Cheats

Hemmy

Reaction score
Mmembers of the team and apparently management have brought Australian cricket to its knees........blatant premeditated cheating has been admitted......all those involved should be sacked and banned........this could have serious consequences for the future of the Ashes and test cricket in general. Very disappointing

luney

Reaction score
Mmembers of the team and apparently management have brought Australian cricket to its knees........blatant premeditated cheating has been admitted......all those involved should be sacked and banned........this could have serious consequences for the future of the Ashes and test cricket in general. Very disappointing

I think you'll need the water to warm up a bit before you'll get a rise to that.:lol::lol:

Loxie

Reaction score

I thought Smith's attitude was appalling.

dave167mcd

Reaction score
In my view, this ranks up there with match fixing. If the authorities do not act decisively then it will encourage more cheating. In the past three match bans issued but that was before the match fixing days and for the integrity of the game and in particular test cricket, strong examples need to be made

Piker20

Reaction score
Let all teams use whatever they want To Tamper With The ball, change to new balls every 5 overs and dont allow batters to wear helmets. they'll soon police themselves.

Pollowick

Reaction score
I wonder if England back room staff and teh British media are going through every second of footage from the Ashes looking for anything suspicious.

If it was being done with full knowledge of the Captain and Vice- then it is almost certainly not the first time ...

Let them find suspicious activity in the Ashes and get the results annulled.

ozzyian

Reaction score
I thought Smith's attitude was appalling.

It's been a trend unfortunately in sports in general - just a total lack of humility, almost like was apologising for getting caught. That Warner must be about the the most odious character in cricket, between him and Smith it should mean the end of their careers. Anyway apparently the Aussie PM is now involved!

ozzyian

Reaction score
I wonder if England back room staff and teh British media are going through every second of footage from the Ashes looking for anything suspicious.

If it was being done with full knowledge of the Captain and Vice- then it is almost certainly not the first time ...

It's a game of very close observation , I really don't think you can get away with anything much anyway - which makes this episode even dumber than it should be.

luney

Reaction score
Am i the only one seeing this for what it is? "Ball tampering has been going on since forever, the biggest crime is getting caught" this was statement from one of the writers of Wisdens Almanac
There was I seem to remember a bowler from these shores being scrutinized for alledged similar offences. Cricket is no different than any other sport trying to gain an advantage. The days of it being beyond reproach for sportsmanship are long gone.

Loxie

Reaction score
It's been a trend unfortunately in sports in general - just a total lack of humility, almost like was apologising for getting caught. That Warner must be about the the most odious character in cricket, between him and Smith it should mean the end of their careers. Anyway apparently the Aussie PM is now involved!

There should be serious penalties, significant player bans and very large fines, in order to deter this sort of thing. The fact that they admit deliberate cheating but Smith doesn't think he should even step down as captain shows how seriously they think it should be taken.

Handel

Reaction score

And if they can't find any that really will put our woeful performance in context........Australia didn't find it necessary.

Taddy

Banned
Reaction score
In my view, this ranks up there with match fixing. If the authorities do not act decisively then it will encourage more cheating. In the past three match bans issued but that was before the match fixing days and for the integrity of the game and in particular test cricket, strong examples need to be made

The thang is though cheating goes on everywhere everyday in all walks of life...sounds like this lot have been caught...cheats only cheat them selves and kid others.

PETEY

Reaction score
Very similar. He tried to alter the aerodynamics of the ball making it rough on one side, thereby increasing drag on that side during flight.

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Watching Aussies crying on tele, priceless, makes you wonder just what has gone before, no sport is immune from cheats, anything for an edge, however small, just human nature i suppose?
peter

keirstream

Reaction score
As for Maradona, he became a legend in many a Scots eye's :D

And rightly so Bill, rightly so.:nod:
If we Scots still had the right to knight deserved heroes in their pursuit of our great nation's cause, then he would surely have become Sir Diego of The Barras.
I still drink to his (albeit failing) health yet.
A true Scots legend (along with your usual suspects):):)

Hemmy

Reaction score
If we Scots still had the right to knight deserved heroes in their pursuit of our great nation's cause, then he would surely have become Sir Diego of The Barras.

Aye a true Scots legend......overweight,cantankerous,ignorant and addicted to everything available.....what a hero....eh ?;):eek::D:D:D:lol::lol:
Another wee crankie who would fit in well at Holyrood.......:lol::lol:
I think your proud nation have more worthy legends and champions.....slange

westie4566

Reaction score
The sad, bottom line is that cheats and liars exist everywhere in life, even on here. It's just part of human nature.

Thankfully, usually karma get's them all on in the end.:D

Loxie

Reaction score

Diego the cheating ****?

Last edited:

ozzyian

Reaction score
A pretty horrendous tour, to get caught cheating meh - not great. To lose the sledging is unforgivable for an Aussie cricket team but to cap it all to be filmed blubbing on the news, holy s**t, that's a whole new low. Even Boof Lehmans had enough and jacked it in, what must the likes of David Boon and Merv Hughes be thinking?