Celebrities‼️

ian74

Reaction score
CBBBF4C6-2298-4C2E-BD22-131CEAD33A0B.jpeg

midgydug

Reaction score
That will be dramatised to death.
The Icelandic programme was like an episode of the deadliest catch.
Two weeks of hardship in Iceland to catch a Salmon, what a tough job.
If they can't catch fish up there they should give up

Andrew B

Reaction score
I know a few members did something similar this last season on the Dee in pretty awful weather if I recall?
Salmon aside I’d of thought late June would be prime time for sea trout on the Dee so if these beats allow fishing all night as part of 24hrs I couldn’t think of a nice place to be.

midgydug

Reaction score
Been better with Paul Whitehouse.
He is more of a passionate salmon angler and fished the Dee for years

Andrew B

Reaction score
Unrelated to the Dee but I seen an interview with another huge celebrity who fishes the other day. Eric Clapton talking about his sobriety. He had it real bad and the final straw was him fishing the test absolutely blasted and falling over and smashed his rods with fellow anglers onlooking.
I thought that was kinda cool as it speaks al lot for our sport and how we respect it. These celebrities do respect it imo

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
Unrelated to the Dee but I seen an interview with another huge celebrity who fishes the other day. Eric Clapton talking about his sobriety. He had it real bad and the final straw was him fishing the test absolutely blasted and falling over and smashed his rods with fellow anglers onlooking.
I thought that was kinda cool as it speaks al lot for our sport and how we respect it. These celebrities do respect i
I thought that was kinda cool as it speaks al lot for our sport and how we respect it. These celebrities do respect it imo

Eric had a rod at Compton just below King's Somborne (probably still does). When I say "a rod" he had all of the estate rods on a Sunday each week and could fish wherever he wanted on any beat he wanted in complete privacy. In my opinion it is one of the nicest parts of the river with each beat different. On the occasion I met him there he was a picture of sobriety and one of the warmest and humblest "celebs" I have ever met. A shooting friend of mine has been on salmon trips to Iceland with him and would say the same thing.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Eric had a rod at Compton just below King's Somborne (probably still does). When I say "a rod" he had all of the estate rods on a Sunday each week and could fish wherever he wanted on any beat he wanted in complete privacy. In my opinion it is one of the nicest parts of the river with each beat different. On the occasion I met him there he was a picture of sobriety and one of the warmest and humblest "celebs" I have ever met. A shooting friend of mine has been on salmon trips to Iceland with him and would say the same thing.
Yeah I can believe this. For all of past, being compared to God, made some bad choices, which all caught up with him, he considers himself lucky that he always had Angling as a saviour. Good ambassador for Angling and has not been afraid of speaking his mind over certain madates