Classic Sunray Shadow

SnapT14

Reaction score
I love tying on them. They fish well too and have just enough weight in them to assist casting, and they also get down a bit, so fish very well on a floating line. All my sunray type flies are tied on them.

Karl-K

Reaction score
I tied a couple of Sunday’s on them earlier this year, they winkled a couple out of the Spey in September when nothing else was getting any interest

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Much more sleek than what I've tied and now I'm inspired to clean my own up a bit.

Loxie

Reaction score
I like to tie mine on plastic and fish them waking in one form or another, but I like the profile on the needle tube.

Silverdream

Reaction score
Snap T have great lookin Sunrays.

Here´s few from my fishing box, used ones. Upper most is per original recipe on clear plastic tube, white tip Squirrel under, Monkey on the top and few Herls between them.
Second and third ones are tied with same recipe, but I like to tie white tip Squirrel under the tube also.
Absolutely great fishing fly...

sunrays.jpgsunray_under.jpg

Loxie

Reaction score
I like Polar Bear underwing then a bit of mild flash in the form of Kystalhair in dark green which replaces the peacock herl, then Monkey on top.

Loxie

Reaction score
Nicely dressed flies Gents. These are an exciting searching pattern that can provoke a taker. What are your favourite ways to fish it?
I like to high stick it or hitch it. I will occasionally pull it but it's dreary work until you get a take. I have caught conventionally swinging it and that can sometimes be just the job if a fish has moved and refused a faster presentation. I've tried dead drifting one but, as yet, that's the only way I've not caught with one.