Broken Oracle scandi 14`9

rodbender

Reaction score
Just bought and picked this rod up yesterday and went out to try it today, first cast and the second section from the top snapped in the middle I am contacting the shop tomorrow and asking for a refund as I don`t want a replacement I have lost faith! I have the 12`9 skagit rod and not had any problems with it.
IMG20210412184757.jpg

stanislavck

Reaction score
That is unfortunate.. I have bought the same rod couple weeks ago so hope no issues with it .... :(

cairn

Reaction score
Just got hold of a 12.9 scandi hope a dont need to repair it after first day out🙃

Jock

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, as oracles are usually as reliable as any other modern day rod. Did you let Keirstream cast it? if you did, your warranty will be invalidated:rolleyes: Can understand your loss of faith but get an exp equivalent replacement if you can I see they have a 13'9 " exp on offer go for it

Last edited:

budge

Reaction score
Had a similar thing happen with a 13.9 scandi first trip out a couple of years ago, It was replaced without any fuss. I haven't had a problem since so I wouldn't worry about it. There's probably more of these rods in use than any other so there's bound to be the odd dodgy section slips through quality control.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Andrew B

Reaction score
You could put this down to something known as the law of diminishing returns. ie out of so many thousands of ma#s produced goods there’s bound to be a number of duffers n all that?

Mattytree

Reaction score
I’ve had three brake, granted one brake was my error for leaving near cows! but that’s two I’ve still had shatter when loading ... I would not touch another.

Sam311011

Reaction score
I had the 12-9 skagit, if you look on the forums there has been a few rods snapped. My rod broke casting same type of break, replaced and now sold.

rodbender

Reaction score
A straight break just needs an internal spigot fitted,glued and whipped over easy repair if you know what you're doing and have the relevant bits, done it a few times never had one fail yet
What you say is true and I know a man that would have done a great job on it! but with it being a brand new rod need to let the shop know.

Sam311011

Reaction score
The shop did replace the piece from a rod they had in stock, they could not locate a replacement section and said it was being discontinued, so this is why i sold the rod. The rod was great at throwing the line out and for it to snap on the second day was really disappointing. When i posted it on the forum there had been quite a few broken rods.

Sam311011

Reaction score
I did contact kp sprares for the broken section and again they no longer keep them, the shop used there own stock to replace the broken section.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
A straight break just needs an internal spigot fitted,glued and whipped over easy repair if you know what you're doing and have the relevant bits, done it a few times never had one fail yet

Agree about the fix 👍 but a Brand New rod just out the shop and a break on the first cast it would be back to the shop for me

rodbender

Reaction score
If it's any use to you a friend had a break on this exact rod and got another (he breaks rods regularly) so he has some spare sections. Don't know which one broke but I can ask if you like.
Thanks for the offer but I have contacted the shop and they are sorting it out for me (y)

meyre

Reaction score
Broke similar 6 pce Oracle 14'.9'' ...my fault for not binding the joints. Shakespeare replaced without query and this has operated perfectly for 4 years in river, salt and lake as my stowable in-flight, travel Spey rod.
Sure, for the money a handy piece of kit that has 'feel' to it & throws a good line.