Brexit

Bonito

Reaction score
Who's siding with the French?! The media I've seen has all been about warships and victory - stuff like ibm59's link.

I have no idea who's at fault. Whole thing's utterly ridiculous. Ridiculous French men playing at war on little boats, ridiculous British men playing dress up on castle ramparts. Threats to cut off electricity; sending in warships (they are warships this time, yeah?!).

Whole thing is deeply, deeply embarrassing.

You are easily embarrassed dear lady. Enjoy the moment and watch frenchie squirm and then the granny lover get red in the face with rage. Tis a great pastime so enjoy.

bassfly

Reaction score
Who's siding with the French?! The media I've seen has all been about warships and victory - stuff like ibm59's link.

I have no idea who's at fault. Whole thing's utterly ridiculous. Ridiculous French men playing at war on little boats, ridiculous British men playing dress up on castle ramparts. Threats to cut off electricity; sending in warships (they are warships this time, yeah?!).

Whole thing is deeply, deeply embarrassing.
The French fishermen were being predictably French. Reminded me of their reaction to mad cow desease and our beef.
The man dressed up in period uniform, firing a musket, was very British and you may find embarrasing but it earns our country a fortune in tourism.
Seems the reason for the dispute is the French boats not giving historic evidence of fishing in the waters which may open a can of worms. It seems that we Brits have always played by the rules but others have not and probably giving the correct info for a licence may show that some have not been playing by the rules.

Last edited:

ibm59

Reaction score
20EAAC69-FFE4-48C1-AC12-C00CE946F08F.jpeg

Safranfoer

Reaction score
The French fishermen were being predictably French. Reminded me of their reaction to mad cow desease and our beef.
The man dressed up in period uniform, firing a musket, was very British and you may find embarrasing but it earns our country a fortune in tourism.
Seems the reason for the dispute is the French boats not giving historic evidence of fishing in the waters which may open a can of worms. It seems that we Brits have always played by the rules but others have not and probably giving the correct info for a licence may show that some have not been playing by the rules.
Pageantry is wonderful. I love military parades, military bands, the Red Arrows... Prince Phillip's funeral is one of the most beautiful and touching things I've seen in quite some time, in large part because of all of the pageantry. I am not even slightly embarrassed by this. I'm proud of it. Our military tradition and personnel is something our nation can be proud of.

A man dressed up in battle re-enactment gear firing ancient weapons at French fishermen is... not that. It's not what people pay here to see. It's ridiculous. Which is not the same as siding with the French. It's very possible that the whole thing, left to right, up and down, was ridiculous. And it doesn't matter whose fault it was, who played by what rules, which paperwork went where. Argy bargy flotillas, threats of power cuts, war boats and muskets over fishing are... ridiculous. Bunch of kids playing toy soldiers. Honestly.

Still. Glad to see we're not going to war with our neighbours just yet. Let the ink dry on the Brexit paperwork first.

bassfly

Reaction score
Pageantry is wonderful. I love military parades, military bands, the Red Arrows... Prince Phillip's funeral is one of the most beautiful and touching things I've seen in quite some time, in large part because of all of the pageantry. I am not even slightly embarrassed by this. I'm proud of it. Our military tradition and personnel is something our nation can be proud of.

A man dressed up in battle re-enactment gear firing ancient weapons at French fishermen is... not that. It's not what people pay here to see. It's ridiculous. Which is not the same as siding with the French. It's very possible that the whole thing, left to right, up and down, was ridiculous. And it doesn't matter whose fault it was, who played by what rules, which paperwork went where. Argy bargy flotillas, threats of power cuts, war boats and muskets over fishing are... ridiculous. Bunch of kids playing toy soldiers. Honestly.

Still. Glad to see we're not going to war with our neighbours just yet. Let the ink dry on the Brexit paperwork first.
If you have seen the footage, which I assume you have, It would prove that you know nothing about firing a gun. The idea is to point the gun at the target as pointing it up into the arm in a symbolic gesture and is hardly firing at anybody. Well maybe a few seagulls.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
If you have seen the footage, which I assume you have, It would prove that you know nothing about firing a gun. The idea is to point the gun at the target as pointing it up into the arm in a symbolic gesture and is hardly firing at anybody. Well maybe a few seagulls.
I shot a rat this week. I’m queen of shooting guns.

You don’t think dressing up in re-enactment gear and firing muskets (in the air, at boats, anywhere) is ridiculous. Perfectly sane. What this esteemed nation is famed for. Whatever. I learned tonight that there was also diplomats with loudspeakers hurling abuse at each other from small boats. Just like Farage and Geldof! I have many angles to go at here.

More seriously. What’s stopping any EU nation now demanding the same high standard of proof from British boats seeking permits? Are we assuming we all have GPS and kept the data? Maybe we did... regardless. Why can’t we all just... chill out and make the best of where we are and move forward sensibly. Brexit happened. Now let’s crack on and let people earn a living.

bassfly

Reaction score
We are very good at putting on a bit of tradition. Remember that funeral last week. We dont half do it well. I think the shouting off the boats was from the French fishermen enacting the usual French way of doing things. They are quite good at it as they know we are a bit more reserved and tend to put up with bullies until it comes to the crunch as they have found out in the past. I suppose they will keep it up until they get what they want.
PS The only EU affiliated country we want licences off are Norway the rest just want to plunder our waters.

Last edited: