Coronavirus

Tangled

Reaction score
Yes of course, the vast majority of folk recover from Covid 19. You're probably well aware of the graphs of recoveries, but that wouldn't suit your agenda, would it? Imho. you're just as bad as the MSM with 'project fear'
my agenda?
I've noted you've never, ever focused on the positives...those that have caught it, been asymptomatic, had it mildly or been rather bad with it but have gone on to a full recovery. Why is that?

are you mad? You want me to look for the upside in a global pandemic?
I'm trying to watch something rather funny on TV. Care to extrapolate you your '10% or so'...(not seen that figure published anywhere, but never mind) into real figures. ie those that have had C19, recovered but have ongoing issues?

I would, can't be arsed as I'm not the one doing project fear.

Estimating the prevalence of long COVID symptoms​

This research strand aims to quantify the prevalence of, and risk factors for, long COVID symptoms following a confirmed or suspected infection. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey is a nationally-representative sample of the UK community population, and data items collected include COVID-19 test results and respondent-reported data on symptoms. To date, we have estimated that:

• Around 1 in 5 respondents testing positive for COVID-19 exhibit symptoms for a period of 5 weeks or longer
  • Around 1 in 10 respondents testing positive for COVID-19 exhibit symptoms for a period of 12 weeks or longer

That's project reality

SOS

Reaction score
And Walleye...there in lies the rub, sadly.

I run a window blind business and we've been deemed non essential.

However, this is where the law is indeed an ass. I have customers with new build properties where security of the property by means of window coverings is deemed essential...but although I can visit an empty property, measure up, quote by phone/email. I have no means of actually meeting said customer to choose what they want. :(

ScotGov are mental. Too focussed on Indyref 2 to actually look at how well things (Covidwise ) are and have been up here. They're just about scoring points over Westminster.

I used to be an SNP supporter. Right now they can do one until such time as they remove that poisonous dwarf and her agenda right out of Holyrood.
You are right the laws are an ass and do not make sense.
You cant meet your clients with ppe and social distancing to discuss a sale/purchase.
But i can pick up a customer in my taxi and sit 2 or 3 feet from them for as long as the journey takes.
The difference is you have clients that you cannot meet.
I can meet my clients but have none because there is F... all open so no one is going out.

How come a parent of 2 kids can send one to school on Monday but has to stay off work to home school the other because they are a year or two apart in ages, are they saying one would be safe but not the other?

As for the coppers stoping people, when nippy first changed the rules/laws there were a few over eager cops wanting to impose their authority,
but they have NO right to stop you and ask you where you have been or going to, as long as you have not broke the law you can tell them to GTF.

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
You are right the laws are an ass and do not make sense.
You cant meet your clients with ppe and social distancing to discuss a sale/purchase.
But i can pick up a customer in my taxi and sit 2 or 3 feet from them for as long as the journey takes.
The difference is you have clients that you cannot meet.
I can meet my clients but have none because there is F... all open so no one is going out.

How come a parent of 2 kids can send one to school on Monday but has to stay off work to home school the other because they are a year or two apart in ages, are they saying one would be safe but not the other?

As for the coppers stoping people, when nippy first changed the rules/laws there were a few over eager cops wanting to impose their authority,
but they have NO right to stop you and ask you where you have been or going to, as long as you have not broke the law you can tell them to GTF.
Never speak to police, they fish more than us.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
He's a data manipulator that's all. You normally scoff at such types as conspiratory theorists. Seeking and his graphs for instance.!
1. I specifically called out the data, not the analysis
2. I posted it with brevity, for consideration - ‘for the pot’ - rather than as part of a narrative to persuade people of any particular view
3. The person who shared the data has not to my knowledge been discredited by his peers. If he had, I wouldn’t have shared it as I check my sources first. People can disagree with him, but not because he has previously aligned himself with conspiracy theories or been called out for bad science/analysis. He’s using the same data pots as seeking.

What did you think of the information, fixedspool?

fixedspool

Reaction score
1. I specifically called out the data, not the analysis
2. I posted it with brevity, for consideration - ‘for the pot’ - rather than as part of a narrative to persuade people of any particular view
3. The person who shared the data has not to my knowledge been discredited by his peers. If he had, I wouldn’t have shared it as I check my sources first. People can disagree with him, but not because he has previously aligned himself with conspiracy theories or been called out for bad science/analysis. He’s using the same data pots as seeking.

What did you think of the information, fixedspool?
Interesting that's all. One persons view. He's from the Guardian though o_O National press and all that.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Yes I know, and the Guardian data blog where he works as a journalist and a news reporter.

So? Does that somehow make him right.
No, it doesn’t make him right. I was just pointing out that it isn’t a Guardian link (he hasn’t written for them for years, and also contributed to the Telegraph).

In much the same way that OneTruthSeekers.biz-style links make some people twitch, Guardian links bring large swathes of this forum out in hives, so we just don’t go there. Guys. It’s ok. You can click. It’s not a Guardian link...

NT8R

Reaction score
I noticed that the BBC Scotland news have stopped showing the table with regional case rates per 100k each day. Is that because they’re getting too low for scaremongering now?

fixedspool

Reaction score
Interesting Info re scotland only atm

A bit selective don't you think.

