Coronavirus

mows

Reaction score
A bit of a worry , mainly killing those over 60 with , apart from the above , any history of high blood pressure. Also , it is killing twice the number of males than females for some reason. To make matters worse the W.H.O. is saying the death rate for all those infected is around 3.5 % which is around 20 to 30 times the % death rate for flu. Now taking into account that most of those infected are likely younger than 60 and probably 50% of all those infected are female then the chances of fatal consequences for males over 60 must be around 15 to 20% and rising substantially for those with any of the quoted underlying health conditions:eek:

Maybe time to get that will organised me thinks.
Im not sure how the WHO can come up with a death rate of 3.5% since China, Italy and Iran seem to have the most and none of them are known for telling the truth. Its hard for them to lie about deaths, but easy to lie about number of cases. The only 2 reliable sources I can see are the Diamond princess where over 600 were infected and 6 died (the majority infected are probably in the most vulnerable category), or Singapore where 112 have caught it and none died yet.

Still not great.

Cheers

Mows

Rrrr

Reaction score
Im avoiding looking into it but im guessing its not going to be pleasant having it with astmah
Best order my inhalers as i always wait untill they run out and forget to take my steroid preventer so may bump it up just incase.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Perrypokemon

Reaction score
I feel like boiled sh1te this morning. Coughing, boiling hot and shaking like the proverbial sh1tting canine. I honestly do believe it is just a cough and cold and am not prepared to lock myself in the airing cupboard for the next fortnight. There must be loads of people this morning with coughs and common colds wondering what the hell they are meant to do?

Rrrr

Reaction score
I feel like boiled sh1te this morning. Coughing, boiling hot and shaking like the proverbial sh1tting canine. I honestly do believe it is just a cough and cold and am not prepared to lock myself in the airing cupboard for the next fortnight. There must be loads of people this morning with coughs and common colds wondering what the hell they are meant to do?
Me and my dad had an **** kicker of a cold about a month back (guessing it wasnt flu as we had flu jabs) felt worse than other colds ive had and lasted well over a week and my dad was in bed for a few days with it. Maybe you have the same strain.

Paul White

Reaction score
Don't panic if you can't find face masks in the shops, you can make your own !:)

Union Jack mask - YouTube
I am pleased to say that this man is well known in my home city of Bath. He owns the shop which "sells everything" in the Guildhall and is well known for all sorts of funny stunts. He's also a bit of an entrepreneur and made a lot of money by charging people to by-pass some long term(6 months+.) roadworks by putting a temporary lane through one of his fields and charging £1.00 to use it to save a 5 mile detour. Good bloke!!

Perrypokemon

Reaction score
Me and my dad had an **** kicker of a cold about a month back (guessing it wasnt flu as we had flu jabs) felt worse than other colds ive had and lasted well over a week and my dad was in bed for a few days with it. Maybe you have the same strain.

I remember at the time you said you weren't well. You sounded bl00dy awful. I have someone else in my factory this morning with similar symptoms to my own. Hot, coughing loads, aching and feeling thoroughly rotten. They all get full pay when sick but most still turn up for work. I plan to do very little this weekend except loaf around and bang piano keys

Last edited:

happy days

Reaction score
Leadswingers dream ticket, get up Monday hangover too much beak feel awful, might be corona, two weeks self certified payed holiday, can't see anyone from personnel knocking on the door. :)

Oscar

Reaction score
I remember at the time you said you weren't well. You sounded bl00dy awful. I have someone else in my factory this morning with similar symptoms to my own. Hot, coughing loads, aching and feeling thoroughly rotten. They all get full pay when sick but most still turn up for work. I plan to do very little this weekend except loaf around and bang piano keys
Knowing you're diabetic I would probably call 111 and get them to come to your bedside with a test!

As you know I'm also diabetic and although I am never ill with colds and stuff (just never seem to get anything) I am being pretty vigilant.

Oscar.

Perrypokemon

Reaction score
Knowing you're diabetic I would probably call 111 and get them to come to your bedside with a test!

As you know I'm also diabetic and although I am never ill with colds and stuff (just never seem to get anything) I am being pretty vigilant.

Oscar.

If reports I have read are anything to go by you are extremely lucky if they even answer the phone. Maybe a hundred reported cases in a population of 67 million. I am not currently in a position to be able to spend 2 weeks at home. There are a number of people in my factory with heavy colds and coughs. I pay them when they are off sick and still they show extreme loyalty by still turning up for work. I owe them the same loyalty since their role in my organisation is equally important as my own. Sometimes more so.

Walleye

Reaction score
I'm taking very serious precautions about this other more virulent and aggressive virus. More awareness needed to protect the general population.....

