COP26

Michael_D_CPA

Reaction score
Very easy to see the difference between elected officials vs true environmentalists. I did not catch Sir David's speech but will look for it.

In Canada, a noted environmentalist (chained to trees, arrested, etc) was elected to Parliament and a Cabinet post on the CC file. It took less than a day to change his stripes :(

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Forget Biden, Johnson, Putin or who ever
The most powerful voice on the planet must be that of Sir David Attenborough.
When he speaks people listen
I will officially greave when that man dies.
I grew up watching his programs enchanted by his voice.
His programs are about the only thing on tv that a whole family from young kids right through to OAPs can all sit down together to enjoy.
A true legend of a man. Has done more for this planet than any other human being before.
Couldn't believe the yanks dropped his narration for an American on think it was blue planet.

SOS

Reaction score
Used to be listened to.
He has been caught out with a few porkies now and lost a lot of trust.
The politicians tell porkies every time they open their mouths, and have done since any parliament began.
I could listen to Attenborough for hours whereas 2 or 3 minutes of listening to a politician would have me looking for something useful to do.

I think this COP might have a bearing on our rivers and Salmon fishing.
In their scramble to be seen to be doing something about green energy, I hope there is not a push for more hydro schemes that would mean more of our rivers being dammed.
I also hope that our hills and countryside is not planted with more wind turbines, putting them out at sea could actually benefit Salmon and other sea life by creating no fishing zones allowing marine life to flourish.

I also hope that the degrading of sea lochs due to fish farms and what the fish on these farms are fed on is highlighted by someone like Attenborough who people might listen to because let's face it joe public nor the politicians have listened up to now .

P.S. guess whats on the lunch menu

Last edited:

mows

Reaction score
Have a look into his statements re the flying walruses?
They have been flying off these cliffs for hundreds of years.
As Dave knew. Thats why they knew to go there and film them.
But according to "trust me, im Dave"
They now fly off these cliffs because of climate change.

If you need to lie to prove a point, its a debatable point.

westie4566

Reaction score
bellend.jpg

Safranfoer

Reaction score
The politicians tell porkies every time they open their mouths, and have done since any parliament began.
I could listen to Attenborough for hours whereas 2 or 3 minutes of listening to a politician would have me looking for something useful to do.

I think this COP might have a bearing on our rivers and Salmon fishing.
In their scramble to be seen to be doing something about green energy, I hope there is not a push for more hydro schemes that would mean more of our rivers being dammed.
I also hope that our hills and countryside is not planted with more wind turbines, putting them out at sea could actually benefit Salmon and other sea life by creating no fishing zones allowing marine life to flourish.

I also hope that the degrading of sea lochs due to fish farms and what the fish on these farms are fed on is highlighted by someone like Attenborough who people might listen to because let's face it joe public nor the politicians have listened up to now .

P.S. guess whats on the lunch menu
I was half-listening to something about hydro schemes on Radio 4 the other day, while I was doing something else. So I have half-knowledge, but apparently each installation is totally bespoke and there are no learnings you can take from one application/site into the next, so for that reason it'll be a while before water power is something we can rely on. Wouldn't have thought therefore that hydro will play a massive part.

mows

Reaction score

Have a read of this and make your own mind up.
Is Dave still the icon of truth we all grew up with?
Has anyone seen an autopsy of that poor baby whale dying because of climate change and plastic?
Walrus populations are booming.
And amazingly Wally seemed to suffer no ill effects on his ice free European tour this year.

Hoppa 1950

Reaction score
Forget Biden, Johnson, Putin or who ever
The most powerful voice on the planet must be that of Sir David Attenborough.
When he speaks people listen
Unfortunately, he is just like the rest and including people who live in cities and don't drive.
How does he get to all these places, does he use a bike, horse and cart, or walk hmm, kettle calling the frying pan there I think.
Then you have all these idiots in the city shouting that we should all stop using cars. Easy for them they get the bus, taxi or tube, that said they are a load of tubes.
What about people who live in town and villages, we must not matter.
Pie in the sky

SOS

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he is just like the rest and including people who live in cities and don't drive.
How does he get to all these places, does he use a bike, horse and cart, or walk hmm, kettle calling the frying pan there I think.
Then you have all these idiots in the city shouting that we should all stop using cars. Easy for them they get the bus, taxi or tube, that said they are a load of tubes.
What about people who live in town and villages, we must not matter.
Pie in the sky
The same applies to Greta Greetin face and all the other so called climate protesters.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Hope they've worded the legislation less abiguously than the headline.

Loggers - right guys, 9 years to chop down every tree on the planet. A big ask, but hey, lets go for it.

COP26: World leaders promise to end deforestation by 2030​

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
I wonder if the forum dinosaurs similarly baulk at the concept of the impending ecological catastrophe that is unfolding?
You do know that we are currently in an ice age?
If the circus clowns in Glasgow were shouting about creating less pollution (no money in that) as opposed to ******** about carbon and climate, I would buy into it.
All I can see is the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer (carbon credits, etc) in the current con.

mows

Reaction score
the You do know that we are currently in an ice age?
If the circus clowns in Glasgow were shouting about creating less pollution (no money in that) as opposed to ******** about carbon and climate, I would buy into it.
All I can see is the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer (carbon credits, etc) in the current con.
but the sea is rising!!
the sea is rising
the sea is rising!!!
it said so on the news yesterday.
turns out the current bangladesh floods are because of the rising sea.
yet the maldives havent sunk.

the easiest way to convert me on sea rising, is to carve on an exceedingly gentle hard rock beach, the maximum height on a certain day, recording atmospheric pressure, and showing me how much further the sea goes each year at the exact same moon phase.
If its rising as much as to cause bangladesh the flood, then it should be easy.
is to carve the maximum sea height on a very gentle sloping rock beach, recording time ad mo

SOS

Reaction score
For me it is more about reversing the loss of habitat whether in the Amason, Borneo or here in our own country where you can name many species off the top of your head that are disappearing at a fast rate of knots.
There is and will be a lot more talk on carbon footprints and carbon capture because thats where the money is, but I wonder how much talk there will be on the use of chemicals that is poisoning the land, rivers and seas.

I was confused to see Greta greetin face and her mob singing "you can shove your climate crises up your ar$e" I thought that they wanted world leaders to sort out climate change, turns out they are just attention seeking anarchists who fancied a jolly in Glasgow .
Surely they could find something useful to do with their time like planting trees or litter picking rather than waiting for photo opportunities with whoever will give them the time of day.