Coolraw Killer (Variant)

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Tying a variant of the Coolraw Killer. Give it a go folks nice bright fly.

Great stuff BB, that style has loads of potential - I can see why there are 5 or more variants of the Coolraw killer. As you were tying it with the yellow rump I thought it could also be a decent banana version ( because the rump gives that brownish yellow tinge) - and swap the orange hackle at the front for another yellow or off yellow..

you’re a great tyer BB - I think you should do yourself a favour and post a separate picture of the fly AS WELL as the video link - because sometimes the video insert masks your fly - and I think you’d get better viewing numbers on this forum and for your vids if you did that 👍👍

All the best, Patrick

belfast boy

Reaction score
Great stuff BB, that style has loads of potential - I can see why there are 5 or more variants of the Coolraw killer. As you were tying it with the yellow rump I thought it could also be a decent banana version ( because the rump gives that brownish yellow tinge) - and swap the orange hackle at the front for another yellow or off yellow..

you’re a great tyer BB - I think you should do yourself a favour and post a separate picture of the fly AS WELL as the video link - because sometimes the video insert masks your fly - and I think you’d get better viewing numbers on this forum and for your vids if you did that 👍👍

All the best, Patrick
Might give that a rattle Patrick (y) (y)