corona fly r us

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Cheers Arnold👍

Today's experiments with a plain coloured cock hackle under a smaller grizzle or badger for baitfish patterns to hopefully tempt a seatrout ..or.two...

Dry

IMAG6112.jpg

Wet

IMAG6126.jpg

Randoms
IMAG6110.jpg

Last edited:

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Tay raiders the day. This will save me a fortune tying my own flies I’m glad I started. Wonder if I will catch anymore or less salmon ? If not at least I’ve got a new excuse !!! Blame the flees 😂View attachment 45110
It won't save you a fortune, probably the opposite once you start buying more hooks and materials 😂however, the feeling of catching on your own fly far outweighs monetary terms.
Good work, your flies are Great and I hope they bring you success, I'm sure they will👍👍

Jockiescott

Reaction score
It won't save you a fortune, probably the opposite once you start buying more hooks and materials 😂however, the feeling of catching on your own fly far outweighs monetary terms.
Good work, your flies are Great and I hope they bring you success, I'm sure they will👍👍
I do often wonder if I'd just stuck to shop bought flies just what else my money would have went on!!! 😬

The money I've spent on materials since January this year alone would have bought a right few dodgy Curry's Reds. 🤦‍♂️😂

Last edited:

Timmins

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s . I did get get a delivery couple days ago hooks , hen,cock necks arctic runner , buck tail , threads , tinsel’s etc ..... was just clicking away when ordering and before you know it your at £300 🙈🙈🙈 I can see how it can be expensive. I’ve got enough to get started but next time I get an order think I will go for better grade feathers for hackles to save 4/5 turns at the heads . I’m enjoying my time at the vice in these crazy times and defo found my new addictive hobby..........at least until we’re aloud ooooot !!!