Bucktail in Hot Orange ! Where to buy ?

Henke

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for bucktail in HOT orange to use for Willie Gunn's.

Not pale orange (what I mostly see) and not red - but between that.

I cannot find a hot orange bucktail in a very good quality.

Looking forward ..... ;-)

Toasted heretic

Reaction score
Funky, as far as I know Sean Stanton has started dying up high quality buck also.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Thanks Guys !

I got some nice hot orange Bucktail of Steve Cooper - Cookshill Fly tying. I specifically asked for the nice wavey stuff as well (best to give him a call)- as some of the pre-packaged stuff you buy of the major fish websites you can't always tell what you'll get and sometimes it's very stiff. As suggested above, Sean Stanton's Franc n snaelda is another good source.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Not sure on the colour you're after but the Orvis bucktails are the best I've tried, I think KGM has recommended them on here previously.

I also got a decent Blue bucktail from Cookshill at the BFFI show last weekend and I've bought a few off him previously. I'm sure if you ask he'll pick one out. His are good and mine is HOT orange but the quantity of nice soft hair isn't as good as the Orvis ones I've got.

Had a look round the Frank n Snaelda stand but only quickly and didn't see his Bucktails

Piker20

Reaction score
Also like dealing with Steve at Cookshill. He'll pick out longer fibres or softer or a certain shade if he can to match your need. Have a lovely orange yellow and claret from him.