Calvin's Shrimp Video SBS

easky

Reaction score
Been meaning to try a video step by step for quite a while now and finally had some spare time over the Xmas holidays so gave it a go. Teamed up with Mr Moyola and had some great craic doing a Calvin's Shrimp conehead tube version. Big thanks to Mr M for his patience and his directing as well as camcorder skills ;)

Go easy as I say its my first video version which is quite different from the photo ones ;). Need more work on getting to grips with the autofocus and lightling but hopefully you will get the idea and its doesn't detract too much from the SBS :)

Part one

Part two

Part three

Part four

Last edited:

Big Al

Reaction score
Great stuff Andrew, picked up some good tips, Im looking forward to catching two fresh 5lbers on the Finn and a 12lber on the Mourne next season :D

Bucktail Bob

Banned
Reaction score
Great stuff, does everybody borrow Davie McPhails tying shirt before they do an SBS!:confused:

andyjaffs

Reaction score
Have not had time to watch these through yet, but from the brief flick through they look comprehensive! Definitely raising the game with SBS.

easky

Reaction score
nice sbs andrew and a nice bit of videoing, also a lovely job ya done of it nice and slow for any bigginers to follow thanks for your time.
william

cheers William, tried to go through each step slowly and give any pointers or tips as I went. Also covered some different techniques that might come in handy for people. I thought potbellie kev's recent video on doubling hackles was very helpful so included a bit of the method I use.

Last edited:

thursofisher

Reaction score
Quite a poor effort really, think you need to practise another dozen or so times, and then just pop them in an envelope and send to........................:p:D:D:D:D:D

pendejo

Reaction score
Really helpful, thanks.

Not only are you a good tier but you've also mastered the art of time travel since this video will be recorded 3 days from now. :p

salmonshrimp

Reaction score
Nice job very easy to follow I don't think there's much room for improvement there, you nailed it. For beginners it's great and for those that already tie it's nice to see how others accomplish certain techniques. Are you taking requests, fingers crossed, or do you have plans for any more.

Cheers

Last edited:

rrw35

Reaction score

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Excellent stuff Andrew! Thank you for taking the time and making another great contribution to the forum.

Hollywood

Reaction score
Andrew,

Thanks for putting in the time and effort to make this excellent SBS. Very helpful and definitely picked up some good tips. Keep em coming;);)

William.

easky

Reaction score
Nice job very easy to follow I don't think there's much room for improvement there, you nailed it. For beginners it's great and for those that already tie it's nice to see how others accomplish certain techniques. Are you taking requests, fingers crossed, or do you have plans for any more.

Cheers

cheers guys and enjoyed doing this one so hopefully do some more over the coming months... that is if my cameraman is available :rolleyes::D

Last edited:

Bucktail Bob

Banned
Reaction score
that's just one of my fishing shirts... plus blue is a good colour to show up the detail against ;)

Ah now i see why everyone wore the McPhail tying shirt:D, i was thinking you were all in the same club or just wanted to be like the master himself;)
But that makes sense to me now!
Enjoyed the SBS Easky and look forward to the next one, you could do the next big flee we will all be tying for this summer the Heather Shrimp as heard those green badger capes are like hens teeth right now:D

Altmor

Reaction score
Top drawer Easky ..... you're getting quite accomplished at this tying lark !!:).
Altmor.