Cardrona

Greegs

Reaction score
I was looking to book Cardrona for a days fishing on Friday.

Just noticed that it drops off the list at 5pm today (Wednesday)

I know they don’t want last minute bookings but what really is the difference?

Can u phone the ghillie, owners etc??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greegs

Reaction score
If you can't get cardrona,,fish horsburgh,opposite bank,book through Macdonald's hotel cartons,nice beat with easy Access,

I was actually looking at Horsbrugh last night.
I wasn’t sure what the access to the beat was like.
Cheers..

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
Hi Greegs

You can book via Fishpal or buy a permit at the reception with no additional vat. The only problem at the hotel, is it depends who is on the desk. Some reception staff are not very clued up re the fishing. There are a couple of other rods fishing on Friday but there is plenty room.
Re access. The main road runs parallel with the beat with several places to park and walk down to the water. The beat extends much further upstream than Cardrona and the top end can be accessed by driving through the hotel car park, then following the track down to the river. There is a small car parking area next to the river, at the Castle Haugh, you can then walk upstream via the tarred multi use pathway to the Redd Yetts and the Castle Pool.

Tight lines
Kenny

Greegs

Reaction score
Hi Greegs

You can book via Fishpal or buy a permit at the reception with no additional vat. The only problem at the hotel, is it depends who is on the desk. Some reception staff are not very clued up re the fishing. There are a couple of other rods fishing on Friday but there is plenty room.
Re access. The main road runs parallel with the beat with several places to park and walk down to the water. The beat extends much further upstream than Cardrona and the top end can be accessed by driving through the hotel car park, then following the track down to the river. There is a small car parking area next to the river, at the Castle Haugh, you can then walk upstream via the tarred multi use pathway to the Redd Yetts and the Castle Pool.

Tight lines
Kenny

Kenny that’s great info, cheers.

I don’t think I will get down now as we were late getting away from Ibrox tonight as problem with the bus & im just home.

See what time I wake up whether I get down or not.

Thanks Steven.