Coronavirus

fixedspool

Reaction score
We are lucky, we live roughly halfway between a restaurant called "Fat Buddha" and their takeaway outlet "Little Fat Buddha".
It's nothing like the good Asian restaurants you get in Asia but for English Asian, it's the best takeaway. Singapore, Malaysian, Thai, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Hong Kong food and Asian Tapas, all on the takeaway menu.
No dumplings though. Someone needs to start selling a decent range of dumplings on their menu.
For heavens sake Get a life. Please!!!!

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Took the birthday bike out today. It’s not his birthday for a couple of weeks but we need to start bringing the cost per use down.

43E65767-5391-4E9F-B0A1-DE523D1B5562.jpeg

Feels like it did back in March again. Waiting for restrictions. Landlords can’t be happy with the narrative around having to close pubs in order to open schools, however speculative it is at this stage. I’m wondering if I was too hasty buying new school shoes, whether the kids will return for 3 weeks then school will close again due to not enough staff. Having to isolate for 10 days if you have cold symptoms during cold season when you work with children will be very challenging on resource levels.

One of our clients has confirmed next year’s budget will be smaller than this year’s - and this year’s was cut by 2/3. Another has a purchase order freeze - anything over £20k needs CEO sign off. Everything feels very difficult. That bike has better see the boy through a good many years. I’m putting a freeze on him growing without CEO permission.

fixedspool

Reaction score
You read it and took the time to reply to it, so who is it who needs to get a life fixedspool?
True to an extent walleye. It's just the fascination of what banality will be posted next on this ridiculous thread by Saffy and her admirers such as you.
It's a must have experience every day or so. It never disappoints. Sad I know.

Walleye

Reaction score
True to an extent walleye. It's just the fascination of what banality will be posted next on this ridiculous thread by Saffy and her admirers such as you.
It's a must have experience every day or so. It never disappoints. Sad I know.
You could light up the thread with your own contribution to it? That might relieve the banality of reading other people's posts and be a positive way to contribute?

Sounds like you are a little jealous - has Safranfoer not been paying you enough attention lately?:D I am sure she'll be very surprised to find out I'm an admirer - I disagree with her on pretty much everything she posts😀

Anyway, joking aside, just add to the conversation and improve the craic if you find it boring. That's what a forum is for. If we all twisted and complained about each other's posts, the forum would be pretty sh1t place to be.

Cyclops

Reaction score
Re measuring against annual average mortality, perhaps the reason there are less dying now than for this (latest) month than in the last 5 years is because those that would have died in July sadly died in April and May , you can only die once

I see from the media that the restrictions placed on West Yorkshire and Lancs were pretty much ignored for what ever religious festival it was

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I can’t remember who fixedspool’s current/historic additional forum identities are but I know he doesn’t much like me. I also know that anyone who sits creating multiple personas specifically to make digs without being held in any way accountable needs to get more of a life than those that stand by their words and don’t have the time or energy to maintain multiple personas. I’d also be questioning their understanding of the meaning of the word ‘banal’. It means unoriginal to the point of boring. Popping up in threads repeatedly to essentially say, “I don’t like what you guys are talking about” seems a spot on example of banality to me.

Why are some people just so intent on pouring bile and raining on parades? I tell my boy all the time to be a creator, not a destroyer. I guess it’s easier to knock people down than try and build something yourself.

Last edited:

T7

Reaction score
A friend of mine who is Muslim and lives in Greater Manchester met friends and family in the local pub for Eid. Highlights the total pointlessness and hypocrisy of the ‘Muslim’ lockdown that was imposed

fixedspool

Reaction score
I can’t remember who fixedspool’s current/historic additional forum identities are but I know he doesn’t much like me. I also know that anyone who sits creating multiple personas specifically to make digs without being held in any way accountable needs to get more of a life than those that stand by their words and don’t have the time or energy to maintain multiple personas. I’d also be questioning their understanding of the meaning of the word ‘banal’. It means unoriginal to the point of boring. Popping up in threads repeatedly to essentially say, “I don’t like what you guys are talking about” seems a spot on example of banality to me.

Why are some people just so intent on pouring bile and raining on parades? I tell my boy all the time to be a creator, not a destroyer. I guess it’s easier to knock people down than try and build something yourself.
No actually I think your amazing. The tenacity with which you give your opinions day after day, week after week is truly impressive.
The fact that there has never been a conclusive answer in 228 pages is remarkable in itself..:whistle:

Safranfoer

Reaction score
No actually I think your amazing. The tenacity with which you give your opinions day after day, week after week is truly impressive.
The fact that there has never been a conclusive answer in 228 pages is remarkable in itself..:whistle:
I'm chatty. You don't like chatting. I'm opinionated. You don't like that I have opinions. I express those opinions. You don't like that I express them. The conversation is about something that is a matter of opinion in many cases, not fact. You don't like conversations that are inconclusive.

