Carrying Worms When Fishing

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here uses a cloth bag to carry worms when out on the river? I tend to use a snowbee worm box which clips to my belt but find it a bit of a fiddle sometimes in use. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

riffled hitch

Reaction score
It's been a while since I used the old wriggler but I kept them in the misus old bumbag which no longer fits round my waste

Piker20

Reaction score
I've been carrying a baitbox but it's a pain. Was thinking of using a wading pouch that I used to use to hi old maggots

fishpond

Reaction score
When I went upstream worming many moons ago I was being shown the ropes by a ghillie who kept his worms in moss in an old cut away hot water bottle on a long lanyard round his neck - looked weird but worked very well especially when you are wading as no box to open!

Tight lines

Richard

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Rennie

Reaction score
Yup, maggot bag, couple of quid from a coarse fishing tackle shop.If the wife is handy with the old sowing lark(or indeed if you yourself are!) soon knock up a custom one for your own needs!
Pedro.

Chicharito

Reaction score
I use a baitbox tucked under my arm if fishing alone. Otherwise my manservant carries them for me along with all the other necessary paraphernalia required for a day's fishing.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Either a small bait tub with 20 or so worms in (for a half day session) or the old draw string money bags from the bank hung around my neck.

Won't be needed next year thanks to the new bye-laws on welsh rivers. :(

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I like the idea of having a bag hanging around the neck, very easy to access. I think I'll task the FPO with knocking one up.

Tight lines!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Saint Andrews

Reaction score
When I did a lot of worming I used to use nothing but cloth bags on a strap round my neck, the old cloth money bags banks use (used) were the best. So much easier than tubs. Lasted ages though did stink after a while.

Fished the Moy this year and wormed hard for the first time in a long time and used the same, took me back.

Fruinfisher

Reaction score
The cloth bags are good for holding maggots when out for the grayling - just don’t get them wet.

ddave07

Reaction score
I used to Metal Detect, and I use one of the bits you get from the metal detecting world for worm fishing. I use a Garrett Finds Pouch to carry my bait. Built onto its own belt, Bomb proof, have zip closures (not fiddly but proper ones) and make carrying bait around a doddle :)

DD