Care home vaccine refusers.

Ypres

Reaction score
Why are so many care home workers willing to lose their job rather than get vaccinated? Everyone I know has been eager to get vaccinated twice and get their booster where eligible. Refusal seems incomprehensible. I begin to wonder if there is a racial, religious or educational, or lack of, behind the refusal. Anyone capable of shedding light on this?

Last edited:

Rrrr

Reaction score
I can see the argument for those that are young, fit and healthy choosing not to have it but when your decisions risk the health of others that arent so lucky then i have an issue with it.

The way i looked at the jab was like a seatbelt in the car. Itl not stop the crash but may keep you alive and that was enough for me to get it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Wee-Eck

Reaction score
Why are so many care home workers willing to lose their job rather than get vaccinated? Everyone I know has been eager to get vaccinated twice and get their booster where eligible. Refusal seems incomprehensible. I begin to wonder if their is a racial, religious or educational, or lack of, behind the refusal. Anyone capable of shedding light on this?
Maybe they know something you don't.

mows

Reaction score
Why would the younger ones need a vaccine for a virus that probably wont have any serious effect on them. Not stop them catching it.and not stop them spreading it.
Especially when the vulnerable will have had 3 doses by then and as such, fully protected according to the scientists.
What other vaccines will become compulsory?
Flu and Covid probably have similar fatality rates now that the vulnerable have 2 doses.

Not saying i fully believe the above, but not easy to answer, other than by saying vaccines dont really work.
Again, if it was about minimising variants, youd be better off giving vaccines to the poorer countries where its just being allowed to spread.

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Clap for the NHS is now
Sack the NHS
Like Mows I worry what other things will become compulsory for the benefit of our own health.
I still can’t shake the feeling we’re all getting led down the garden path.
What’s next? When cash is only digital and you pay for everything with your face.
What will happen if the government decide you have been a naughty boy ?
They will just switch off your money.
I have been double jabbed and not anti vax. I’m just not comfortable with this new age of do what your told.

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
With care homes, another factor for them, both NHS and Private is having a “duty of care” and “due diligence”

Insurance/Claims companies could be wringing their hands at potential legal claims made by families of care home residents.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Has anyone challenged it in court yet ?

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
Has anyone challenged it in court yet ?

I’m not sure and I don’t recall hearing anything as yet, but given the government’s stance, I think any care homes not complying are potentially leaving themselves exposed to legal action.

I wonder if those staff quitting because of the vaccine policy will be entitled to any benefits?

Rrrr

Reaction score
I’m not sure and I don’t recall hearing anything as yet, but given the government’s stance, I think any care homes not complying are potentially leaving themselves exposed to legal action.

I wonder if those staff quitting because of the vaccine policy will be entitled to any benefits?
Thats what im thinking about. I would expect at least 1 person choosing to quit or being fired would take it further for what they see as unfair dismissal.

westie4566

Reaction score
Clap for the NHS is now
Sack the NHS
Like Mows I worry what other things will become compulsory for the benefit of our own health.
I still can’t shake the feeling we’re all getting led down the garden path.
What’s next? When cash is only digital and you pay for everything with your face.
What will happen if the government decide you have been a naughty boy ?
They will just switch off your money.
I have been double jabbed and not anti vax. I’m just not comfortable with this new age of do what your told.
digital currency.jpg

Salad Dodger

Reaction score
Thats what im thinking about. I would expect at least 1 person choosing to quit or being fired would take it further for what they see as unfair dismissal.

As the government has made it by law, that care home staff have to be vaccinated, it could be difficult to prove.

I’m sure Boris and Sajid have thought it through🙄

Rrrr

Reaction score
As the government has made it by law, that care home staff have to be vaccinated, it could be difficult to prove.

I’m sure Boris and Sajid have thought it through
Yea, itl be intresting to see how it plays out.

tenet

Reaction score
An article on local news about Gloucester Royal spoke of high occupancy in ICU and a very high proportion had not been vaccinated.
Came across thus on msm re another part of the country.

Seat belts were mentioned up thread and crash helmets could also be added. Is this also compulsion by the state?

ps - booster booked for 7pm this Saturday along with flu jab.

Last edited:

Hoddom

Reaction score
Maybe they know something you don't.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: That's a bit like saying marmite sales and pedophile crimes go up. Blame marmite for pedophilia.

More likely to be the recent flood of cocaine into Europe and reduced testing done on footie players due to diminished drug testing capacity cos of COVID testing.

happy days

Reaction score
Why are so many care home workers willing to lose their job rather than get vaccinated? Everyone I know has been eager to get vaccinated twice and get their booster where eligible. Refusal seems incomprehensible. I begin to wonder if there is a racial, religious or educational, or lack of, behind the refusal. Anyone capable of shedding light on this?
Maybe they personally know people who have died as a result of the vaccine as well as those who have adverse side effects and think risk outweighs benefits, whatever it’s a personal choice and should not be subject to prejudice.

Birkin

Reaction score
So if a nurse or doctor want to work in a operating thearte they HAVE to be vaccinated for Hepatitas B. So if the rule or law says that staff have to have had the Covid19 vaccine why are there staff unwilling to have the Vaccine. Goes with the job surely.
I think, IMHO, that anybody working in the provision of care are selfish not to protect themselves and their charges.

Last edited:

Birkin

Reaction score
Maybe they personally know people who have died as a result of the vaccine as well as those who have adverse side effects and think risk outweighs benefits, whatever it’s a personal choice and should not be subject to prejudice.
I know someone who got run over by a bus but it does not stop me using public transport when needed as the benefits outweigh the risks. As you say its a personal choice but so are the consequences of that choice.

happy days

Reaction score
I know someone who got run over by a bus but it does not stop me using public transport when needed as the benefits outweigh the risks. As you say its a personal choice but so are the consequences of that choice.
If you’re on the bus you’re not likely to be run over by it, as you agree risk/benefit is a personal choice

marty31

Reaction score

Probably! After all its a option to working now ! Not a lifeline

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many here in Alaska are anti vax types with most being influenced by their friends and coworkers. Many are also armed to the teeth with assault weapons and so I'll leave them alone with their choices and not argue. I'm good with trusting science myself, would you hire a guide who isn't a long skilled angler? As for why, the famous line from the old Movie Forrest Gump pretty well covers this question, 'Stupid is what stupid does'. By the way if you've not seen Forest Gump it may be entertaining for you some cold evening.

mows

Reaction score
So if a nurse or doctor want to work in a operating thearte they HAVE to be vaccinated for Hepatitas B. So if the rule or law says that staff have to have had the Covid19 vaccine why are there staff unwilling to have the Vaccine. Goes with the job surely.
I think, IMHO, that anybody working in the provision of care are selfish not to protect themselves are their charges.
As far as im aware.
Once having the Hepatitas vaccine, you are protected against it for a period of years.
And you cant give it to anyone else over that period of years.

I dont think its like for like.

salarchaser

Reaction score
I think, IMHO, that anybody working in the provision of care are selfish not to protect themselves are their charges.
I understand the law may say it, but dont feel Hepatitus B and covid are analagous.

From what I've read and heard, even if double jabbed, you can still catch and transmit covid. The jab is protecting you from more severe symptoms not preventing you getting it.
So, worker A, not jabbed, gets covid, is off sick so not transmitting to those in their care.
Worker B, double jabbed, gets covid, continues to work and transmits it to those in their care.
Sounds like those not jabbed have saved those in their care from infection.

Ok a bit flippant / antagonistic, but the principle stands.
Jabbed or not you may get infected, jabbed or not you may pass it on.
Why persecute those not jabbed?