Clyde Springer

old kipper

Reaction score
Get your grass cut man and leave the fish for us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cracking fish well done

oresteel

Reaction score
If that salmon in the picture was a steelhead, it would be fish of a lifetime (several lifetimes). What did it weigh? (so I can dream):)

the dipper

Reaction score
come on the clyde

over the last weeks its negative reports ,moans of poor spring fishing , c%r moans and opinions ,but take a look at the clyde ,not just this year but the last few years ,good consistant catches,for salmon ,sea trout and brownies ,but 25 years ago if you told somebody you caught a salmon at cambuslang,carmyle or blantyre you would have been laughed at ,below motherwell the clyde was a stinking sh** fed river ,dont think there was even a brownie below blantyre,,, the clyde was filthy ,,look at the river now springers on the fly .the middle reaches garrion bridge to hazelbank full of parr ,just wonder what the actual true catch returns have been over the last seasons of salmon ? possibly as good as if not better than some of the well known salmon rivers .,.It must be scotlands best success story . So whats its secret? is there a hatchery on it ,? do they put out fry ? or is it just down to the great guys that look after it and fish it ...25 -30 years ago the lower clyde was an industrial dumping ground its now on its way to be one of west of scotlands most productive fisheries. well do the clyde

Levenlad

Reaction score
Hi Dipper,when it comes to the Clyde there's a lot of different ideas about what's happened there but let me tell you about the funniest one I've heard....I was told that this explained both the decline of salmon in the Leven and the increase of salmon in the Clyde.....here goes...
The reason is this......the water pumping station on Loch Lomond has been supplying water to Glasgow,which in turn gets poured down the sink(in houses in Glasgow) and finds it's way down the sewers into the Clyde......the fish then smell this water coming from the Clyde and mistake it for the water from the Loch Lomond/Leven and follow the smell up the Clyde instead of going up the Leven (which is of course where they should have been going in the first place;)) so all the fish that are in the Clyde are actually river Leven Fish.:D........I know....I nearly fell over when I heard that One.....the water fae Loch Lomond actually supplies the East coast.

munro

Reaction score
Hi Dipper,when it comes to the Clyde there's a lot of different ideas about what's happened there but let me tell you about the funniest one I've heard....I was told that this explained both the decline of salmon in the Leven and the increase of salmon in the Clyde.....here goes...
The reason is this......the water pumping station on Loch Lomond has been supplying water to Glasgow,which in turn gets poured down the sink(in houses in Glasgow) and finds it's way down the sewers into the Clyde......the fish then smell this water coming from the Clyde and mistake it for the water from the Loch Lomond/Leven and follow the smell up the Clyde instead of going up the Leven (which is of course where they should have been going in the first place;)) so all the fish that are in the Clyde are actually river Leven Fish.:D........I know....I nearly fell over when I heard that One.....the water fae Loch Lomond actually supplies the East coast.
so we will be getting enhanced catches from your smolt programe

fishhead

Reaction score
I think they were talking pish! :D

clyde1

Reaction score
Maggie thatcher helped the clyde cause she closed all the main scottish industries the mining and the steel works ect so no bad s..t getting pumped into the river

KingFish1987

Reaction score
over the last weeks its negative reports ,moans of poor spring fishing , c%r moans and opinions ,but take a look at the clyde ,not just this year but the last few years ,good consistant catches,for salmon ,sea trout and brownies ,but 25 years ago if you told somebody you caught a salmon at cambuslang,carmyle or blantyre you would have been laughed at ,below motherwell the clyde was a stinking sh** fed river ,dont think there was even a brownie below blantyre,,, the clyde was filthy ,,look at the river now springers on the fly .the middle reaches garrion bridge to hazelbank full of parr ,just wonder what the actual true catch returns have been over the last seasons of salmon ? possibly as good as if not better than some of the well known salmon rivers .,.It must be scotlands best success story . So whats its secret? is there a hatchery on it ,? do they put out fry ? or is it just down to the great guys that look after it and fish it ...25 -30 years ago the lower clyde was an industrial dumping ground its now on its way to be one of west of scotlands most productive fisheries. well do the clyde
is there salmon that runs through cambuslang?? my girl stays there and ive never seen any 1 fish it i see it most of the time next to morrisons, then carmyle just down the road, would be great if there is salmon tht runs through cambuslang, how would u get a ticket on it?

gio

Reaction score
it would be a mid clyde ticket you need and yes ther are salmon that run through there. some streaches down there are tidel but it is wel worth a bash

KingFish1987

Reaction score
it would be a mid clyde ticket you need and yes ther are salmon that run through there. some streaches down there are tidel but it is wel worth a bash
sure is when ye never see any1 fish it, al prob need ti get ma arse in gear soon kingfish JNR is due soon so fish till he arrives lol :D