Cocker Bitch Pup Wanted

finreid

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any cocker bitch pups available. My in-laws have just had a litter, but all dogs, and I'm really after a bitch. I'm based in Central Scotland, but would travel for the right dog. Please let me know if you have a litter or know of any litters.

Thank you.

keirstream

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any cocker bitch pups available. My in-laws have just had a litter, but all dogs, and I'm really after a bitch. I'm based in Central Scotland, but would travel for the right dog. Please let me know if you have a litter or know of any litters.

Thank you.
I was always a Springer man, last time round I had a Springer and a Sprocker and worked them together.
The Sprocker was the best wee dog I ever had.
I have had a 10 year + break from dogs, principally because it was too hard to lose both within a year of each other
but my daughter persuaded me to get another dog. When I was offered a Cocker, I swithered, I wasn't sure and needed
to be convinced before taking the plunge.
What a wee cracker she is, completely won me over and at 12 weeks is sitting, staying , recalling to whistle and recognising and responding to hand signals at distance. I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience with her and looking forward to fishing and hillwalking with her. Don't know if I will work her, maybe?
What a loving wee bundle of fun she is.:D
I'll keep my ears open for you.

Attachments

• PupMar14b.jpg
    PupMar14b.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 60
  • PupMar14a.jpg
    PupMar14a.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 54

Oscar

Reaction score
What a lovely dog.
Has she won any shows?

Thank you.

No she’s a family pet - not into the showing thing! Got quite a pedigree by all accounts and the right ‘dome’ to show though.

I’d love to work her, but don’t know any shoots around here. 😞

Oscar.

tenet

Reaction score
You will need deep pockets.

Theft is rampant mostly by the travelling community as the prices are now reaching obscene levels.

Rrrr

Reaction score
You will need deep pockets.

Theft is rampant mostly by the travelling community as the prices are now reaching obscene levels.
Noticed this the other day. Went on to browse terriers and its madness. People.looking for 2 grand for a jack russel.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

keirstream

Reaction score
Unfortunately, with the inflated prices in the marketplace just now, many unscrupulous
people are seeing the cost of a bitch as an investment for huge returns, some
are resorting to theft for that purpose also.:(
There are also loads of people out with unruly pups who haven't the 1st notion about pup
behaviour or training.
The prices need to drop back to reasonable levels so that the right people can access them again.
And le them become simply pets (or workers) again and not assets.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Surely theres only so much demand for dogs at those prices. The rescues will be full of these lockdown dogs once people are back to work full time.
Seen lurcher pups for 1300 quid aswel. Usualy around 4 to 500 max for a working lurcher.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Safranfoer

Reaction score
The rescues will be full of dogs next year... :-( Spaniel Aid Uk have a working cocker with issues looking for an experienced owner with no kids if anyone with time and patience is looking for a heart dog. He’s young, his name is Arlo, he is scared of coughs (barks), shadows (attacks them) and the lead (can bite). They’re offering a dog behaviourist to support his new owner. Breaks my heart - he must be so fearful. My friend had a lab with the the first two problems and he’s fine now.

keirstream

Reaction score
The rescues will be full of dogs next year... :-( Spaniel Aid Uk have a working cocker with issues looking for an experienced owner with no kids if anyone with time and patience is looking for a heart dog. He’s young, his name is Arlo, he is scared of coughs (barks), shadows (attacks them) and the lead (can bite). They’re offering a dog behaviourist to support his new owner. Breaks my heart - he must be so fearful. My friend had a lab with the the first two problems and he’s fine now.
This will unfortunately be a common occurrence.
He is suffering from social interaction issues and has obviously had very limited access to the world outside the family home.
Cockers are super active dogs, much more active than I am accustomed to and would be super reactive to being cooped up and not getting sufficient play and exercise time.
Currently my Working Cocker pup is indulging in zoomy time and has been sitting on my head as I type this before zooming off to the window cill to have a lick at the glass and see what's going on outside.
There are days when Breagha is not interested in training so I just let her be a pup rolling about and chasing other dogs on walks and introducing herself to everyone she meets. Away from roads, at 13 weeks, she is never on a lead and hasn't been since her 1st day out at 11 weeks old. Other days she is super responsive to training. But, you have to remember at that age she is just a bairn.
She is coming on grand and I would be willing to bet that a well meaning family had bought Arlo for their elderly parents without thinking too hard about it.
If I didn't have Breagha I would take on an Arlo project but the poor soul needs total one to one attention to help work his way through his mental issues and being with another pup would only exacerbate them.

