Bull Encounters

jimmythefish

Reaction score
There’s another true 2storys of our younger escapades under gillies tales thread, “Bull encounters,”I was gonna say “ this year if the Covid vaccination is a success,and if any of the lads fancy a throw early some morning to come on ahead,youz are all more than welcome,WE DO honestly get a few ! We’re not that bad really 😀😀😀😀😀

Last edited:

JoeE

Reaction score
Was walking up a field along the banks of the river finn one day with my buddy, cows/bull in the next field. Now I had been fishing this bit for a number of years and there was always a little hole in the fence that was blocked off haphazardly but no animal ever came through it. Blocked well enough they didn't any ways.

So there me and my mate are walking up and he says are you sure that blocked off, and I was like oh aye it always is, its fine, mon we fish this hole up here. There we are walking up as the cows and bull are running along side to follow us. In they pop through the feckin hole staring at us. I looked to my right and my buddy had already started to run, therefore so did the animals. Next thing you know i'm running, overtaking him, i'm then over the gate, turn around laughing my head off to him still running his wee heart out.

With 2 fish each it was a day to remember and part of why we do this

RICO

Reaction score
I was out one day a few years back on my local river which was just dropping off a big flood. I climbed into the field, and as I was making my way up the bank, I could hear the bellowing and then spotted 4 friesian bulls/bullocks in a field across the river. I thought I was safe enough with the river in between us and proceeded on up river, above a weir and started to fish. Next thing I knew was the 4 were behind me, they had crossed over to get at me!!! Two of them were literally tearing the ground up with their heads and hooves. They had me cornered by the spit of land running down towards the weir. I kept facing them, just backing up slowly, and, at one stage I was considering jumping into the river. I thought I would take my chances in the heavy flow compared to what they would have done to me. Next thing they just gave up and wandered off. I didn't hang about and have never returned to that particular part since !!!

Royser89

Reaction score
Every year on the munster blackwater I run the Gauntlet with one of the feckers!! From mid april or may depending on the weather he is put into my favourite beat for a springer. So each season I try to outsmart this bull be never suceed in doing so many narrow escapes at 6 in the morning

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

RICO

Reaction score
Every year on the munster blackwater I run the Gauntlet with one of the feckers!! From mid april or may depending on the weather he is put into my favourite beat for a springer. So each season I try to outsmart this bull be never suceed in doing so many narrow escapes at 6 in the morning

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I beleive some farmers do this deliberately just to stop you fishing. Same on a local river to me, there's a stretch I would dearly love to fish but every year same bull - no fishing

Gosling

Reaction score
I beleive some farmers do this deliberately just to stop you fishing. Same on a local river to me, there's a stretch I would dearly love to fish but every year same bull - no fishing
Yes, on m6 local river a farmer has placed two bulls in the field to prevent fishermen accessin* the river😠😠