C&R - forbidden in Norway!

topeti

Reaction score
Nowadays this is a "hot" topic in Norway.
Because of the bad season of 2007, very strictaly "bag-limits" will be introduced in all rivers. BUT the "Norwegian department of environmental(ism)" will also introduce forbidden C&R this season.

If, how, when; I let you know.

topeti

Reaction score
Yes Sloggi - believe it or not.

Final decisions will come probably in April/May.

topeti

Reaction score
Have they given any explanation for this very strange decision.:confused:

flyman
It seems that a strong ethical group means that we should fish for food and not "have fun with the fish".
They mean also that the fish have pain when hooked... and so on.

topeti

Reaction score
hi

not good for those which have already to reserve their plane ticket like their stay:(

mj
I agree, worst case: Baglimit a day 2 salmon, a week 3 salmon, a season 10 salmon. This is a serious suggestion!:eek:
And no C&R?????:eek:

It can't be true, but I live in a country with good traditions of acting first and then:confused:...

Another thing, this decisions will be final just before season start.

silverleapers

Reaction score
This IS the purpose of fishing, and I'm a mean bugger:mad: so I don't mind torturing an animal a little for sport (actually i do, but have little choice as we don't have enough salmon to kill everything we hook), BUT egad man I hope they have a LOT of fish up there...according to my mates who fished there last year (lakselve region)....the fishing is better here in NL and we HAVE to release all salmon (can keep a maximum of 6 grilse for the season).

Yikes.

flyman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
norway,your f*cked

If your goverment is going to go down the line of Germany (no sportfishing) then your fabulous Salmon fishing is finished.you need ,no fishfarms ,no nets.AND C&R.if you want your fishing to survive,

NOT HOW MUCH FLESH YOU HAVE IN YOUR FREEZER.:rolleyes:

FLYMAN

Last edited:

ThomasL

Reaction score
Is it C&R that will be against the Norwegian law or is it as I have read elsewhere that ir you are allowed to catch one fish per day and then it is up to you if you release that fish or not but it does not matter what you do, you must stop fishing that day.... etc for week and year.

I guess a lot of salmons will be lost instead of released.

stu47

Reaction score
This seems a ridiculous solution to preserving the stocks,kill all,this could mean short holidays for visiting anglers and possibly short seasons for people who fish often,will have to see what happens

stu47

Reaction score
Topeti,opinions should mean something,but as i have seen once this goes through if it goes through.that is final,til the sh1t hits the fan

topeti

Reaction score
Topeti,opinions should mean something,but as i have seen once this goes through if it goes through.that is final,til the sh1t hits the fan
What we mean, what we say, what we do.... it's like running into a wall.
That's why we lose respect to those who make rules.

Last edited:

storlaks

Reaction score
New rules

Can anyone confirm if these are the new rules.....or is this still speculation?

Most rivers will allow anglers one salmon per day, two or three per week and up to 10 per season (eg: Gaula, Orkla, Namsen). Other rivers will allow anglers one salmon per day, two per week and between three and five per season. To allow anglers a full fishing day, the first salmon can be released – and if you so wish, the second, and third etc. When a fish has been killed the fishing must stop for the day. Any angler can bring a fish or two back from Norway, but only if he has first released sufficient fish based on the river’s quota system. Further conservation regulations might be introduced but these have yet to be outlined.

The new angling regulations will be confirmed by February 15 and those regarding bag-netting by March 1. This is in time for the start of the angling season, which starts on June 1 and ends on August 31. It is to be hoped the new regulations will have an immediate effect on prospects. Traditionally, peak fishing weeks are from June 20 to July 20 on most rivers, but some rivers in the Arctic are some weeks later and the Suldal River in the South-west of Norway normally starts properly in mid-August. All the major rivers in the Central Norway region (Namsen, Verdal, Stjørdal, Gaula, Orkla, Surna) expect big salmon from the beginning of June with grilse from the start of July.

topeti

Reaction score
The goverment says that C&R will be a good effort to rescue our wild salmon stock!:):):)

We are impressed that some common sence exist:D:D:D.