CND BV GT 15' 9-11 (B&W Norway Speycaster 16' 9/10)

Henke

Reaction score
Hello

Anyone tried the CND Bias Versa GT 15' line 9-11 ?

I am thinking of buying one mainly for sunkline work on Scandinavian (Norway) rivers - and even maybe early spring in Scotland.

Maybe a less priced B & W Norway Speycaster in 16' 9/10 could be in my thoughts - but at first hand I think the CND is a better rod......

What do you think ? Is there a CND dealer in UK ??

Regards
Henke

Pierre03

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a 15' CND BV-GT. It's a very powerful rod to cast sinking lines and you won't be disappointed. I have sold it because I have also a Hardy Zenith 15'1 which, I think has the same power but is a better fishing rod in my opinion. The problem with these rods is to find the (heavy) lines or shooting heads to load them.

Last edited:

Hibernicus

Reaction score
Orca (Martin) on here is the man to talk to about the CND BV-GT. He won the Golden Gate Seniors last year with one and built the rod from a blank. I don't see him on here often but send him a pm and he'll pick it up in a few days.
I had the pleasure of casting his rod for ten minutes on the Shannon River and it added 10m to my cast! (including some very interesting casting tips from Martin).
H

Rennie

Reaction score
Henke,Stephen Fawcette in Lancashire I believe were CND stockist.
As far as B+W go for sunk line either the 16ft 9/10 Powerlite or if you want real power the 11 Powerlite.Not quite as tippy as the Norway range with a firmer through action ideal for rolling and lifting sunk lines,Fawcette deals B+W too, might make comparison easy?
ATB,Pedro.

Henke

Reaction score
Hi Pierre
If Hardy make a 15'1 they will have a line for it? Or am I wrong on that ?
Hello,

I had a 15' CND BV-GT. It's a very powerful rod to cast sinking lines and you won't be disappointed. I have sold it because I have also a Hardy Zenith 15'1 which, I think has the same power but is a better fishing rod in my opinion. The problem with these rods is to find the (heavy) lines or shooting heads to load them.

Pierre03

Reaction score
Hi,
Hardy very probably have lines for this rod but I don't use them. I use Nextcast Salar finder shooting heads in size 10/11 47 gr . This shooting head was also very good with the CND.

Henke

Reaction score
Hello Pierre
Yes I have also seen the Nextcast lines but do not know them.
From what I read they seem a bit like Rio Versitip - a bit of a combi between Scandi and skagit.

I must ( I am not proud of it) say that I do find the Nextcast range a bit difficult to understand . But I May be oldfashioned.
I will deffinately give them a thought. And I am sure they will be better than Hardys from what I have heard / Nextcast lines reputation.
Regards
Henke
Hi,
Hardy very probably have lines for this rod but I don't use them. I use Nextcast Salar finder shooting heads in size 10/11 47 gr . This shooting head was also very good with the CND.

Pierre03

Reaction score
Hello Henke,

I have no connexion with Nextcast but give them a try, if you can, you will not be disappointed.
On the beat where I fish in Norway, most of the fishermen use Nextcast lines. And all my friend, salmon fishermen, after they have tried my Nextcast.