Last edited:

Aled

Reaction score
I agree the dog rescue homes will be super full after this lockdown. However the criteria for re-homing dogs are on the whole very strict, i looked at re-homing a dog, was nowhere near able to match the criteria. If the re-homing centres continue with that strict process many dogs will be in kennels for ever.
Hope you find your bitch finreid.
Cheers
Aled

keirstream

Reaction score
I agree the dog rescue homes will be super full after this lockdown. However the criteria for re-homing dogs are on the whole very strict, i looked at re-homing a dog, was nowhere near able to match the criteria. If the re-homing centres continue with that strict process many dogs will be in kennels for ever.
Cheers
Aled
Aled,
rescue dogs with issues like that would undoubtedly tax the patience of a saint.
But, patience, patience, more patience and a sack load of time to spend generally straightens them out if you throw in a huge dollop of T.L.C.(y)
Breagha after her Zoomie time and morning interaction walk.:)
Snooze.jpg

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Cheers
Aled
Dogs like Arlo are a one off project that demand strict criteria - but you're right with your observation. My friend has been trying to rescue a german shepherd for ages. He grew up with one, and his ex-girlfriend has one. He has no kids living at home, works from home full time and lives in a flat with a shared enclosed garden, on a converted farmstead in the middle of nowhere, on the edge of massive country park. No one - not the breed rescues, not rescue centres - will let him adopt one, because he doesn't have a private garden and, as a solo individual, he's never personally owned that breed. So he's reserved a puppy from a breeder.

Fruin

Reaction score
The rescue centres are apparently maxed out already! We got a sprocker about two years ago when we reckon she was about 5. Came from working stock but I reckon her and her mother ( a springer) were used for providing the other dogs. She is now around 7 and has settled in well. My brother in law took on the mother.
I'd highly recommend a sprocker! A pal of mine had some for sale around a year ago. If he ever breeds his bitch again (springer) with the same cocker stud, I'll try to remember to put the details in here.

20201230_114453.jpg

Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
The rescue centres are apparently maxed out already! We got a sprocker about two years ago when we reckon she was about 5. Came from working stock but I reckon her and her mother ( a springer) were used for providing the other dogs. She is now around 7 and has settled in well. My brother in law took on the mother.
I'd highly recommend a sprocker! A pal of mine had some for sale around a year ago. If he ever breeds his bitch again (springer) with the same cocker stud, I'll try to remember to put the details in here.

View attachment 59207
That's a lovely dog you have there, Fruin.
Fine and dandy, a perfect match.:D
A great story and I'm glad it worked for you and especially your wee sprocker.
I had a sprocker before and it was the best wee dog I ever had, fiercely loyal and protective to me, great with weans of all ages
and would face a lion to protect my kids.
Credit where credit is due.
Respect.:):)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Lamson v10

Reaction score

View attachment 59207

She's a right wee beauty fruin 👍 stunning wee face , I'll be getting my wee nuala seen to later in the year and my mate who bread's labs has mentioned a top wee cocker to do the business

_20200708_164054.JPG

Fruin

Reaction score
She's a right wee beauty fruin 👍 stunning wee face , I'll be getting my wee nuala seen to later in the year and my mate who bread's labs has mentioned a top wee cocker to do the business

View attachment 59263
Wee Nuala's a cracker too (y) Wee may have allowed ours to have pups, but when we took her on she went into season right away! We took her to the vet and they said it looked as if she had already had at least two litters, possibly more so a wee op was in order to ensure she didn't have to go through it again.