Coffee machine

kenny007

Reaction score
Im looking to purchase a new coffee machine thats compatible with ground coffee & pod coffee. Budget of £250 max.

Anyone got recomendations ?

Thanks, Kenny

Rrrr

Reaction score
Are you set on a machine ? Best coffee ive had by a country mile is from an aeropress. Simple little gadget but makes brilliant coffee. Also about 20 quid.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

ibm59

Reaction score
84B6D1E0-7F39-4D39-9BEC-7965A4BB6151.jpeg

Petekd

Reaction score
Are you set on a machine ? Best coffee ive had by a country mile is from an aeropress. Simple little gadget but makes brilliant coffee. Also about 20 quid.

Another vote here for the aero press. That and a tin of Illy Intenso, match made in heaven.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Another vote here for the aero press. That and a tin of Illy Intenso, match made in heaven.
Yea, once you find the ammount and brew time that works for you then you get perfecr coffee every time. I still use my pod machine at times but much prefer the aeropress.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I have a Sage coffee machine and a Bialetti stove top pot. They make very different cups of coffee, but both outstanding. It’s way more cost effective to use ground coffee over pods - why they need for both?

Bradan_eire_alba

Reaction score
I have a sage barista express and must say I really rate it. Not quite a bean to cup as it's manual with a built in grinder. Freshly ground whole bean coffee is the way forward with or without a machine. I'm always trying new beans if anyone has any recommendations? Really enjoy Stirling coffee's El Salvador beans which I drink without milk. I'm sure it's like wine though and everyone has different tastes.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I have a sage barista express and must say I really rate it. Not quite a bean to cup as it's manual with a built in grinder. Freshly ground whole bean coffee is the way forward with or without a machine. I'm always trying new beans if anyone has any recommendations? Really enjoy Stirling coffee's El Salvador beans which I drink without milk. I'm sure it's like wine though and everyone has different tastes.
That's the model I have. It's really good, isn't it? We have a bean to cup machine at work and it's a total pain - constantly flashing mardy lights at you, needing something emptying or cleaning or refilling. It's like having a toddler. The Sage I have at home just... works. Really good coffee, every time. I use the stove top Bialetti when I need a really strong coffee or I'm on holiday. It's not very... subtle.

Beans... I like Origin Coffee's beans (sometimes on sale in independent cafes/hotels - which is where I discovered them). As you say, it's horses for courses, everyone has different tastes and they do loads of beans, but this is their default coffee shop roast as a start: https://www.origincoffee.co.uk/collections/coffee/products/resolute?variant=12443203469385

kenny007

Reaction score

Not really set on a pod machine but certainly will take a look at your recommendation.

JACK POWER

Reaction score
This lot have a very good range and deliver all over Ireland. They even have a deal where if you place a regular order, say one every two months. and it's over X you pay less... well worth a try.

Rrrr

Reaction score
The best beans ive tried by a country mile is a special blend from a small deli in rothbury. They are from pumphreys coffee that do sell online. Not sure if they sell that blend on the site but they do sell some other really good ones.
Also if you need to be really really awake/dont want to sleep for a good 18 hours then taylors "hot lava java" is good, very strong tasting but perfect before seatrout fishing once the shakes die down

kenny007

Reaction score
So, this is what i done and boy oh boy is it good coffee...

I bought a Bialetti Moka pot (small one) and a Dolce Gusto Infinissima machine for convenience but heres what I've been doing.

I have various coffee pod's for the machine and Illy coffee for the Moka pot. Make your machine coffee but then add a shot of Illy expresso if you like your coffee strong. I have to say it blew my socks off and it's awesome.

Thanks for all the advice.:coffee::coffee::coffee: