Climate Change

D

Deleted member 10733

I saw Greta on TV saying “don’t listen to me.......”
so I switched off‼️
And you started listening to the scientists too? She can only ask, but she's done a great job. She has got everyone's attention, even that of the haters.

Andrew B

Reaction score
And you started listening to the scientists too? She can only ask, but she's done a great job. She has got everyone's attention, even that of the haters.
Look I’m not saying she’s not sincere and I applaud her telling the worlds leaders how it is, she’s even said herself that she feels like she’s been used with world leaders fawning over her but seriously if you think a young child can just organically become entwined with world affairs without any back up........then I’m not really sure what to say other than we have different opinions?

I will try and find that dodgy email. Seem to remember it involved the pop star Rihanna?
For what it’s worth many start out with good intentions politicians inc but they often end up compromised and being used.
They made a ton of money off a child out of school. Not unlike BLM who made billions and have spent a penny on any poor marginalised people.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Weather is what you get on a day to day basis. Climate is the overall meteorlogical regime of an area or period. There have always been hot and cold years, wet summers, dry summers, mild winters and cold winters. Just as one cold winter doesn't disprove the planet is warming one hot summer doesn't prove it is.
However the ten warmest years on record (globally) have occurred since 1997 and this is more the sort of sustained phenomenon which indicates climate change.
The worlds climate has always been in a state of change so the fact that the planet is warming is not unusual except this particular episode seems to have man's mucky fingerprints all over it.

SP8
The warming is unusual since, from what I can make of the Solar Cycle, we should be cooling.

Secondly, amplification of climate change in the Arctic/ Polar regions ( salmon feeding areas ) via ablation change ( increase ) is unusual AG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10733

Look I’m not saying she’s not sincere and I applaud her telling the worlds leaders how it is, she’s even said herself that she feels like she’s been used with world leaders fawning over her but seriously if you think a young child can just organically become entwined with world affairs without any back up........then I’m not really sure what to say other than we have different opinions?

I will try and find that dodgy email. Seem to remember it involved the pop star Rihanna?
For what it’s worth many start out with good intentions politicians inc but they often end up compromised and being used.
They made a ton of money off a child out of school. Not unlike BLM who made billions and have spent a penny on any poor marginalised people.
I do not think she's letting any world leader use her. She is very aware of what is happening around her. And she does have a (very special) mind of her own. The father will explain, if you're interested. Did you know the "child" turned 18? You really should see the documentary. We can still have different opinions, no problem. I took an interest in her from the day she started her campaign, all by herself, and kept following the movement closely because the Belgian branch with Anuna De Wever and Kyra Gantois shook Brussels and its politicians. And the whole world took notice. The movement Greta started paved her path to the powers that be, nothing else, not her father, not her mother, no politicians, her movement did it. She could not be ignored, not by the press, not by the industries, by no-one. I can imagine you got quite a different picture of her with what your "press" told you, of course. Again, the documentary series show what happened and what she actually does. That is what counts for her and what she wants others to do: act. Simple. The BBC seems to agree.

keirross

Reaction score
Firefly, are you at it?! Have you really got any clue as to how Earth's heat engine actually works? Probably not. There's a bit of long-term records called CET dating from about 1660. Similarly, arctic polar ice extent. Get better clued up about submarine capabilities and whilst you might be at it, check the Holocene and carbon dioxide concentrations.

D

Deleted member 10733

Firefly, are you at it?! Have you really got any clue as to how Earth's heat engine actually works? Probably not. There's a bit of long-term records called CET dating from about 1660. Similarly, arctic polar ice extent. Get better clued up about submarine capabilities and whilst you might be at it, check the Holocene and carbon dioxide concentrations.
Is your location truly in a cooling North Atlantic... ? And I am at it? At what?

Andrew B

Reaction score
I do not think she's letting any world leader use her. She is very aware of what is happening around her. And she does have a (very special) mind of her own. The father will explain, if you're interested. Did you know the "child" turned 18? You really should see the documentary. We can still have different opinions, no problem. I took an interest in her from the day she started her campaign, all by herself, and kept following the movement closely because the Belgian branch with Anuna De Wever and Kyra Gantois shook Brussels and its politicians. And the whole world took notice. The movement Greta started paved her path to the powers that be, nothing else, not her father, not her mother, no politicians, her movement did it. She could not be ignored, not by the press, not by the industries, by no-one. I can imagine you got quite a different picture of her with what your "press" told you, of course. Again, the documentary series show what happened and what she actually does. That is what counts for her and what she wants others to do: act. Simple. The BBC seems to agree.
Oh well that’s good to hear that it genuinely came from her and like I said her blasting those in power was so admirable as they’ve done nothing to stop the destruction of rain forests ect.
I’m often amazed how there are folk who flat out deny climate change as just over the course of my life time (44yrs) I’ve been able to see so many changes?
Re the “press” as someone said to me the other day, there’s so much propaganda that it’s hard to fathom what’s true and what disingenuous?

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
I’m often amazed how there are folk who flat out deny climate change as just over the course of my life time (44yrs) I’ve been able to see so many changes?
Re the “press” as someone said to me the other day, there’s so much propaganda that it’s hard to fathom what’s true and what disingenuous?

To be fair, absolutely no one in their right mind would deny climate change occurs constantly: it's the normal state of Earth over the millenia and eons (see lots more of this thread, from Gotoneon's Winter daffies to the Greenland/Newfie Vikings!). Salmon evolution and distribution of course was, and is, driven by climate change.

The issue is more to do with the unproven AGW hypothesis and it's use as a politcal tool. Which is why they had to change the messaging from "AGW" to "CC" in the first place, in the vain hope noone spotted. But we did...

Far more important, and a far bigger threat for life on earth are human population increase and concomitant "development", more synchems and plastics poisoning (like Greta's favourite boat transports shed directly into the ocean), but you won't be hearing much about them from the Tesla-loving AGW-promoters anytime soon!

Last edited:

Andrew B

Reaction score
To be fair, absolutely no one in their right mind would deny climate change occurs constantly: it's the normal state of Earth over the millenia and eons (see lots more of this thread, from Gotoneon's Winter daffies to the Greenland/Newfie Vikings!). Salmon evolution and distribution of course was, and is, driven by climate change.

The issue is more to do with the unproven AGW hypothesis and it's use as a politcal tool. Which is why they had to change the messaging from "AGW" to "CC" in the first place, in the vain hope noone spotted. But we did...

Far more important, and a far bigger threat for life on earth are human population increase and concomitant "development", more synchems and plastics poisoning (like Greta's favourite boat transports shed directly into the ocean), but you won't be hearing much about them from the Tesla-loving AGW-promoters anytime soon!
Oh for sure Seeking. I mean just to think about the winters they had in say.....Shakespeare’s day which was way before mankind could have any industrial impact on the earth does suggest there’s always been natural changes in climate.
My take is the ability to ruin and pollute the earth on a scale that’s never been known, whilst the usual suspects like bloody Joe Biden who the BBC have been trying to prop up tonight, have been on government for 50yrs and have the Gaul to actually speak as if they are gonna do anything other than print more trillions for the usual suspects.

It’s like the Covid thing Seeking. I’ve lost count how many times Nancy Pelosi and her husband have put down tens of millions on all things Covid related, using Pelosi's inside knowledge which by the way is highly illegal.
We live in a post truth society and any doubters only need to view the video of the CNN high up caught on camera admitting that Covid and Climate change are both linked in their “fear based propaganda”. Need we say more when the BBC runs the exact same news as CNN.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Oh for sure Seeking. I mean just to think about the winters they had in say.....Shakespeare’s day which was way before mankind could have any industrial impact on the earth does suggest there’s always been natural changes in climate.
My take is the ability to ruin and pollute the earth on a scale that’s never been known, whilst the usual suspects like bloody Joe Biden who the BBC have been trying to prop up tonight, have been on government for 50yrs and have the Gaul to actually speak as if they are gonna do anything other than print more trillions for the usual suspects.

It’s like the Covid thing Seeking. I’ve lost count how many times Nancy Pelosi and her husband have put down tens of millions on all things Covid related, using Pelosi's inside knowledge which by the way is highly illegal.
We live in a post truth society and any doubters only need to view the video of the CNN high up caught on camera admitting that Covid and Climate change are both linked in their “fear based propaganda”. Need we say more when the BBC runs the exact same news as CNN.
I suggest the difference is RUNAWAY climate change.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)

Aye, agreed.

Basically I'm not sure anything nowadays comes close to the total and utter change, let's call it by it's proper name: RUNAWAY climate change, the continents experienced during the Loch Lomond Re-Advance (documented above), delta-32 degrees C in a millenium or two, pre-any anthropogenic CO2 contributions...

Still, as you note there's money in all this stuff...

Last edited:

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Good job there‘s a Doctor Who Master in his kiosk - how do we spell Tardis Master ?

Last edited:

keirross

Reaction score

Far more important, and a far bigger threat for life on earth are human population increase and concomitant "development", more synchems and plastics poisoning (like Greta's favourite boat transports shed directly into the ocean), but you won't be hearing much about them from the Tesla-loving AGW-promoters anyt

I suggest the difference is RUNAWAY climate

80% including the' large diesel' I drive for business!:D

Admittedly I haven't flown as much as usual this year....so that probably helped!:p

Has anyone else read the 'tips' section?

Christ what a load of boll''cks! Erm how am I supposed to car pool to go and see individual customers of mine...or by bus when I can do 80 miles a day in all directions.

