Celtic Sea Trout Project Technical Report

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun
I am going to start with the executive sumary i think

That's normally how they like you to operate.

;)IME Exec Summaries are often what they want you to read rather than what the extensive data shows if you look at it with an unbiassed eye...

In this case the ES appears to lend more weight to gobbledygook genetix and a baseline that signifies little, rather than the real world of LA-ICPMS (which appears to support, shock horror, that ST are straying mongrel barstewards as well), the correction of catch data by declining rod effort is not mentioned and there's narry a mention of sea lice and aquaculture... WTF

More EU cobblers :mad:

All IMHO and could be totally wrong mind.

S

Seamus O'Neill

Publication by IFI on their website last Friday.

Pity the hard work and dedication of sea trout anglers was not mentioned. Anglers who took scale samples of every sea trout caught for 2 years and sent them to the scientists. Without this effort the project would not have been a success.

However in relation to our concerned Ministers:

Sean Kyne TD, Minister with responsibility for Inland Fisheries said, “I particularly welcome this report and the exemplary collaboration between Irish researchers at Inland Fisheries Ireland and other bodies and their international counterparts.* The research has resulted in a better understanding of the Sea Trout stocks in the Irish and Celtic seas and this will underpin logical and well-informed decisions on the management requirements that are needed to safeguard these stocks into the future and to ensure the maximum social and economic contribution is secured”.

On the other side of the country a statement from Minister Creed in relation to Fish Farms -

I would like to thank Mary Moylan, Ken Whelan and Lorcán Ó Cinnéide for agreeing to serve on the Review Group and I look forward to their recommendations on what we need to change to give this sector a reliable, sustainable, effective decision-making foundation so that we can harness its full potential.”

and most us think that Trump has a screw loose !!!!!!!!!!!!!