Chest Waders

barbonboy

Reaction score
Looking to replace my leaking chest waders. I'm after a pair of breathable, stocking foot, most important ZIPPED waders. Any recommendations.??
Thanks in advance..

Beel

Reaction score
Get in touch with Diver Dave, I am in the same position as you and have ordered a pair of Vision Koski Zip, brand new and seam-sealed and tested for less than RRP.

SS1963

Reaction score
Get in touch with Diver Dave, I am in the same position as you and have ordered a pair of Vision Koski Zip, brand new and seam-sealed and tested for less than RRP.
As above..... Just ordered yesterday. Had waders from him before with no issues at all

chriswjx

Reaction score
Another +1 from me for Diver dave. Got a pair of vision koskis for a fair bit under what Amy other retailer has them for.

budge

Reaction score
Another +1 from me for Diver dave. Got a pair of vision koskis for a fair bit under what Amy other retailer has them for.
Ditto here, bought my 2nd pair off Dave at start of this season.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

budge

Reaction score
I think a lot of goods are in short supply, I work in construction industry and we are facing a lot of shortages at present, I'm sure fishing tackle and accessories is no different.
Seems anything imported is a struggle to get hold of at present. I had a recall notice on my motorbike in January and still waiting for the part to arrive. Luckily it is still safe to ride at present.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Horsbrugh

Reaction score

Petekd

Reaction score

paddymc

Reaction score
Can you please let me know what the sizing is like on these.

I am wearing LK Redington sonics and wondered what the equivalent Hodgman would be as I have heard they are very big for their sizing.

Horsbrugh

Reaction score

I am wearing LK Redington sonics and wondered what the equivalent Hodgman would be as I have heard they are very big for their sizing.

I have previously owned a pair of Simms G3’s in Large King. I am 6ft, 15.5stone with 48” chest. I ordered the Large King in the Hodgmans and would agree that they are sized a bit bigger, as I certainly have plenty room in both girth and leg length and could probably have got away with slightly smaller size but I prefer to have plenty room and I do not feel restricted in any way while wearing them. While a closer fitting wader might look more stylish I do think that too streamlined a fit just puts too much stress on the seams when you kneel down or bend over.

paddymc

Reaction score
I have previously owned a pair of Simms G3’s in Large King. I am 6ft, 15.5stone with 48” chest. I ordered the Large King in the Hodgmans and would agree that they are sized a bit bigger, as I certainly have plenty room in both girth and leg length and could probably have got away with slightly smaller size but I prefer to have plenty room and I do not feel restricted in any way while wearing them. While a closer fitting wader might look more stylish I do think that too streamlined a fit just puts too much stress on the seams when you kneel down or bend over.
Thanks Horsbrugh.

I am 5’11”, 14.5 stone and 45“ chest. I really like the sizing of the LK reddingtons as they give me good room to put stuff down inside the top of the waders, but it sounds like the same size in hodgman will be too big for me.

Thanks again (y)

RUSH

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of these the other day. Not tried them in the water yet but 1st impressions are very good. They appear very well made and the fabric is every bit as heavy duty as the top end Simms. A friend has the same model but the non zip version and he is very happy with them.
I bought large king kenny but may have got away with med king I wanted a bit more room to get my jacket inside on the good days I’ve had them on once and they were fine,I agree with what you say they feel good quality I suppose time will tell on that one

RUSH

Reaction score

I’m much the same as horsburgh and as I said to I may have got away with mk rather than the lk I bought

Petekd

Reaction score
I’m 6’1, 16 stone and the XL is very roomy, I’ve a feeling the L would have been too restrictive though. I have to say I’m highly impressed with the quality on initial examination.

Night Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks Horsbrugh.

I am 5’11”, 14.5 stone and 45“ chest. I really like the sizing of the LK reddingtons as they give me good room to put stuff down inside the top of the waders, but it sounds like the same size in hodgman will be too big for me.

Thanks again (y)
Yes, I think the LK in the Hodgman will be too big for you. I purchased the Large zipped Hodgman from the Glasgow Angling sale for £200 and they are really nice waders with zero leaks thus far. I'm 6' and 15 stone so the large may be the right fit for you.
Hope this helps.

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Vision Koski Zip, a good balance between price and performance. Most durability issues with waders are user related.

Twp pairs of Vision Ikons have lasted me for 17 seasons, including combat trout fishing. Periodic servicing by Diver Dave. Very happy user.