Corona lockdown

salmonstu.

Reaction score
Anybody know what the affect is on fishing already booked for this week......refunds from fishpal or alternative days.......not likely I'm thinking!

larry_grayson

Reaction score
Don't go to Scotland as I did yesterday. 8.5 hour drive (including lunch stop, J Norris and fuel) only to find out on arrival that NS has banned self catering lets and given the owners/managers 48 hours to empty them of people in residence. Same 8.5 hour drive back today (including same lunch break and fuel). Did stop for 10 mins to peer over the bridge at the river, it was peaty but low and no fish showed. I expect the two weeks in May have gone the same way and I have cancelled my week in Normandy during July. The two weeks in August that I had planned along with a further two weeks in September don't fill me with optimism. When I can get my brain in gear I'll start to think about a week in October on the Tweed.

Does dry fly fishing for brownies count as exercise or can I look forward to spending the off season at Her Majesty's pleasure.

bankwheel

Reaction score
We shouldn’t even be considering fishing just now, we all need to stay at home or we are just as bad as those muppets on the beaches

Lamson v10

Reaction score
The virus seems to be spreading rapidly 😷😷😷😷 yet another thread on it :batty::surrender:

rs2ford

Reaction score
I am in the same position with a rod on the Tay this Saturday which was booked through Fishpal. Clearly I cannot go so I would be expecting Fishpal to refund me or give another date. If they expect me to suck it up then I will never use Fishpal again. It's the principal not the money that's annoying me. Health is more important and it's not essential travel.
Cheers Diarmid.

salmonstu.

Reaction score
Corona Lockdown

Totally mate........The amount of days wasted due to unforseen weather is totally acceptable, however. this is a whole different ballgame!

kinnaber

Reaction score
Yeah...I’m the same with what was a forthcoming trip to Lough Corrib. Thieving ferry ***** refusing a refund in this present climate....disgusting.

Andy Musgrove

Reaction score
I guess it’s times like this that I’m glad I live out on the west coast with a 30 sec walk over the the beech so can at least cast a rod at some salt water targets. Look forward to the arrival of the mackerel !

salmonstu.

Reaction score
Fishpal have cancelled bookings for the foreseeable.....was given a full refund for my days.....Expect everyone will get the same.....Cheers for the replies, hopefully this will all be over soon!

brumyterry

Reaction score
We had the same experience , traveled up to Tweed on Sunday to stop in the self catering estate cottage on the beat we were fishing for the week.Fished perfect water and did see fish moving.Gilly contacted me at 3pm and asked me to phone the office before 4 pm .The outcome of the resultant phone call was to inform me that the estate and fishing was closed down. I am now back home. The estate will roll the booked week over to 2021.Fair outcome.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Fishpal have cancelled bookings for the foreseeable.....was given a full refund for my days.....Expect everyone will get the same.....Cheers for the replies, hopefully this will all be over soon!
Did you get the booking fee back as well?

Last edited:

mows

Reaction score
20200324_194341.jpg
Last one for a while.
Looks like we will have all the pubs closed on Friday in Singapore.

keirstream

Reaction score
View attachment 43215
Last one for a while.
Looks like we will have all the pubs closed on Friday in Singapore.
If I could get a flight Alan, I might be tempted to join you.
That pint looks so attractive after 2 weeks without one.:(
But---need to stay responsible.:)
How are you getting home?
I have a mate flying business class who has been ditched in New Zealand by Emirates and Dubai Airport has been closed so he appears to be stuck there.:help:

geosla1963

Reaction score
Was wandering what happens with scottish fishing passport will we be refunded the lost fishing .
one email saying cancelled to further notice .

mows

Reaction score
If I could get a flight Alan, I might be tempted to join you.
That pint looks so attractive after 2 weeks without one.:(
But---need to stay responsible.:)
How are you getting home?
I have a mate flying business class who has been ditched in New Zealand by Emirates and Dubai Airport has been closed so he appears to be stuck there.:help:
I'm not Tom! I was due home on the 6 th of April. 30 th of May is my earliest possible date now.
My youngest was due out on Friday. That's now cancelled.
But he is at my house for lock down.
There's definitely worse places to be.
We were fine here, but when they announced on the Monday that they would close the borders on the Friday.
350 ill Singaporeans came back for free health care and stretched the system.
Till then we had 250 cases in 3 months and almost no new ones.
Hopefully it will sort itself out soon.
It's still nice and civilised here. Food and toilet rolls in the shops.
Had my first day working at home today. A lot harder than I expected and a killer on my back.

Still enjoying it here, but seriously missing my fishing.

Cheers

Alan

rs2ford

Reaction score
I phoned Fishpal and spoke to Anne who was great about it all and was advised to email my my booking confirmation number and dates of my fishing.
Within an hour my booking was changed to a date in September that suites me, which was dearer but at no extra cost to me. Can't say fairer than that.
Keep safe everyone at hopefully we will get fishing soon enough.
Cheers Diarmid.

Woodbank

Reaction score
Don't go to Scotland as I did yesterday. 8.5 hour drive (including lunch stop, J Norris and fuel) only to find out on arrival that NS has banned self catering lets and given the owners/managers 48 hours to empty them of people in residence. Same 8.5 hour drive back today (including same lunch break and fuel). Did stop for 10 mins to peer over the bridge at the river, it was peaty but low and no fish showed. I expect the two weeks in May have gone the same way and I have cancelled my week in Normandy during July. The two weeks in August that I had planned along with a further two weeks in September don't fill me with optimism. When I can get my brain in gear I'll start to think about a week in October on the Tweed.

Does dry fly fishing for brownies count as exercise or can I look forward to spending the off season at Her Majesty's pleasure.
What does the NS in your post mean if you don’t mind 🤷🏻*♂

pol_angler

Reaction score
Screw it,I am going.

On my own, petrol bought at the pomp, I have got enough food and drink to cover all day and the blessing of the fishery owner I phoned today. It's decided.

heather point

Reaction score
Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish First Minister otherwise known as wee Jimmy Krankie or the poison dwarf by some very impolite people.

heather point

Reaction score
I phoned Fishpal and spoke to Anne who was great about it all and was advised to email my my booking confirmation number and dates of my fishing.
Within an hour my booking was changed to a date in September that suites me, which was dearer but at no extra cost to me. Can't say fairer than that.
Keep safe everyone at hopefully we will get fishing soon enough.
Cheers Diarmid.
I would not get too excited about that.
Coupar Grange on the Isla has closed for the whole season. Probably the responsible thing to do.

Bonito

Reaction score
Screw it,I am going.

On my own, petrol bought at the pomp, I have got enough food and drink to cover all day and the blessing of the fishery owner I phoned today. It's decided.
Bet you`ve got stocks of food and loo rolls as well, selfish, selfish person.