Century Rods

Brian Whitelaw

Banned
Reaction score
Alan [Springer] on the lead up to the launch of the new range of rods i assumed that you were a major player in not only the design of these rods, but part of the whole 'package'........as in sales, after service.....but it almost seems that you have dropped by the wayside recently regarding these rods

May i please ask, other than playing a part in the design of these rods, what part do you play in the Century Company?

Brian

Last edited:

Springer

Reaction score
Very observant of you Brian. Maybe a discreet PM would have been more appropriate but since you have asked so publicly, here goes.

You are right, I played a major part in the Century Game project. I designed everything from the rod actions to the overall appearance, composite cork handle, ABC system and the concept of the 'Double Butt' or DB option.

I also wrote the majority of the website content and again the overall look and feel of the site was mainly down to me. I spent 2yrs working with Century from initial design brief to launch and beyond.

After much consideration on my part I decided that as from 1st September 2010 it would best suit my own business interests to move forward independently of any relationship with Century. Our friendship still remains and I wish them well with what is proving to be a very popular new model line for them.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
Thanks for the update Alan. IMHO you should be proud of what you achieved there. Commitment and drive, getting a project off the ground, good business acumen etc. :cool:

...After much consideration on my part I decided that as from 1st September 2010 it would best suit my own business interests to move forward independently of any relationship with Century. Our friendship still remains and I wish them well with what is proving to be a very popular new model line for them.

Please put me down for the first off the production line when you do a 10' or 11 foot 8/9/10-weight double hander (can I copyright "poker":D) that's as good as the 13' Stealth! :D