Home...I've done everything possible to insulate my granite property....including having much of it back to bare stone and insulated. I bet I'm in a minute minority who's done that to this type of property.:rolleyes:
You should be properly damned for discourse reasons! All best to North Esk at Kinnaber! Some beat...
Aye, agreed.

Basically I'm not sure anything nowadays comes close to the total and utter change, let's call it by it's proper name: RUNAWAY climate change the continents experienced during the Loch Lomond Re-Advance (documented above), delta-32 degrees C in a millenium or two, pre-any anthropogenic CO2 contributions...

Still, as you note there's money in all this stuff...
Haha, great to see a mention of the LLRA. About four years ago I pulled in to a farm just off Stirling with a visioned view to possibly maybe source some whale bones. It was a big field of about 200 acres and recently ploughed. I'd known beforehand that the local museum displayed ribs of genuine blue whale stock complete with the big vertebrae removed from about Causewayhead. Didn't find anything at all despite hours of looking. There's loads of similar stuff scattered about Forth Estuary but difficult to find unless one has a boat! Best regards to you, S!

Woodsy

Reaction score
Another thread full of complete 💩 full of conspiracy theorists denying the obvious

Can we have this moved to the NON FISHING section as very little is actually relevant to salmon fishing

In fact...maybe we should create a new separate forum section ...maybe call it the flat earth brigade?

@Editor @Hardyreels please 🙏

D

Deleted member 10733

Yes, I'm just below the Ochils. Check AMO and PDO and solar for details. Lots of northern wind c/o loopy jetstreams currently.
Yes, northern winds here too, over half of the continent. Jetstream does funny things, as does the gulfstream. Seen any mackerel lately?

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Another thread full of complete 💩 full of conspiracy theorists denying the obvious

Can we have this moved to the NON FISHING section as very little is actually relevant to salmon fishing

In fact...maybe we should create a new separate forum section ...maybe call it the flat earth brigade?

@Editor @Hardyreels please 🙏
In fact, regretfully, nothing could be more relevant to salmon fishing as Seeking indicates above. If you’d looked at river levels this month, it would be obvious, roughly 5 consecutive dry Aprils, on the East Coast at least. You don’t, of course, need to tune into this station. AG

Last edited:

Woodsy

Reaction score
In fact, regretfully, nothing could be more relevant to salmon fishing as Seeking indicates above. If you’d looked at river levels this month, it would be obvious, roughly 5 consecutive dry Aprils, on the East Coast at least. You don’t, of course, need to tune into this station. AG
I don't disagree with massive impact climate change has on salmon, particularly the impacts it has when smolts leave for sea.

The point is that this thread isn't really focusing on the salmon anymore.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
I don't disagree with massive impact climate change has on salmon, particularly the impacts it has when smolts leave for sea.

Well, some of us are using general Climate Change issues to have eg abstraction and pollution reduced for increased up-river Parr survival so you have smolts at all. Neither are these 2 problems are strictly about salmon fishing are they but they feature on the Wye posts continually ? I would urge you to be patient and maybe originate some new ideas. Thanks for replying.

Roag Fisher

Reaction score

Even NS agree with Seeking

The piddly wee changes in climate at the moment pale into insignificance.
If only the climate change mob had mounted a campaign to clean up the planet,,,,

Royal Game

Reaction score
Possibly this isn't the thread for this, however watched the parliamentary debate on water companies dumping raw sewage into rivers. Although this predominantly focusses on the Environment Agency, I suspect that up here SEPA would be equally ineffective.

I was really impressed by Fearghal Sharkey, and although I knew he was an angler and environmentalist, enjoyed listening to him. Some other very good points raised by others as well.

Parliamentlive.tv - Environmental Audit Committee

I was aware of some of what went on, especially in Hampshire, but really didn't understand how widespread the untreated sewage discharge into the rivers actually was.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Possibly this isn't the thread for this, however watched the parliamentary debate on water companies dumping raw sewage into rivers. Although this predominantly focusses on the Environment Agency, I suspect that up here SEPA would be equally ineffective.

I was really impressed by Fearghal Sharkey, and although I knew he was an angler and environmentalist, enjoyed listening to him. Some other very good points raised by others as well.

Parliamentlive.tv - Environmental Audit Committee

I was aware of some of what went on, especially in Hampshire, but really didn't understand how widespread the untreated sewage discharge into the rivers actually was.
There’s a clear aggravation of pollution and abstraction by Climate Change since CC reduces flow naturally, abstraction does artificially and pollution load per cubic metre of water is increased. So the issues cannot be separated.

On the Southern issues: Countryfile interviewed an EA senior executive, you may have seen it, he said, paraphrasing: “ do you want me to leave Londoners thirsty “. The EA are the whipping boys really. This is lack of investment and a cost of uncontrolled immigration. Just wait, all spare Northern Water will soon go South. AG