Corona lockdown

offshore

Reaction score
If it is who I think it is I wouldn't hold my breath.:(
Just keep debarbing your hooks for when you can legally fish there again.
Still waiting on Fishpal acknowledging my email re Kinnermony reimbursement. Not holding my breath on that one either.:nod:
Good idea that. If fishing gets going this season late on, and things still dodgy (how can they not be) I will get the pliers out, onto the barbs - no point in asking for trouble.

westie4566

Reaction score
Good idea that. If fishing gets going this season late on, and things still dodgy (how can they not be) I will get the pliers out, onto the barbs - no point in asking for trouble.
On the bright side, when we do finally get back on the river, whatever fish are there will be well rested and nae ever even seen a flee. Could be fun!!

ozzyian

Reaction score
Not the ideal time to get an Owner treble in your thumb and then sit in Hexham casualty department for two hours - as we did two seasons ago.

If you heard somebody cough, would you stay and risk it, or leave it to heal over for a month? Tricky.
A few years ago I stuck both hooks of a double into my forearm, up to the bends and through my jacket (I was an early adopter of the bonkers spey, from the casting threads - or something similar)

Fortunately of our 3 one was a vet so I cut the line and went off to find him. After a bit of an inspection and a bit of pushing and pulling he said 'I'll have a go with the multi tool but I think you'll have to accept your jacket will leak'

Anyhow, he pushed and pulled, got the other guy involved, then after quite a go said, ' right I'll push it round and snip the points off' More dicking around during which he did the push through bit but then blunted his multi tool (it was a cheap Chinese one) on the salar hook (as you prob know they've got a great temper) and it wouldn't cut them. 'Right change of plan, I'll work them back out the way they went in'

Anyhow, I lived (the jacket sleeve didn't make it) but never was there a stronger case for medical mal-practise in my opinion.

Last edited:

westie4566

Reaction score
A few years ago I stuck both hooks of a double into my forearm, up to the bends and through my jacket (I was an early adopter of the bonkers spey, from the casting threads - or something similar)

Fortunately of our 3 one was a vet so I cut the line and went off to find him. After a bit of an inspection and a bit of pushing and pulling he said 'I'll have a go with the multi tool but I think you'll have to accept your jacket will leak'

Anyhow, he pushed and pulled, got the other guy involved, then after quite a go said, ' right I'll push it round and snip the points off' More dicking around during which he did the push through bit but then blunted his multi tool (it was a cheap Chinese one) on the salar hook (as you prob know they've got a great temper) and it wouldn't cut them. 'Right change of plan, I'll work them back out the way they went in'

Anyhow, I lived (the jacket sleeve didn't make it) but never was there a stronger case for medical mal-practise in my opinion.
I was messing about with my mates set up 4 weeks ago on the Northie. It was a tad 'breezy' and ended up with a clatter on the ear from his brass tube and his double in my ear. I did the only thing possible, ripped the hook straight out after the 'hit'. It bled like a barsteward for a while and took three weeks for the tenderness to go away.

Hey ho!

KILDONAN

Reaction score
I was messing about with my mates set up 4 weeks ago on the Northie. It was a tad 'breezy' and ended up with a clatter on the ear from his brass tube and his double in my ear. I did the only thing possible, ripped the hook straight out after the 'hit'. It bled like a barsteward for a while and took three weeks for the tenderness to go away.

Hey ho!
Westie4566 your a man!

heather point

Reaction score
Astonished to see that Burnmouth had a fish today.
Not because of the shortage of springers in the river, but because all non essential travel is banned.
How could that be???:confused::confused:
I see the fish claimed at Burnmouth on Tuesday has amazingly disappeared from the fish Tay catches.

tenet

Reaction score
Was on Thurso last year and impaled the ball of my thumb with a double. Thankfully our own Lewis Chessman was on hand (no pun intended)and performed the loop of nylon trick. "I'll count to three" and the job was done on two.

Last edited:

heather point

Reaction score
It may well be that the Burnmouth owner and ghillie were sitting in their chairs with drams whilst having a laugh at their wind up and all the firm takes they got?
I don't think so, much more likely they were fishing against the regulations and were silly enough to publish their catch.
Then became a bit uneasy when attention was drawn to it.

ibm59

Reaction score
Largs and District AC closed.

Dear members,
I write to inform you that I have been contacted by Bell Ingram on behalf of Scottish water to cease all fishing activites on our club waters, please see correspondance below. I will be in contact with Hugh Mclean over the coming weeks and months for regular updates and will let everyone know if the situation changes. Unfortunately it looks like the 2020 season is one that we will wish to forget and we may loose most, if not all of the season, but we are in unpresidented times and we must adhere to the governments rules.

I will be in contact with updates when I can, all the best to you all and take care.

Club Secretary