corona virus vacine

Piker20

Reaction score
Not for first year. All previous attempts at a coronavirus vaccine ended badly for the animal subjects with ALL getting hepatitis in one 2004 trial and severe chronic lung damage in other trials.

So ill wait till Mr Gates has tried it on a few idiots first.

D

Deleted member 10733

If it was announced they had a corona virus vaccine, would you take it.

And if it was mandatory to get your personal freedom back, would you refuse it? On moral or ethical grounds?

Not for first year. All previous attempts at a coronavirus vaccine ended badly for the animal subjects with ALL getting hepatitis in one 2004 trial and severe chronic lung damage in other trials.

Trials (on humans) are being done now, also in your country.

Coronavirus: Oxford vaccine trial backed by drug giant and could have early results by mid-June | The Independent

These people take extra health risks for the common good. Knowing you and everyone else will benefit at some point from their voluntary commitment, you'll probably try to forget you called them idiots today. Sad really.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I will be major sceptical if a vaccine is produced anytime soon. If one does get rolled out soon then it will have been made years ago as vaccines take years and years to produce. The fastest vaccine brought to market was for the mumps and it took 4 years to produce!

happy days

Reaction score
And if it was mandatory to get your personal freedom back, would you refuse it? On moral or ethical grounds?

Coronavirus: Oxford vaccine trial backed by drug giant and could have early results by mid-June | The Independent

These people take extra health risks for the common good. Knowing you and everyone else will benefit at some point from their voluntary commitment, you'll probably try to forget you called them idiots today. Sad really.

I think you'll find in the large they take health risks because they need the dough :)

greenlaner2009

Reaction score

I would have to give it a lot of consideration, I would be concerned about long term side effects that we may not know about. I cant remember calling anybody an idiot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10733

If it was announced they had a corona virus vaccine, would you take it.

I would have to give it a lot of consideration, I would be concerned about long term side effects that we may not know about. I cant remember calling anybody an idiot.

I didn't say you did, I replied to another post simultaneously. You just need to push the "multi-quote" button on all posts you whish to answer to, to save time.

mows

Reaction score

Do you really think it's people volunteering to potentially sacrifice their long-term health and even life for the greater good of mankind?

I think it's more likely to be the usual big pharma, parasiting off the poorest and most desperate, for very small recompense for the potential danger they put themselves in.

D

Deleted member 10733

Do you really think it's people volunteering to potentially sacrifice their long-term health and even life for the greater good of mankind?

I think it's more likely to be the usual big pharma, parasiting off the poorest and most desperate, for very small recompense for the potential danger they put themselves in.

You basically make my point, it remains on a voluntary basis and although underlying motives may play a role, I don't think these people are scrupulously "sacrificed" without sufficient knowledge of the intrinsic risks. No pharma giant will put its reputation on the line by pushing the trials on humans forward without the consent of your scientists and government, who gave the go-ahead. And it's not big pharma doing the trials either, it's Oxford University Hospitals. I believe your government funds the whole operation, so I guess the volunteers will be payed with your money.

carrowmore

Reaction score

The first volunteer was Dr Elisa Granato , a 32 yr old microbiologist from Oxford . Within a few days of her receiving the vaccine the anti-vaccers had spread fake news of her death all over social media. See her being interviewed from 1 minute on this video.

Coronavirus vaccine: first human trial in Europe begins at Oxford - BBC News - YouTube

long Preston

Reaction score
I didn't say you did, I replied to another post simultaneously. You just need to push the "multi-quote" button on all posts you whish to answer to, to save time.

jeez-you guys need to lie down in darkened rooms for a while-arguments within 4 posts!:eek::eek:

Stu101

Reaction score

lots of the med students at my Uni did these. big paying ones were highly prized.

kenny007

Reaction score
Get the junkies to try it out, they like needles and will stick any sh!te into their veins whithout knowing what the outcome may be:peace:

Piker20

Reaction score
Several well renowned virologists have commented that recovered patients often have no antibodies so they doubt a vaccine will work because covid19 is not behaving like flu or similar.
We'll see but as I said. I won't be forced to take one till its long term effects are known.
I'll happily miss out on social gathering, flights and public transport