Century Stealth 15ftr

Salty_Minnow

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new 15ft set up. Something lightweight and something i can put a lighter reel on to. Up to now i have used old bruce and walker powerlites, kolas, hardy favourites etc etc obviously it takes a heavy reel to balance these rod out as well and by the finish of a days fishing i am beginning the feel the strain.

I like fishing with spey lines i generally carry carrons from 55-85 feet.
I have narrowed my search down to the Century Stealth 15ftr. Is it worth getting the 5 piece DB are just getting the 4 piece "deep and Progessive" I do use sunken shooting heads from time to time where having the faster butt section may make things easier? and the faster action maybe more similar to rods ive fished with in the past in any case? If anyone has tried these rods and can tell me a little bit about them it would be great appreciated.

speers

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new 15ft set up. Something lightweight and something i can put a lighter reel on to. Up to now i have used old bruce and walker powerlites, kolas, hardy favourites etc etc obviously it takes a heavy reel to balance these rod out as well and by the finish of a days fishing i am beginning the feel the strain.

I like fishing with spey lines i generally carry carrons from 55-85 feet.
I have narrowed my search down to the Century Stealth 15ftr. Is it worth getting the 5 piece DB are just getting the 4 piece "deep and Progessive" I do use sunken shooting heads from time to time where having the faster butt section may make things easier? and the faster action maybe more similar to rods ive fished with in the past in any case? If anyone has tried these rods and can tell me a little bit about them it would be great appreciated.

I am selling my 14 db if you are interested, i will get it out tonight and have a look at it and then sort a price out.
This is the best rod i have ever owned, and I have had a lot of rods over my fishing career. Its taken me a long time to decide to sell all of my big rods, and I really haven't wanted to , but the simple fact is my elbow plays up so much now i struggle to cast a double hander for any length of time.
regards.
speers