Celtic spey challenge 2018

paddymc

Reaction score
Anyone got any info on results from this or any links ?

minitube

Reaction score
it was won by Tommy Arkvisla. Gier Hansen set a new word record of 61.5 metres in qualifying. Norwegians were once again dominant as last year. Don't know the full details or placings myself yet.

wetwader

Reaction score
Good old times for UK gentlemen and their ladies in the early days of discovering Norwegian rivers, when most of the Norwegians were worm fishing? You showed them how to do? I joined the game much later. And now they are casting everybody out.
But joking apart, this Tommy Arkvisla is really an exceptional caster, like many of the Norwegians.

skyhook

Reaction score
it was won by Tommy Arkvisla. Gier Hansen set a new word record of 61.5 metres in qualifying. Norwegians were once again dominant as last year. Don't know the full details or placings myself yet.

That's amazing, I called in last year to watch for a bit. It's held at the bottom pond in the Waterworks in North Belfast. It is perfect for the event as lake bed is level and loads of room. Not as fancy as San Fran but I see the casting pools are not long enough, where the Waterworks has loads of space.