Cheap Samon Net.

masterbaiter889

Reaction score
Hi all i'm not sure if such a thing is out there but im looking for a cheap salmon net. I bought a net from the net thinking it would be ok but being new to the salmon fishing i had no idea the size of these fish out the rivers till i seen one getting landed on saturday.

I have had a look in the local angling centre today but the guy seemed set on selling me a net at £100. I am not saying i wouldn't pay this if i had to but if there is a much cheaper option out there i would rather buy that, i may as well face the fact i'm not going to be netting Salmon every week.

I don't usually skimp on my kit and buy the best i can afford but i can't see £100 in a net.

Cheers.

McPisces

Reaction score
Deveron is spot on!
I have a Sharpes Aquarex 24" which I got 4 years ago for just over £50 and has been an excellent purchase which has so far (touch wood etc!) not let me down!

RUSH

Reaction score
i've had the daiwa net for 3 seasons now good net only downside is the locating button great net for the money thou

silverscotland

Reaction score
another vote for the daiwa net at £20 its superb value for money and as light as a feather ive had two as i left one at a loch side last year as i carry one when pike fly fishing i had a 15ibs fish in it no problem

OliverJameson

Reaction score
Hi all i'm not sure if such a thing is out there but im looking for a cheap salmon net. I bought a net from the net thinking it would be ok but being new to the salmon fishing i had no idea the size of these fish out the rivers till i seen one getting landed on saturday.

I have had a look in the local angling centre today but the guy seemed set on selling me a net at £100. I am not saying i wouldn't pay this if i had to but if there is a much cheaper option out there i would rather buy that, i may as well face the fact i'm not going to be netting Salmon every week.

I don't usually skimp on my kit and buy the best i can afford but i can't see £100 in a net.

Cheers.
Salmon is a pretty strong fish, and as far as I know, it can easily break a cheap net. I would not skimp on this.

Saint Andrews

Reaction score
Salmon is a pretty strong fish, and as far as I know, it can easily break a cheap net. I would not skimp on this.

I'd agree with this, we are all willing to pay small fortunes on rods, reels, lines, rivers,beats, permits, membership yet some want to scrimp on the important bits of kit. My late Grandfather thought me the same, he had an old friend who lost a fish of a life time when it bent a cheap net, ripped the netting and fell back into the river. Fish set off again with line through hoop of net and snapped him. Same for those who rather go for cheap hooks and leader material. It's not often you hook good fish, you pay a lot to get to that point so maximise your chances and pay that few extra quid for quality terminal tackle and landing aids!

MCXFisher

Reaction score
the snowbee gye net is a good net at 40 pounds :cool:
Another strong vote for the Snowbee Gye. I've had mine for 20 years; replaced the mesh after 12; still perfectly serviceable. It's incredibly simple to extend single-handed and operate, robust (made of steel) and has a good sling (which you can improve by sticking a length of bike inner tube onto the shoulder area). At 24" diameter it can net most salmon (3 over 20) without mishap.