Neither of us is wrong, only one of us is being rude about it. No idea what your end game is here. Thanks for taking the time to add a bit more negativity though.

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
Can we please just get back to speaking about deaths, redundancies and widespread panic
We could talk about the BLM militia that were on parade in London? Best not here but the thread was closed.
It does look like unless people behave and follow the guidelines on covid, then our new "freedoms" shall be taken away.
I did laugh at the threat to make over 50s stay at home though.

Cyclops

Reaction score
The riverbanks will be empty if that’s the case, hey heres a thing ... do we need more youngsters in our sport ?

SOS

Reaction score
Aberdeen has saw a cluster of 30 odd cases linked to one bar,this in its self is not too bad but when you see the photos and videos of the pubs at the weekend jam-packed it could end up a lot worse.
When this happened in the north west of England last week nippy nic said we should not go there and they should not come to Scotland,
So has she came unstuck now or is this just a cluster-f*ck.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Why are we now, 4 weeks before schools are due to re-open fully with no meaningful test and trace programme in place, only just modelling what will happen if schools re-open fully with no meaningful t&t programme? It’s not like test and trace is a radical new tool. The WHO have been banging on about it since the start.

Testing and tracing 'key to schools returning', scientists say https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53638083

Look at the stats around what we need to achieve to avoid a bigger second wave, and where we are now. We’ve got 4 weeks to solve the system.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Our track and trace app went live last week. I've downloaded it but not sure if I'll be much help to them or not.

From I downloaded on Thursday, I never even seen another person until I saw my dad on Sunday, who's phone is so old the app won't even work on it.

A quick run to the local village yesterday to pick up some prescriptions and a few things in the shop and home again.

Thinking about it, I really cannot see a situation where I will be in someone's company for more than 15 minutes. The thought of that is already making me uneasy. Not that I'm scared of the virus, I just don't like people that much that I could ever imagine having to talk to someone for more than 2 minutes. Aww the life of the extremely introverted personality! 😂

But, I suppose the app was made for normal people and if I should come into contact with such creatures, I suppose I should do my bit. 😊

ibm59

Reaction score
Our track and trace app went live last week. I've downloaded it but not sure if I'll be much help to them or not.

From I downloaded on Thursday, I never even seen another person until I saw my dad on Sunday, who's phone is so old the app won't even work on it.

A quick run to the local village yesterday to pick up some prescriptions and a few things in the shop and home again.

Thinking about it, I really cannot see a situation where I will be in someone's company for more than 15 minutes. The thought of that is already making me uneasy. Not that I'm scared of the virus, I just don't like people that much that I could ever imagine having to talk to someone for more than 2 minutes. Aww the life of the extremely introverted personality! 😂

But, I suppose the app was made for normal people and if I should come into contact with such creatures, I suppose I should do my bit. 😊
You‘re doing your bit by staying away from others , R. 😉

ozzyian

Reaction score
The way this is heading I'm coming round to the idea that the track and trace system should have been a mobile based app with a traffic light 'clearance' system.

It could then be decided at what level a certain activity can be undertaken (green to go into restaurants, amber always wearing face protection in public etc etc)

The app should be voluntary and reasonable people would make their own decision whether the intrusion into their lives is reasonable given the circumstances. I don't see that data destruction and return to pre-pandemic normality couldn't be assured once this immediate threat is met.

I seriously dislike unnecessary Govt intervention (as does Boris BTW) but I just don't see how offices, schools, pubs, football grounds, shops, flights all co-existing on trust whilst there is no protection. Scenes like we've been seeing with bugger all distancing in pubs etc are pretty much guaranteed to affect everyone's liberties and everyday life. Maybe I'm kidding myself and the public at large simply wouldn't accept it.

westie4566

Reaction score
Aberdeen has saw a cluster of 30 odd cases linked to one bar,this in its self is not too bad but when you see the photos and videos of the pubs at the weekend jam-packed it could end up a lot worse.
When this happened in the north west of England last week nippy nic said we should not go there and they should not come to Scotland,
So has she came unstuck now or is this just a cluster-f*ck.
I heard last night that the Hawthorn Bar cluster was linked to a young lad who came back from Spain, stayed at home as required but decided it was ok to have his mates round. :mad: Said mates had been on a pub crawl prior to going to the Hawthorn.

Morons!

KILDONAN

Reaction score
Just discovered a previously unknown to me impact of the virus - anyone tried to buy a bike lately?! My son wants one for his birthday later in the month. I think I just bought the last 15” framed bike below £600 in the country. Much drama. Spent way more than I wanted to. No deals to be had. No bikes to be had. Most places won’t get new deliveries now until January. Who the heck knew?
I enjoy wild camping but my daughter wanted to join me on a recent trip so I picked what I thought would be the remotest public camp site with facilities.
Bad bad decision for our quiet camp, it was completely packed out with what looked like brand new tents and equipment every where. One Family even took an inflatable 2 seater sette!! So I bet there are not many deals on tents either.
I have to say everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves though.