when there is a lot of money at stake, depending if its suicide or accidental death.
It appeared that for public servants, the default is accidental death.

Lucky the chief constable seemed to know this.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
That wasnt suicide.
It turns out, that its perfectly normal for police constables, just about to be exposed as serial cheats, to write letters to their family, drive a long distance to snowdon, drink lots of alcohol, take off all their clothes, and accidently die of exposure.

For normal people, it may well have been classed as suicide.

But when there is a lot of money at stake, depending if its suicide or accidental death.
It appeared that for public servants, the default is accidental death.

Lucky the chief constable seemed to know this.
What difference would it have made to the public purse if the coroner had recorded suicide?

Safranfoer

Reaction score
He has none of mine, I’m afraid, no one needs to be that rude whatever their position in life. I have several very good friends in the force, none of whom would behave like that.
I agree. I find it quite worrying, to be honest. A former policeman - someone in a position of considerable power - being so determinedly spiteful, verging on stalkerish. People like that shouldn't hold any power over others, so I hope it's an online persona, for kicks.

Bonito

Reaction score
He has none of mine, I’m afraid, no one needs to be that rude whatever their position in life. I have several very good friends in the force, none of whom would behave like that.

Probably attempted his 2 years probation and got chucked out.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I'm not attacking him at all for having a different opinion. I'm attacking him for going out of his way to be spiteful and rude. And I'm not suggesting that his opinions on coronavirus mean he wasn't a good policeman, whatever period of history he lived through (if he was a policeman 50+ years ago, he wasn't policing Hillsborough or the miners strike. Not quite sure why being a policeman during either of the events you mention mean anyone would be more qualified to spot 'guff' when they see it though...). I'm saying that it's worrying that people that go out of their way to be spiteful and rude and unsettlingly stalkerish end up in positions of power.

Separating the player from the ball. It's quite easy. But yes, now I'm very tired of the player and the way he drops my name disparagingly through posts that have nothing at all to do with me, like ****-stained confetti. I've never reported him to any mods for anything he's said to me, or anyone else. It's other people doing that. You know. The ones that value decency and respect and don't defend what is frankly bafflingly childish behaviour. Organ grinder? Monkeys? Dancing? Dear god...

Last edited:

fixedspool

Reaction score
Probably attempted his 2 years probation and got chucked out.
Well wrong again as usual -your making a habit of it. Did fifteen years with just a whistle and a truncheon -never had to use either.
Today, dealing with the scum there is around, thugs, drug dealers, pikies and the rest you need body armour, stab vest, tasses, pepper spray and god know what else. Think on that when you are critical. They are the same as you, doing a job you wouldn't but you would be the first to scream for help. Yes they make mistakes but so does everyone -well except you and a few others of course. Many have no sense of humour any more unless it's their own of course. Incessant verbal hectoring should be unlawful. Spiteful -me???

Jokes about a truncheon are not allowed it just shows you up as a moron.:whistle:

Bonito

Reaction score
Well wrong again as usual -your making a habit of it. Did fifteen years with just a whistle and a truncheon -never had to use either.
Today, dealing with the scum there is around, thugs, drug dealers, pikies and the rest you need body armour, stab vest, tasses, pepper spray and god know what else. Think on that when you are critical. They are the same as you, doing a job you wouldn't but you would be the first to scream for help. Yes they make mistakes but so does everyone -well except you and a few others of course. Many have no sense of humour any more unless it's their own of course. Incessant verbal hectoring should be unlawful. Spiteful -me???

Jokes about a truncheon are not allowed it just shows you up as a moron.:whistle:

Actually I know. Did my probation Glasgow northern division then moved to traffic, round about a similar period you were in. Don`t judge a book etc.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Some of the members that report him message me to let me know. It’s rarely (never?) the people he insults, or even people I speak to on here. Manners and decency shouldn’t be a matter of who you’re friends with. I agree with him on xxx so it’s ok if he speaks that way. I agree with her on yyyy so I’ll report him. Just... let’s be cool to each other.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Some of the members that report him message me to let me know. It’s rarely (never?) the people he insults, or even people I speak to on here. Manners and decency shouldn’t be a matter of who you’re friends with. I agree with him on xxx so it’s ok if he speaks that way. I agree with her on yyyy so I’ll report him. Just... let’s be cool to each other.
Full marks to him for not sneaking around like a few others on here and for speaking his mind - but personal insults a no-no.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Full marks to him for not sneaking around like a few others on here and for speaking his mind - but personal insults a no-no.
Does multiple personas class as sneaking around?

No issue with people speaking their minds as long as you're willing to consider the opinions of others.

"You're wrong" doesnt count in my book.
The clincher then is when asked "so what is right?", you get the answer "well if you dont know, its pointless trying to explain".

Suggests one of two things, ignorance or arrogance.

Hey ho, if it makes him feel good about himself.

There is more to life than WUMery.....

.....for most.

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
I tire of this and am about to delete more.

F9AEC8C1-CFE5-48AC-8E49-F020B195E4DD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

firefly

Reaction score
The urge to indoctrinate people with opposed opinions by calling them stupid, ignorant monkeys and sheep when they won't unconditionally accept their rhetoric for fact, must have a root cause that explains the obvious idiosyncrasies. Asking yourself why you think you're right and therefore the rest is wrong, is a first step into understanding your true motives.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What if I just closed this thread?

Seems to have lost the love the way I read things. Images from WWII concentration camps, name calling, characterizing the members as 'Monkeys & Sheep' yes it appears to be an intellectual exchange of the highest level doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.