IMG-20200305-WA0006.jpg

Chicharito

Reaction score
Yesterday I travelled to Milan from Manchester.
The passage through security was easy for a change.
The flight was half empty.
The transfer on the shuttle bus from Milan to Milan Central Station was quiet. Only 3 passengers!
The train and bus to the resort was extremely quiet.
I arrived just after 6pm and felt quite happy with myself for making the journey.
Within 3 hrs the whole of Lombardy had been put under lock down. Ski slopes are closed ( my main reason for coming here).
Bars are shut, restaurants are open between 12pm and 6pm.
It's a strange situation, feels totally alien. There's no
physical contact, ie. Shaking hands, embracing, kissing on the cheek.
The shops only allow a few people in at a time although beyond that life is carrying on in a strange subdued way.
I have booked a flight home on Wednesday and will lose money on my previous booking.
Hopefully I will get back into the UK without any major issues.
Financially this is going to be a disaster!

Hemmy

Reaction score
You are going to suffer a double whammy.......losing cash and having to face your gloating missus 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
On a more serious note I hope you get back safely .......🤞

Rrrr

Reaction score
Oh dear, my wife wouldnt let me forget that if it was us. The "told yo sos" would be unbearable.
I probably would have done the same as you and went anyway as you werent to know.

salmo76

Reaction score
Should keep a close eye on what`s happening in Italy because I think the rest of us will follow suit in the near future. The real worry is that the NHS will likely become over loaded with virus sufferers requiring hospital attention which could quickly result in a shortage of beds , equipment , safety gear for NHS staff - resulting in loss of staff at a critical time - loss of essential health care services for other chronic conditions etc.

Hopefully the government will have the will to take the required , possibly unpopular , action to delay the peak number of cases for as long as possible to take pressure of the NHS and prevent collapse of services. They must be thinking along those lines if the present "call up " of NHS reservists -retired members - is anything to go by.

Last edited:

offshore

Reaction score
Yesterday I travelled to Milan from Manchester.
The passage through security was easy for a change.
The flight was half empty.
The transfer on the shuttle bus from Milan to Milan Central Station was quiet. Only 3 passengers!
The train and bus to the resort was extremely quiet.
I arrived just after 6pm and felt quite happy with myself for making the journey.
Within 3 hrs the whole of Lombardy had been put under lock down. Ski slopes are closed ( my main reason for coming here).
Bars are shut, restaurants are open between 12pm and 6pm.
It's a strange situation, feels totally alien. There's no
physical contact, ie. Shaking hands, embracing, kissing on the cheek.
The shops only allow a few people in at a time although beyond that life is carrying on in a strange subdued way.
I have booked a flight home on Wednesday and will lose money on my previous booking.
Hopefully I will get back into the UK without any major issues.
Financially this is going to be a disaster!
I don't want to add to your woes but the advice on March 5th was 'people returning from specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy, should self isolate even if they show no symptoms'.

Twitter

Now the whole of Northen Italy has now become a lockdown area (obviously).

Unfortunately I am not sure if it will be just as simple as coming back, putting it down to experience and carrying on as normal. I suppose you need to check on the latest advice for the specific areas you have visited.

I have no idea how you self isolate in a house with another occupant ?

Sorry to give you another kick in the guts, when you are already inevitably feeling fed-up!

Last edited:

Perrypokemon

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that I have it because frankly I do not know. If however I do have it then all I can say to all of you is that it is really not that bad. I've certainly felt a lot worse in the past with other ailments, coughs colds and the like. I am 54 so not yet in the higher risk age group. I do however have a compromised immune system. There seems little or no point in ringing 111 as even if confirmed they cannot do anything for me. It either kills you or you get better and the greatest majority of people are getting better. For what its worth I personally believe I have a good old fashioned cough and cold but people are terrified to come anywhere near me. In the circumstances however I suppose it is to be expected

Chicharito

Reaction score
Oh dear, my wife wouldnt let me forget that if it was us. The "told yo sos" would be unbearable.
I probably would have done the same as you and went anyway as you werent to know.

She loves me too much and will forgive me! Well that's what she said on the phone. The reality however will be very different if I manage to get home safely. 😊❤🏡

Safranfoer

Reaction score
She loves me too much and will forgive me! Well that's what she said on the phone. The reality however will be very different if I manage to get home safely. 😊❤🏡
I'm with Rrrr. Your wife is a better woman than I - deliberately flying into an area with a rate of transmission that's overtaken everywhere in the world bar China because you want to ski is an... unusual decision. I wish you a safe passage home and give you the advice I gave my son tonight in the out of hours GP (he has regular flu - they think - we need to monitor): Don't. Touch. ANYTHING.