Buying from Norway

snap t

Reaction score
Lads, if you pay VAT on an item in Norway is there any obligation to pay customs when the item comes into Ireland ? Norway is not part of the EU but is part of EFTA ( European free trade association) thanks for the help !

kgm

Reaction score
I buy from Norway, Sweden and Iceland often enough and have never had any customs/post office issues.

I've only ever had trouble with goods from America as regards extra customs and postage charges.

Pollowick

Reaction score
Lads, if you pay VAT on an item in Norway is there any obligation to pay customs when the item comes into Ireland ? Norway is not part of the EU but is part of EFTA ( European free trade association) thanks for the help !

Certainly in the UK you are liable for VAT and Duty and I would expect Ireland to be the same. However, it depends on how the post is monitored and checked.

snap t

Reaction score
Saracione is sold. too big for my currents set ups. Thanks for the advice lads. I will custums in nenagh a ring.

Pollowick

Reaction score
Forgot to say that if you speak with the shipper they may be able to sell it without local VAT as they will be directly exporting.