There are limitations of course. The study only tracked those who were admitted to hospital and whether they had had a vaccine or not.
It didn't count anybody who had died from Covid in a care home, for example. And it didn't look at transmissibility, only the risk of becoming seriously ill.

Tangled

Reaction score

You're backing into a very tight corner now; I can't see much wiggle room left.

It doesn't include English people either, you could try that move... wouldn't recommend it though, we'll get the answer on whether the virus thinks vaccinated Scots are different from vaccinated English later today. Fancy a bet?

peterchilton

Reaction score

There are limitations of course. The study only tracked those who were admitted to hospital and whether they had had a vaccine or not.
It didn't count anybody who had died from Covid in a care home, for example. And it didn't look at transmissibility, only the risk of becoming seriously ill.
yes because thats what they were looking at the effect of the vaccines on serious illness. They didn't count people depending on the colour of their socks either

fixedspool

Reaction score
You're backing into a very tight corner now; I can't see much wiggle room left.

It doesn't include English people either, you could try that move... wouldn't recommend it though, we'll get the answer on whether the virus thinks vaccinated Scots are different from vaccinated English later today. Fancy a bet?
Ah Thought you would soon be on here crowing. They/You think it's all over -not yet it isn't He who laughs last laughs loudest so dream on.
yes because thats what they were looking at the effect of the vaccines on serious illness. They didn't count people depending on the colour of their socks either
They count what will give them the best outcome for their purposes. Cummon -get real.

peterchilton

Reaction score
Ah Thought you would soon be on here crowing. They/You think it's all over -not yet it isn't He who laughs last laughs loudest so dream on.

They count what will give them the best outcome for their purposes. Cummon -get real.
Isn't that the most important thing?

Tangled

Reaction score
Ah Thought you would soon be on here crowing. They/You think it's all over -not yet it isn't
It certainly isn't. I suppose you had to get something right, you're not smart enough to get everything wrong all the time.
He who laughs last laughs loudest so dream on.
Sure does, that's why I'm getting the vaccine, I want to live long enough to laugh.
"They?" Who are they? Public Health Scotland? I think I'm pretty real, why would they lie to us?

Safranfoer

Reaction score
They're literally counting what the vaccine was designed to do: reduce serious illness. It wasn't designed to prevent anyone from catching it, they were very very clear from the start that they didn't know what it does to transmission. The vaccine was designed to reduce serious illness, in order to reduce deaths and hospital admissions - so that's what they're counting.

Last edited:

fixedspool

Reaction score
It certainly isn't. I suppose you had to get something right, you're not smart enough to get everything wrong all the time.

Sure does, that's why I'm getting the vaccine, I want to live long enough to laugh.

"They?" Who are they? Public Health Scotland? I think I'm pretty real, why would they lie to us?
!, Sanctimonious Twit.
2. Perhaps you might - remains to be seen
3. Lie? Why would't they. Everyone else in the Government has.

SOS

Reaction score
The good news.
The vaccines are working,
The old and the most vulnerable are mostly now vaccinated.
Pressure easing on the NHS,
Hospital admissions coming down,
Deaths coming down,
R rate dropping,

The bad news.
They have moved the goalposts and made them smaller,
It is no longer wait for a vaccine or protect the NHS
It is stay indoors, stay shut, and do as you are told.
The tunnel now looks a lot longer and the light looks further away.

bassfly

Reaction score
The good news.
Deaths coming down,
R rate dropping,

The bad news.
So the good news is followed by “they have moved the goalposts”
So THEY are now playing five a side and if we had all “done as we are told” we would still be playing on a full size pitch.
A lot of truth in the last bit as we have all seen and maybe not done as we were advised from day one.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
The good news.
Deaths coming down,
R rate dropping,

The bad news.
They haven't moved the goalposts. They're sticking more closely to their original ones of last year, that they abandoned. This has to be the last lockdown. The vulnerable may well be vaccinated, but the numbers entering hospital are still higher than is ideal - the average age of an ICU patient (60) still isn't in the vaccinated group (indeed, are a way off being the next cohort to be jabbed) - the unfortunate benefit of older people getting it was that they died quite quickly. The current cohort of patients now mercifully live, but slowly. I much prefer this approach of underpromise and over-deliver, than the wild 'it'll be over by Christmas' bluster we saw last year.

That said, I've had enough now. We all have.

fixedspool

Reaction score
They haven't moved the goalposts. They're sticking more closely to their original ones of last year, that they abandoned. This has to be the last lockdown. The vulnerable may well be vaccinated, but the numbers entering hospital are still higher than is ideal - the average age of an ICU patient (60) still isn't in the vaccinated group (indeed, are a way off being the next cohort to be jabbed) - the unfortunate benefit of older people getting it was that they died quite quickly. The current cohort of patients now mercifully live, but slowly. I much prefer this approach of underpromise and over-deliver, than the wild 'it'll be over by Christmas' bluster we saw last year.

That said, I've had enough now. We all have.
Any bets this won't be the last lockdown. I agree though, enough is enough whatever course this 'deadly' virus takes next.