Century Stealth 13ft 8/9/10

pendejo

Reaction score
I recently purchased the above rod and thought I would put my thoughts down here on the forum.

I received very helpful guidance from Springer about this rod and the people at Century were very up front and answered all my questions before purchase. It took about a week for me to receive the rod after ordering.

My first impressions were extremely positive. The rod was packaged well for transit and the attention to detail on the build itself was great with the handle, wraps and epoxy work being first class.

As I write this I have probably fished about 25 days with this rod since I bought it. It took me a couple of trips to dial in the correct weight for the adjustable balance system but this process was pretty simple.

I fish shooting heads and my preferred models are the Guideline RTG 9/10 models with Rio 10 ft polyleaders. The rod handles them all really well starting with a S3/S4 head at the beginning of May and gradually going up the sink rates as the water dropped. I have recently switched to using the F/S1 version and this is a great marriage. The rod really comes alive with this head and since this line is what I probably fish with 90% of the year then I am very happy about this.

I had a really positive experience dealing with Century and will consider them again for my next rod purchase. So that's it. A brief but honest review of this rod.

Springer

Reaction score
Sorry I never saw this until now, glad you like the rod.

I see these were first impressions, what are your thoughts now a year later?

pendejo

Reaction score
Sorry I never saw this until now!

My opinion of this rod has only got better to be honest. I have now fished it for 2 whole seasons and it is the rod I always reach for. My other rods have now become loaners or back-ups. In my hands it does what I want it too and does that with ease. I am really happy I bought it.

scottyboy9nro

Reaction score
All likely bigger than where i fish on the Earn

reason i ask is a had fallen out with big rods mostly used a single hander but used the 15 signature in a howling upstream gale in a big open pool and it flew a line out easy peasy wih a double spey had to go easy on it or it was hookin the far bank, is a problem when u hav overhangs but the 12ft or single hander is perfect for these. A do reckon a need to start takin 2 rods and for me thats a hassle

bankwheel

Reaction score
How would you describe the action of the 13 footer, I know this is difficult but would you say it was fast or more of a through action?

Grilse Boy

Reaction score
All likely bigger than where i fish on the Earn

reason i ask is a had fallen out with big rods mostly used a single hander but used the 15 signature in a howling upstream gale in a big open pool and it flew a line out easy peasy wih a double spey had to go easy on it or it was hookin the far bank, is a problem when u hav overhangs but the 12ft or single hander is perfect for these. A do reckon a need to start takin 2 rods and for me thats a hassle

Hi scottyboy I fish up in Callander with it as well I use a shooting head and if you want it cast just the head it is also nice to use I don't carry 2 rods mate

Springer

Reaction score
You dont see many of these in the classifieds, what is your go to rod for the uk al? say the tyne n tay etc?

Sorry Scotty Ive just seen this.

I use this rod which was a progression from my work with Century because I wanted to fish with something that didnt give tackle companies free advertising.

http://www.salmonfishingforum.com/forums/thread29623.html

It doesnt look quite so good now as it must have landed somewhere between 200-300 fish by now and has never missed a beat!

As for the 13' Century Stealth - I could fish any salmon river in the world with it.

riverwhy

Reaction score
It doesnt look quite so good now as it must have landed somewhere between 200-300 fish by now and has never missed a beat!

gulp! :eek: makes my one fish every other year look a bit sick..

thumbs up for century though.. don't have any of their fly-rods but my NG carp rods are spot on.. finished beautifully by Martin Cloke who some of you may know :)

Jock

Reaction score
Good choice, best alrounder I've ever cast. Yes the 12'9", 14' and 15' are all great rods but this is my favourite and can be used on any size of river and handles Spey lines and shooting heads equally well.:)

ibm59

Reaction score
Was using mine this afternoon.
The more I use it , the more I like it.:)